Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is what drives fans insane. As I said earlier, I can live with the foul on Welbeck and todays one at Newcastle not being given, go with the refs on field decision unless it's an absolute clanger but then you get a decision like this which is also NOT a clanger by the ref and VAR gets involved. Ridiculous.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Is Son going to require major facial reconstruction after that?

3 mins on the floor, then hey ho, he's back up as if nothing has happened. As much as I hate Utd the game is becoming a total farce.

Now he scores - oh, the irony.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Imagine being in the stadium and that happening - honestly if nothing changes I might have to give up my season ticket for the first time in nearly 20 years, this isn’t football anymore, combing through every goal for 4 minutes looking for something wrong, sleeve offsides, inconsistent decisions, this was meant to improve the game.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Imagine being in the stadium and that happening - honestly if nothing changes I might have to give up my season ticket for the first time in nearly 20 years, this isn’t football anymore, combing through every goal for 4 minutes looking for something wrong, sleeve offsides, inconsistent decisions, this was meant to improve the game.

I have just given mine up after 27 consecutive years. VAR is the reason for me, pure and simple. I hate it as football is just not the same game I grew up watching anymore. The local non league scene is getting my support from next season. allthough I will always follow the Albion via MOTD.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
.........combing through every goal for 4 minutes looking for something wrong, sleeve offsides, inconsistent decisions, this was meant to improve the game.

That is the exact impression I am getting by the way VAR is being used. It seems to me that every single time a goal is scored, VAR is actively looking for a reason to disallow it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That is the exact impression I am getting by the way VAR is being used. It seems to me that every single time a goal is scored, VAR is actively looking for a reason to disallow it.

It’s a total mess, I didn’t think that one by Tarkowski earlier was a penalty to be honest but if that wasn’t deemed a foul, a players foot up at head height then how is a flick of a finger across the nose enough to disallow a goal?

It’s actually beyond bizarre now, it’s being run by imbeciles.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Manchester United get a taste of their own VAR medicine. They really don’t like it. I say tough - **** them. Let’s be honest they mainly get the breaks their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolute joke..........game is being ruined. Ridiculous offsides, players falling over when breathed on to try to steal an advantage and the refs complicit in allowing it to happen. Has to be sorted out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The easy way to sort VAR out is just get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It would have been nice if VAR took their time last week re Welbeck and Maguire though, not just 15 secs.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But VAR didn't disallow it they told a weak and inept ref to "review" it and he disallowed the goal for finger across the nose.

Exactly! There are two errors here but one easy chance to rectify the other. Of course none of us wants it referred to VAR in the first place. But critically the ref has all the time in the world to see how Son has made a total meal of it.

As a previous post has stated it now looks like VAR is engaged to actively seek out reasons to rule out a goal.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
var appeared to of get better for a few weeks recently but noticed the last few weeks its back to its sh1thouery best.

Killing the game

Mctominay has to runs with arms by his side does he.

Farcical

Games gone

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
But VAR didn't disallow it they told a weak and inept ref to "review" it and he disallowed the goal for finger across the nose.

It was deliberate contact of hand to face so surely a foul. Therefore should have been blown up before the goal.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Exactly! There are two errors here but one easy chance to rectify the other. Of course none of us wants it referred to VAR in the first place. But critically the ref has all the time in the world to see how Son has made a total meal of it.

As a previous post has stated it now looks like VAR is engaged to actively seek out reasons to rule out a goal.

Thought the ref look petrified. He could have easily brushed off the video review as nothing but he took the easy option, as they mostly do, in that VAR is directing him to review it therefore it must be a foul. Poor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
var appeared to of get better for a few weeks recently but noticed the last few weeks its back to its sh1thouery best.

Killing the game

Farcical

Games gone

There was no need for McTom to swing his arm back at shoulder height.
Son was not touched in a manner to force him to the ground, requiring 'treatment'.
The incident had no bearing on the goal.

You can see why it was disallowed...

... oh.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Killing the game

Farcical

Games gone

Look at the replay. His arm was already up. He straightened the arm so his hand went into Song's face.
Not major contact but still contact.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know VAR is extremely frustrating and seems to be ruining the game as we know it.....it is. I would hate to think fans were giving up their season ticket following the Albion (thick or thin) because of it. Its the same frustrating game spoiler for all fans of all teams. I had to give up my season ticket because of work and would love to go and watch my team every game even with VAR ruining a lot of the decisions. But to go to live games the decisions are reduced to a minimum and some we gain and some we lose......if different than watching every VAR decision on tele, which there are many.
Now its a case of screaming at the VAR decision rather than the ref. It needs to be sorted and clarified but i would still want to go to support my team even tbough VAR diminishes the passion sometimes. Can understand wanting to watch an unmolested game though.......who do you shout at when you dont agree with a decision.......yes the ref of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here