Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
great win by Leeds but why the **** is the commentator talking about 10 leeds heroes, bamboozled Pep, quite extraordinary game. FFS they won with a late counter attack against the run of play. it happens quite often when u have 10 men.
i really dont understand this adulation of Leeds. Thy are good, but nothing more

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Leeds did really well second half. They forced city wide and dealt with everything coming into the box. Leeds deserved something but not a win. That was the ultimate smash and grab but they defended well.

Cooper will miss the game vs us. I think he is rubbish so that might not be a good thing.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
great win by Leeds but why the **** is the commentator talking about 10 leeds heroes, bamboozled Pep, quite extraordinary game. FFS they won with a late counter attack against the run of play. it happens quite often when u have 10 men.
i really dont understand this adulation of Leeds. Thy are good, but nothing more

People on here may not like the history of Leeds or their fans but their current team are extremely entertaining to watch.

This win was an outstanding result away to Champions Elect Man City with 10 men for the second half. I have watched Leeds quite a few times this season and they do play a different game to most other teams - sometimes it doesn't pay off but they are always exciting to watch. So credit where credit is due :) IMO

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Fernandino or however his name is spelled should have been sent off. Disgusting challenge.

Agreed. I can’t see how kicking someone near the knee, with absolutely no intention of playing the ball, isn’t a red card. Particularly when he was practically through on goal.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
People on here may not like the history of Leeds or their fans but their current team are extremely entertaining to watch.

This win was an outstanding result away to Champions Elect Man City with 10 men for the second half. I have watched Leeds quite a few times this season and they do play a different game to most other teams - sometimes it doesn't pay off but they are always exciting to watch. So credit where credit is due :) IMO

like i said, they are good, and it was a great win. BUT thats all it was, they arent this amazing team ripping up the league, They are an entertaining team that has done very well , but thats it. I dont buy into this Messiah Beliesa bullcrap.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. I can’t see how kicking someone near the knee, with absolutely no intention of playing the ball, isn’t a red card. Particularly when he was practically through on goal.

It’s like they are judging as to exactly what injury will be caused by what tackle. He could have broken his arm or neck with that challenge.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
like i said, they are good, and it was a great win. BUT thats all it was, they arent this amazing team ripping up the league, They are an entertaining team that has done very well , but thats it. I dont buy into this Messiah Beliesa bullcrap.

Fair enough. I think the media love to big up a team coming up from the Championship and doing well. They raved about Sheff U and Wolves and both are struggling now.

It will be interesting to see how Leeds do over the next 2 seasons - I think they have been fairly fortunate with injuries this season ?

I would love to see us 4-0 up at half time against them again at the Amex in a few weeks time :albion2:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Agreed they have been outstanding in their Premier league return. If we had a season in the life of our stint in this division we would be having babies over our style of football. Not good every week but never dull & not in a relegation scrap from the off. Dont be surprised if they beat us in our upcoming game they are so unpredictable, likewise we could dismantle them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was depressing to see the entire Soccer Saturday panel agree Maguire fouled Welbeck for a stonewall penalty. I'm still seething about Mike Dean's pisspoor decision.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
By the way we have had loads of injuries which is why we have played full backs at centre half. Nearly all our major summer signings have been out injured for large parts of the season. Last week was the first time we could pick all our centre halves. Throw in our rubbish pitch which had to be relaid and add our home fans next season. We budgeted for 17th and should finish mid table which means we will earn an extra 20 million. We have 49ers investment so expect us to sign the 3 players we need. We also have some great attacking youngsters which will get in the first team over the next 2 years. We owe everything to Bielsa.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Allsvenskan starting today, first game Malmö vs Hammarby. Feels so weird and clean without the VAR, hope it will be kept that way.

Akker

Sep 9, 2020
Fair enough. I think the media love to big up a team coming up from the Championship and doing well. They raved about Sheff U and Wolves and both are struggling now.

It will be interesting to see how Leeds do over the next 2 seasons - I think they have been fairly fortunate with injuries this season ?

I would love to see us 4-0 up at half time against them again at the Amex in a few weeks time :albion2:

Leeds have been one of the hardest hit by injuries in the entire league.

We’re without all of their summer signings at one stage and Llorente and Koch have missed most of the season.

Phillips has missed around 5 matches as has Cooper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here