Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not convinced I've been proven wrong yet. Our fixture congestion problem hasn't gone away.

I'm going to continue to expect the worst and hope we don't trip up through tiredness like we did at Forest.

Last two fixtures were just mental though... Almost superhuman. The dream is still alive, but let's not get too disappointed if we fall at the final hurdles... What we're doing is insane and the odds are still stacked against us.
So you're not convinced you've been proven wrong yet, "going to continue to expect the worst" and "the odds are still stacked against us".

Have you looked at the table recently? Have you looked at Villa's run-in of games? Have you seen how well we've been playing?

I'll try and put this politely as it's nothing personal, but I think you're continuing to back the wrong horse here.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Christ, Mbeumo's got a massive arse.

Nothing more to add, your honour.

There I was mulling over whether to get involved in defence of the scousers booing the anthem (what were they even thinking of, playing it at Anfield in the first place??)...and then got completely distracted by the shot of them waiting to take the free kick and finding myself thinking exactly this!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m not buying this ‘odds stacked against us’ stuff… it was at the start of the season but with the squad/XI we have now we are more than a match for these teams, maybe City aside.

It goes alongside arsenal fans pretending not to be disappointed by the title loss, let’s not pretend we won’t be
I don't think I've seen/heard one comment about odds being stacked against us?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So you're not convinced you've been proven wrong yet, are "going to continue to expect the worst" and "the odds are stacked against us".

Have you looked at the table recently? Have you looked at Villa's run-in of games? Have you seen how well we've been playing?

I'll try and put this politely as it's nothing personal, but I think you're continuing to back the wrong horse here.
For me (and I’m far from perfect) I always think ‘never too high never too low’. I’m sure many of us were worried about squad depth after forest - I certainly had the worry our season could be derailed - but i wasn’t gonna do a new thread on here predicting it. As @Simster has said, when the team v Wolves came up we were all a bit worried that we’d not got the depth to win that. Yet I also appreciated the need to rest some players. I also appreciate Arsenal & Newcastle away and City at home could easily mean 3 defeats. If it happens, it happens. But never too high, never too low means you’re not gonna post stuff on here that can make you look silly. So many judgemental ‘100%’ predictions happen on football message boards - and many can make people look foolish right…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m not buying this ‘odds stacked against us’ stuff… it was at the start of the season but with the squad/XI we have now we are more than a match for these teams, maybe City aside.

It goes alongside arsenal fans pretending not to be disappointed by the title loss, let’s not pretend we won’t be
I’m a bit guilty of this in general - I think it’s a mental thing to keep me level. Expect nothing so if we get nothing im not too disappointed. It’s human nature. But yes, you’re without doubt correct tbh…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So if you lose a bit of weight, you'll be perfect?
Not perfect, but I’d be pretty much there and I’ll be on the next series of love island - I assume you’ll be voting for me?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
And you all laughed when I said Wolves was the game Villa would lose.
34E5E139-CD66-467D-B1D0-913EFA21ACC9.jpeg

I had the faith, although those morons up the road can’t do anything right

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not perfect, but I’d be pretty much there and I’ll be on the next series of love island - I assume you’ll be voting for me?
Of course :love: :cheery:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not convinced I've been proven wrong yet. Our fixture congestion problem hasn't gone away.

I'm going to continue to expect the worst and hope we don't trip up through tiredness like we did at Forest.

Last two fixtures were just mental though... Almost superhuman. The dream is still alive, but let's not get too disappointed if we fall at the final hurdles... What we're doing is insane and the odds are still stacked against us.
Two more wins require Villa to win their last three including against us.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For me (and I’m far from perfect) I always think ‘never too high never too low’. I’m sure many of us were worried about squad depth after forest - I certainly had the worry our season could be derailed - but i wasn’t gonna do a new thread on here predicting it. As @Simster has said, when the team v Wolves came up we were all a bit worried that we’d not got the depth to win that. Yet I also appreciated the need to rest some players. I also appreciate Arsenal & Newcastle away and City at home could easily mean 3 defeats. If it happens, it happens. But never too high, never too low means you’re not gonna post stuff on here that can make you look silly. So many judgemental ‘100%’ predictions happen on football message boards - and many can make people look foolish right…

If Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow it pretty much means Citeh win the title, Arsenal finish 2nd, and Newcastle guaranteed Champions League. Which surely makes all our games against those three slightly easier…

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Newcastle beat Arsenal tomorrow it pretty much means Citeh win the title, Arsenal finish 2nd, and Newcastle guaranteed Champions League. Which surely makes all our games against those three slightly easier…
It's a good point, but Liverpool can still get to 71 points, so if Newcastle beat Arsenal, but stupidly lost at Leeds, they'd still need the points to be sure of CL football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’ll go on the porky version if need be… one told her - she just laughed at me 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just you wait until you're on Love Island and see who's laughing then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here