Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I doubt Spurs are that fussed about qualifying for the Europa League, unlike Brighton as it will be a historical achievement for the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You probably can't comprehend how ecstatic I am with our recent results... Still pinching myself to be honest.
Well I'm a fan too, so I might be able to. I'm not doubting that you're happy to have been wrong so far, but to go from where you were to 'winning our remaining 6 games' is a bit mad.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They probably should have kept Potter, and with Winstanley's recruiting nous, cleared out as much of the toxic deadwood as possible in the summer and start building an identifiable, united and competitive team. I think that was Boehly's plan - and TBF it wasn't a bad one. De Zerbi is doing a great job for us, but there is a lot of aftertiming on here about Potter - we were actually playing some decent football under him before RDZ arrived and took it on further.
Unfortunately for Boehly, he didn't reckon with entitled Chelsea fans. Many of them were grizzling from the start about the insult to them of having to put up with a no-mark from Brighton (FFS!) not a mega-superstar that was their right - and their continuous howls of rage eventually made Boehly lose hs nerve and sack Potter.
His decision to 'solve' the problem and appease the fans by down-grading to Lampard is a disaster though!
Potter got us playing some good football but he never got 3 or 4 players in the box when we attacked. We are much more threatening under De Zerbi. We also move the ball for more quickly moving forwards

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Well I'm a fan too, so I might be able to. I'm not doubting that you're happy to have been wrong so far, but to go from where you were to 'winning our remaining 6 games' is a bit mad.
Not convinced I've been proven wrong yet. Our fixture congestion problem hasn't gone away.

I'm going to continue to expect the worst and hope we don't trip up through tiredness like we did at Forest.

Last two fixtures were just mental though... Almost superhuman. The dream is still alive, but let's not get too disappointed if we fall at the final hurdles... What we're doing is insane and the odds are still stacked against us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not convinced I've been proven wrong yet. Our fixture congestion problem hasn't gone away.

I'm going to continue to expect the worst and hope we don't trip up through tiredness like we did at Forest.

Last two fixtures were just mental though... Almost superhuman. The dream is still alive, but let's not get too disappointed if we fall at the final hurdles... What we're doing is insane and the odds are still stacked against us.
Who did you post as previously? I remember you saying it but can’t remember who?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is a few little positives to Liverpool winning tonight though.. keep the run going and outside chance of top 4 - Brentford pretty much can’t catch us…

The above is with the fact they have to play Villa at home still btw…

Remember they have VAR etc playing for them too which makes them even more harder to catch - Konate has made at least 2 yellow card fouls …

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Jeez...give us ( and yourself) a break,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No you haven't been - but what's with your sudden change to 'win the next 6....'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here