Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had £20 on a Villa Spurs double so one of them was bound to drop points
I thought about doing the same, but Spurs being odds on put me off. But thank you for your sacrifice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS Palace, you had one job...
Give 4 key points to us in our European push absolutely finishing a mile above them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm fairly sure Liverpool will finish 5th. too - so if they do win it won't be any heartache for us

And while us finishing 5th would be our best ever finish, finishing 6th (a not quite as good best ever finish) would get us the same EL reward. I'd be very happy with 6th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t want to sound like a misery, but if Liverpool pip United to 4th spot and then United win the cup final, European places will only go down to 6th?
No. Unless Utd drop down to 8th. Even if they finish 6th it's fine, because top 4 get CL, 5th gets EL, utd (fa cup) get EL, 7th gets Conference.

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Having a player called Mee on the pitch makes the commentary a bit weird. 'It's down to Mee to get it away'... what?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
With those results, Brighton will only need 8 more points to achieve Europe. But with Villa's hard fixture list, this may be reduced further.
The win for Spurs means Europa League is still hard to achieve. But Spurs do play away at Villa next.

However, ultimately it is in our own hands.
Erm we needed 8 points BEFORE these results too. Made no difference. 60 will be enough due to villas run in. Just beat Everton and soton.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1-0 Liverpool.

As it stands mid-match, they're 1 point behind United in 4th with a much better GD, but having played 2 games more.

United to end up in 5th would suit me.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Erm we needed 8 points BEFORE these results too. Made no difference. 60 will be enough due to villas run in. Just beat Everton and soton.
No. 8 points put us on 63. If Villa had won today, they and Spurs could have both finished on 64.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Two wins and two draws from our remaining six games now guarantees us Conference League next season.

Three wins and two draws guarantees us sixth and Europa League, barring an almost impossible GD swing of 15.

Winning our remaining 6 games guarantees Europa League.

It's in our hands.

Impossible is nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here