Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still have Brentford to come yet...
Yes. And will be willing them on… but also a little acceptant Liverpool will come 5th - so even if Liverpool win I’d still have taken these results - as per post above…

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So if Villa don’t beat Spurs and lose at Anfield (or other way around), 3 points from our last 6 games would guarantee European football (unless GD takes an impossible swing!)… you know… that’s huge today… huge
Villa will beat spurs, that how Spurs work...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not even thinking about finishing above Villa now, that's a done deal in my mind. It's now all about finishing top 6.

Spurs will draw one of their remaining games, so finish on 64. Villa can only get 63 and that's beating Spurs and us.

9 pts and we will finish top 6, then it's whether we can pip Liverpool to 5th.
Should that draw arrive in Villa v Spurs next week, it'll be 61 points max for Villa and 64 points max for Spurs.

Assuming Liverpool don't lose to Brentford today, 2 wins for us would then be enough for top 7 on GD.

And yes, 3 wins for us would bring top 6 on GD.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incredible that the Wolves side so clearly on the bench have done such a massive favour for us today.

f*** off Palace
Maybe, just maybe, they weren't on the beach last week.
Maybe they just couldn't live with the Albion.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. And will be willing them on… but also a little acceptant Liverpool will come 5th - so even if Liverpool win I’d still have taken these results - as per post above…
I'm fairly sure Liverpool will finish 5th. too - so if they do win it won't be any heartache for us, and it also gives them an outside chance of kicking United out of the CL places, which would be an absolute joy!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I'm fairly sure Liverpool will finish 5th. too - so if they do win it won't be any heartache for us, and it also gives them an outside chance of kicking United out of the CL places, which would be an absolute joy!
it’s not beyond possibity that Brentford take something off them today. Let’s just hope eh

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So if Villa don’t beat Spurs and lose at Anfield (or other way around), 3 points from our last 6 games would guarantee European football (unless GD takes an impossible swing!)… you know… that’s huge today… huge
Correct..as long as Brentford don't beat Liverpool today and fail to win the other 3.

If they did, they could reach 62 points. But that's extremely unlikely with 2 of their 3 games against Spurs and Man City.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here