Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We don’t have to worry about anyone else.

We got this.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given Villa have Spurs and Liverpool, seems likely that 6 points against Everton and Saints would be enough for 7th. Ideally, they beat Spurs and lose to Liverpool.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Given Villa have Spurs and Liverpool, seems likely that 6 points against Everton and Saints would be enough for 7th. Ideally, they beat Spurs and lose to Liverpool.

This is what am thinking as well, if we want 6th we need to dice with danger and hope for a villa win versus Spurs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given Villa have Spurs and Liverpool, seems likely that 6 points against Everton and Saints would be enough for 7th
Obviously we'll be favourites for the Everton and Saints game, but I fear winning them both won't be the done deal everyone seems to be assuming.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Obviously we'll be favourites for the Everton and Saints game, but I fear winning them both won't be the done deal everyone seems to be assuming.
Yeah that could well be the case, but I'm confident that this Brighton side can provide a real challenge to Arsenal, Newcastle, Man City and Villa; perhaps getting a few points from them.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It wont be. I'd be pretty confident about beating a relegated Saints, but Everton will be far from simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Classy palace - what are the chances...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Get him banned. Good riddance.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Mmm wouldn’t want to guess Spurs results tbh! Win Monday and it will be huge. I’d like to have 7th secure asap and todays Villa loss is huge for that. Last thing we want is a last day shoot out. But would love to pip spurs to 6th after the injustice of THAT game eh… Spurs Villa draw next weekend would be great - means if we win and Villa lose to Liverpool we’d be guaranteed Europe let alone the 5 games we have left and what we may get from them… then we go all out for 6th…

I noticed even coming 3rd in a Europa league group gets you knockout stages in the conf league - would really like Europa main but don’t want to be greedy…

It would be great of we were guaranteed 7th place before the saints game but seems unlikely unless results go in our favour

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would be great of we were guaranteed 7th place before the saints game but seems unlikely unless results go in our favour
Yep. I think we could be. We’d need to get 3 ideally 4 points out of Everton and Newcastle but I can see Villa losing at Anfield. The key one is them against Spurs at home - which I think draw or Villa win. Of Villa don’t win that one I think they’re done for in terms of catching us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Classy palace - what are the chances...

When he scored against us he chose to celebrate in front of the Brighton fans instead of his own. Luckily no one did that exact gesture but he probably got more wanker signs and a shit ton of verbal abuse.

Classless casual racism for sure but everyone else in that video could have been swapped for most teams fans when dealing with a player who loves a wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here