Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/2

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Who is he playing for?

Using that logic he also thinks Glenn Murray isn’t a good striker.

Of course Potter thinks nothing of the sort as he shows with the quote when May went to Arsenal.

Mat has been a great servant to the club in the Premier League, and he has played no small part for the club at this level.

“We have incredible talent and competition at this club for just one position, and understandably, as Australia's number one, Mat wants the chance of more regular opportunities.

“Mat is a pleasure to work with, a consummate professional and someone who works incredibly hard at his game. We wish him well at Arsenal and will be watching his progress there.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Arsenal on loan from Brighton - thought that was obvious. So where’s the quote from Potter saying he’s not a good keeper? I’ve only heard him say the opposite and praise his professionalism...

Yes, while casting him off to Arsenal a top 6 side, has the air of arrogance from Potter, if we had sold him for a mint then that's a different story.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Christ on a bike, Murray was a brilliant striker. :ffsparr:

Well if that’s the case why’s he ****ed him off to Watford on loan and then a perm to Forest. See how the Potter thinks Ryan is shit cause he’s loaned to Arsenal logic falls over.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Well if that’s the case why’s he ****ed him off to Watford on loan and then a perm to Forest. See how the Potter thinks Ryan is shit cause he’s loaned to Arsenal logic falls over.

So we have better keepers than Ryan in case of injury?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, while casting him off to Arsenal a top 6 side, has the air of arrogance from Potter, if we had sold him for a mint then that's a different story.

We still may do off he’s in contract (I genuinely don’t know). My gripe with what you said is you wrote it as ‘fact’ when it is anything but fact. I think Ryan’s a terrific keeper but he faded this season and at present Sanchez is better. Potter hasn’t said doesn’t think he’s a good keeper - and I doubt thinks that as chose him for 1.5 seasons nearly every game. This is where opinions turn into guesswork fact and get written on the board and it’s not healthy imo matey... You told me to give my head a wobble after I said Leicester game was an off day and to move on to the next....!??? What advice would you give someone who’s not just offering an opinion you don’t agree with but is mis-quoting and making stuff up I wonder?!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I know it’s not PL, but, Murray , Knocky, and Bong all start for Forest today.

Fair point. I don't know what thread I'm on at times, it's all very confusing..

tenor.gif

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Real Madrid sold Ronaldo as they clearly don’t think he’s a good football player... exactly the same theory applied...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
We still may do off he’s in contract (I genuinely don’t know). My gripe with what you said is you wrote it as ‘fact’ when it is anything but fact. I think Ryan’s a terrific keeper but he faded this season and at present Sanchez is better. Potter hasn’t said doesn’t think he’s a good keeper - and I doubt thinks that as chose him for 1.5 seasons nearly every game. This is where opinions turn into guesswork fact and get written on the board and it’s not healthy imo matey... You told me to give my head a wobble after I said Leicester game was an off day and to move on to the next....!??? What advice would you give someone who’s not just offering an opinion you don’t agree with but is mis-quoting and making stuff up I wonder?!

Okay, Okay the problem for me is we haven't made provision for a Sanchez injury.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I don’t think we have no. But you’re now changing the debate completely - all we were saying was Potter hasn’t said Ryan isn’t good - he even said Maty wants to be playing regularly in the quote someone posted above!?!? Could have been part of why the move happened - could have been a bust up etc etc - it’s never black and white!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Okay, Okay the problem for me is we haven't made provision for a Sanchez injury.

Yeh that I agree with to an extent although Steele and Walton are OK it seems. But I think Ryan wanted a loan move as mentioned above...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I don’t think we have no. But you’re now changing the debate completely - all we were saying was Potter hasn’t said Ryan isn’t good - he even said Maty wants to be playing regularly in the quote someone posted above!?!? Could have been part of why the move happened - could have been a bust up etc etc - it’s never black and white!

Agreed, but it isn't very professional to leave yourself exposed at this level regarding a keeper, things can change very quickly, Maty may well want to be playing regular and it's a fair point.

Hypothetically what if Sanchez is ruled out for the rest of the season, can we recall Ryan?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

It would be very harsh against Ryan to force him to stay. Going from the starting keeper to the backup keeper must be incredibly demotivating and tough to deal with and because of his services to the club, he deserved to go to a new club and get a new start. It wouldnt surprise me if Steele & Walton who are fine with being backups are better mentally prepared to step in case of injury rather than a Ryan who wanted to leave the club.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
It would be very harsh against Ryan to force him to stay. Going from the starting keeper to the backup keeper must be incredibly demotivating and tough to deal with and because of his services to the club, he deserved to go to a new club and get a new start. It wouldnt surprise me if Steele & Walton who are fine with being backups are better mentally prepared to step in case of injury rather than a Ryan who wanted to leave the club.

Fair points.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I guess it’s less of a kick in the ego to go to Arsenal and sit on the bench behind Leno than behind a inexperienced young goal keeper who’s never played for the first team :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Agreed, but it isn't very professional to leave yourself exposed at this level regarding a keeper, things can change very quickly, Maty may well want to be playing regular and it's a fair point.

Hypothetically what if Sanchez is ruled out for the rest of the season, can we recall Ryan?

No, can’t recall players from loan outside of transfer windows. I certainly agree we’ve taken a risk in loaning out Ryan and leaving ourselves 3 inexperienced players at the PL level, but if Ryan wanted the loan move as he felt he had more chance of game time somewhere else then I don’t think we had much choice. He wouldn’t have been happy potentially being 3rd or 4th choice for the rest of the season and it effecting his international chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here