Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/2

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
So they’ve just mentioned concussion subs start today.

You can have 2 extra subs for concussion injuries. But the other team can have extra subs to balance things up.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watch the reply, it was deflected off an Arsenal defender. :shrug:

Yes, he's just conceded a goal. That's a fact, isn't it? And that's all I said - made no judgement. I wouldn't offer an opinion on it not having seen it, and not being able to watch the 'reply',

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Sort of sums up Ryan’s luck this season.

I thought he needed to be dropped as he wasn’t performing anywhere near his best but it did also feel like he was getting a tad unlucky with some of the goals that were going in.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Yes, he's just conceded a goal. That's a fact, isn't it? And that's all I said - made no judgement. I wouldn't offer an opinion on it not having seen it, and not being able to watch the 'reply',

No Arsenal just conceded a goal fact, look before you leap. :shrug:

P.S. I've corrected my typo, well done..:tosser:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
These two commentators singing the praises of how Dean Smith and Terry took Villa from bottom half championship back to where they ‘belong’

Care to mention the fact they spent tens of millions, broke FFP and only stayed up last season because of a technical error? Oh and then spent a further 372 billion in the summer and pay ridiculous wages.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sort of sums up Ryan’s luck this season.

I thought he needed to be dropped as he wasn’t performing anywhere near his best but it did also feel like he was getting a tad unlucky with some of the goals that were going in.

Something has happened to Matty. Since last season his performances have dropped dramatically.

He was never a top tier keeper, but relatively consistent, good character. I wonder if he’s has some personal issues, maybe related to Covid and being away from his family. His buddy Mooy leaving. I don’t know.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Watching the Arsenal Fans watchalong live for the first time. WTAF? Bez in a hat mumbling about something, long periods of silence and just general guff.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ryan's unwanted stat
Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal

Mat Ryan conceded just 74 seconds into his first Premier League start for Arsenal, becoming just the fourth goalkeeper in the competition's history to concede within the opening two minutes of their full Premier League debut for a club, after Gavin Ward (Bolton), Ian Bennett (Sheff Utd) and Daniele Padelli (Liverpool).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ryan's unwanted stat
Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal

Mat Ryan conceded just 74 seconds into his first Premier League start for Arsenal, becoming just the fourth goalkeeper in the competition's history to concede within the opening two minutes of their full Premier League debut for a club, after Gavin Ward (Bolton), Ian Bennett (Sheff Utd) and Daniele Padelli (Liverpool).

Three absolute legends of the game.
Poor Maty.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Watching the Arsenal Fans watchalong live for the first time. WTAF? Bez in a hat mumbling about something, long periods of silence and just general guff.

Isn’t it always like that, oh and a extended four letter rant when they lose to a better side.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
BT sport obsessed with that puppet clown Peter Walton, we don’t care.

Watching Peter Walton for the past 2 or 3 seasons and some of his bizzare utterings on goals, penalties and red cards, when he now has the benefit if multiple slow motion replays in the studio, just makes me now understand why he and so many other refs are or were utter crap, even when the offence happened right in front of them with a clear view.
I sometimes thought they were bent or scared of fans/ managers at the big clubs but I just think that they are/were totally hapless.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bez thinks Social Media is VAR. Checks phone - LAST MAN - THEY ALL SAY IT - GO TO THE MONITAH!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bez thinks Social Media is VAR. Checks phone - LAST MAN - THEY ALL SAY IT - GO TO THE MONITAH!

It's like catchphrase to him. He seems to not understand how the monitor is used in games. Constantly asking the ref to check it even though the ref made the call and the VAR ref agreed. If he went to the monitor every time he made a decision the VAR agreed with he'd be living by by the monitor all weekend..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So they’ve just mentioned concussion subs start today.

You can have 2 extra subs for concussion injuries. But the other team can have extra subs to balance things up.

I wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing players go down under a nothing challenge and claim concussion so teams can use an extra sub.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing players go down under a nothing challenge and claim concussion so teams can use an extra sub.
But if its classed as a concussion they can't play within a week

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here