The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Grealish headshot :lolol:

Martin Keown ‘he’s done well to stay on his feet there’

He’s literally rolling around on the floor :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing players go down under a nothing challenge and claim concussion so teams can use an extra sub.

But if its classed as a concussion they can't play within a week

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I don't think we will see that as if a player is substituted under the concussion rules the other team are given an extra sub they can use at any time, so there isn't an advantage to get a fresh pair of legs on the pitch when the other team have used all their subs. It does mean in theory that each team could end up making 7 subs in a game, although i imagine the chances of that ever happening are very very slim.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-card-system-to-protect-player-welfare-works

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
According to the Beeb
"79 mins
GREAT SAVE!
Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
Mat Ryan may have conceded very early but he's been solid since and made a number of good saves, the latest of which sees him keep out a stinging effort from Jack Grealish.
It keeps Arsenal in it with just under 10 minutes to go..."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
According to the Beeb
"79 mins
GREAT SAVE!
Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
Mat Ryan may have conceded very early but he's been solid since and made a number of good saves, the latest of which sees him keep out a stinging effort from Jack Grealish.
It keeps Arsenal in it with just under 10 minutes to go..."

Arsenal frequently losing the ball in their third is creating havoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The goal was deflected and it is not Ryans fault that Arsenal cannot score today.
It will be very interesting to see the Arsenal fans post match reaction if they lose this.
Shame we didn't get Watkins from Brentford.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But if its classed as a concussion they can't play within a week

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I don't think we will see that as if a player is substituted under the concussion rules the other team are given an extra sub they can use at any time, so there isn't an advantage to get a fresh pair of legs on the pitch when the other team have used all their subs. It does mean in theory that each team could end up making 7 subs in a game, although i imagine the chances of that ever happening are very very slim.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-card-system-to-protect-player-welfare-works

I don't see those as enough to stop it. If you're playing today and your next game is next sunday/monday, no issue at all. If you're faking concussion because you've pulled a hammy, but used all your subs you're not gonna be playing next week anyway. If your intent is to interrupt the flow of play, give your players a break from relentless attack, the oppo having an extra sub will help.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ryan has made some good saves, saves you would expect a good keeper to make though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who is he playing for?

Arsenal on loan from Brighton - thought that was obvious. So where’s the quote from Potter saying he’s not a good keeper? I’ve only heard him say the opposite and praise his professionalism...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ryan has done alright today. Fair play to him, must've been a really difficult few months.
Some decent saves, goal wasn't his fault.

Arse still look way off the pace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here