Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30-31/1

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Can’t defend them... do you know when we last conceded a goal from a set piece? We’ve kept two clean sheets in a row, admittedly crosses were a problem but it hasn’t been as bad since Sanchez came in.

Agreed on Maupay, he has missed some really crucial big chances this season though, as did Welbeck when he was in the team. Fulham away and Leicester spring to mind. And not forgetting Trossard who couldn’t hit a barndoor with a banjo.

True - but there are plenty of other Premier League strikers who have missed big chances (the league table is Bamford, Wood, Watkins, Mane, Son, Vardy, Werner, Firmino, Calvert-Lewin, De Bruyne, Lacazette, Maupay. Wilson)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Our main man has scored 9 goals this season. It is not all down to Maupay,
The rest of the team should be chipping in, but we can't score from set pieces and can't defend them either,

Yup. 3 or 4 goals would've made a huge difference. It's not unrealistic to expect 7-8 goals from a midfielder over the season. Maupay can't score em all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve said all this before in previous quotes but get slated. Maupay is championship and until we pay next level these are the level of players we attract not good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maupay - 10 EPL goals last season, 7 already this season in 15 starts. That's a good record.

If only Trossard was tucking away the gilt edge chances, or Webster the heading chances he keeps skying into row z.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree but it’s what WE don’t do that’s the problem
Potters only sub being propper on 80 odd mins the other night was a joke
His record since he has been here is appalling especially the home form unacceptable

What we don’t do is take the chances we make. I just cannot bring myself to blame Potter for that. He doesn’t have the resources to mix up the forward line. They are all underperforming or in Welbeck and Connolly’s case getting injured as they seem to be hitting form.

As Forrest Gump said “Shit happens” ..most weeks for us this season. I see real potential, maybe I’m just a happy clapping Bobble hat wearer :shrug:

I refuse to have a meltdown about it and accept if it carries on we are going down

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just shows how mad this season is....we beat Newcastle away 2-0 we get thrashed 4-2 at Everton...Newcastle win at Everton 2-0,

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
WBA could do with a Bomber Brown right now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
True - but there are plenty of other Premier League strikers who have missed big chances (the league table is Bamford, Wood, Watkins, Mane, Son, Vardy, Werner, Firmino, Calvert-Lewin, De Bruyne, Lacazette, Maupay. Wilson)

I think the problem is a crucial miss is magnified when it’s one of those ones you look back on at 0-0 or the rest of the team don’t put away chances to bail that player out. I understand why Maupay is criticised because of that but equally, the share of goals around the team is to blame as it puts too much pressure on your striker.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I’ve said all this before in previous quotes but get slated. Maupay is championship and until we pay next level these are the level of players we attract not good enough

Yeah you do go on a bit :whistle:

No shit Sherlock, Maupay is a level below someone like Callum Wilson who we just cannot afford, fee and wages. However, he has still banged a few in at least. Having Maupay is not the problem, it's lack of goals from anyone else. No one would disagree this has been an issue for too many seasons now but the utter cockups with Locadia, Ali-J and misfortune with Izqueirdo has surely made Bloom more reticent. But now is not the time, during pandemic and massive losses, to blow out in Jan *unless you're West Ham.

We all know we have to go with what we've got now, any chance you can stop bleating about it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What we don’t do is take the chances we make. I just cannot bring myself to blame Potter for that. He doesn’t have the resources to mix up the forward line. They are all underperforming or in Welbeck and Connolly’s case getting injured as they seem to be hitting form.

As Forrest Gump said “Shit happens” ..most weeks for us this season. I see real potential, maybe I’m just a happy clapping Bobble hat wearer :shrug:

I refuse to have a meltdown about it and accept if it carries on we are going down

You are turning into a happy flappy bobble hat wearing geezer.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1-1 Bomber Bartley!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Oh look it’s 1-1. But I thought... That sort of ****s with narrative...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are turning into a happy flappy bobble hat wearing geezer.

It’s my age and years of watching us be a team of cloggers most of the time. I bloody love watching us these days.

I am going to go and put my bobble hat on right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here