Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30-31/1

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sam Allardayce managed to work out Fulham don’t like being pressurised at the back :clap2:

He’s a GENIUS.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yeah you do go on a bit :whistle:

No shit Sherlock, Maupay is a level below someone like Callum Wilson who we just cannot afford, fee and wages. However, he has still banged a few in at least. Having Maupay is not the problem, it's lack of goals from anyone else. No one would disagree this has been an issue for too many seasons now but the utter cockups with Locadia, Ali-J and misfortune with Izqueirdo has surely made Bloom more reticent. But now is not the time, during pandemic and massive losses, to blow out in Jan *unless you're West Ham.

We all know we have to go with what we've got now, any chance you can stop bleating about it?

Zzzzzzzz blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m saying we have got to go to the next level in paying wages or we will continue to end up with players like locadia , andone , Maupay AJ

Did you see our losses in the 2019/20 accounts just out?!

There was a table published this week that shows the Albion as one of the clubs sustaining the biggest net losses in their Prem history. The only clubs sustaining more are the Big 6, Villa Everton and then clubs that have sunk without trace - Sunderland, Bolton, Sheff Wed.

We have managed to get through 3 and a half seasons without selling big name players but the argument to sacrifice a Bissouma or Ben White in order to bring in a decent striker is - for me - compelling.

We will never be able to pay top half wages until we get a new revenue stream (Ikea development?) or we unearth a Kante / Vardy / Mahrez that can take the club to the next level.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ve said all this before in previous quotes but get slated. Maupay is championship and until we pay next level these are the level of players we attract not good enough

I think he’s better than that, but not quite good enough to be the number 1 striker in a PL team. Him alongside “a do the business” striker would be fine and as Thunderbolt says the others aren’t contributing enough goals. Trossard for example, has done all the hard work on loads of occasions, got into the right position then either missed or smacked it against the woodwork. Connolly has scored a couple of crackers but not the other 4 or 5 scruffy goals to supplement them. Welbeck has shown quality with that breakaway goal and finish but then been peripheral because of injuries. The midfielders just don’t seem to make those late runs into the box that get goals from that position. Our centre backs rarely head the ball downwards from corners so most that they get to fly harmlessly over.

We’re doing a lot of things right just not the most important thing.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

There was a table published this week that shows the Albion as one of the clubs sustaining the biggest net losses in their Prem history. The only clubs sustaining more are the Big 6, Villa Everton and then clubs that have sunk without trace - Sunderland, Bolton, Sheff Wed.

We have managed to get through 3 and a half seasons without selling big name players but the argument to sacrifice a Bissouma or Ben White in order to bring in a decent striker is - for me - compelling.

We will never be able to pay top half wages until we get a new revenue stream (Ikea development?) or we unearth a Kante / Vardy / Mahrez that can take the club to the next level.

Be careful.You might get labelled a Licker!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Sacrificing one of them two, who we know are top players and have fantastic futures for another potential striker flop.... no thanks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sacrificing one of them two, who we know are top players and have fantastic futures for another potential striker flop.... no thanks.

So what is your answer for being able to bring in a proven quality striker on decent wages?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Whatever happens this season I hope West Brom go down, they are an absolute shower of shit to watch.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's not actually sacrificing them though. We're not going to stand in the way of a player moving to a top four or Champions League club. Pretty sure of that.
They're both off eventually IMHO.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So what is your answer for being able to bring in a proven quality striker on decent wages?

The answer is we aren’t bringing in a big money striker until this financial crisis is over. I don’t think we should sell proven assets, to bring in a potential Joelinton or Brewster.

It's not actually sacrificing them though. We're not going to stand in the way of a player moving to a top four or Champions League club. Pretty sure of that.
They're both off eventually IMHO.

Granted, but I don’t see either of them going for big money, yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WBA doing to Fulham exactly what they did to us...so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here