Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Post Match Comments - Did he really mean that?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There seems to be be no outstanding, consistent teams in the division, we are still only four point off the top teams. So this time next week we could be top again, we will go up hopefully when we are really ready for the next flight. But who can say? How confident were Southampton at the beginning of the season.

We will get bugger all out of the next three games - if we are lucky - if we set ourselves up again the same way.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps more people might do if he did his bloody job (properly).

Football is unique in that we all think we know better than the professionals.

I don't think I am qualified to tell my doctor how to do his job just because I have a box set of Casualty, so why people claim that Poyet/Slade/Adams/Taylor/Coppell are not doing their job properly because they werevat the game is intriguing.

FWIW I take the view that it is players that make a difference, not managers. Good players cost a lot of money, we are better off financially than before, but not as well off as all our rivals.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm a little worried, we've played a lot of teams in the lower half of the table and not so many from the top, he needs to sort it out because if teams have sussed us out and we lose a few games we will struggle to score even more than we are now.

We had a full squad to pick from today but even though we struggled for 60 mins to really start to get to boro we didn't seem to have any other strategy and it was more the fervour when we didn't get decisions that seemed to wake us up rather than any tactics.

Bringing Lua Lua on didn't really do much and if anything it was then our midfield went missing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can you tell us what our budget is, and everyone elses. You seem to know its about the 8th best in the division. I'd be interested to see the whole list please.

Let's start with parachute payments

Wolves £18 million
Blackburn £18 million
Bolton £18 million
Blackpool £18 million
Birmingham £18 million
Hull £9 million
Burnley £9 million

In addition Cardiff, Leicester and Forest have overseas owners who have invested funds into the playing budget.

DavePage

We will get bugger all out of the next three games - if we are lucky - if we set ourselves up again the same way.

Let's hope we are not lucky then!!
We are not better no worse than other sides at the moment, I guess Leicester, Cardiff, Wolves, Blackburn and Blackpool were all expecting good results today.
Palace are still suffering from nose bleeds.
More concerning is that it is very similar to last season with timing, at least this year no teams are pulling away from us.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Wolves £18 million
Blackburn £18 million
Bolton £18 million
Blackpool £18 million
Birmingham £18 million
Hull £9 million
Burnley £9 million

In addition Cardiff, Leicester and Forest have overseas owners who have invested funds into the playing budget.

You said we are 8th so how much is our budget?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Football is unique in that we all think we know better than the professionals.

I don't think I am qualified to tell my doctor how to do his job just because I have a box set of Casualty, so why people claim that Poyet/Slade/Adams/Taylor/Coppell are not doing their job properly because they werevat the game is intriguing.

FWIW I take the view that it is players that make a difference, not managers. Good players cost a lot of money, we are better off financially than before, but not as well off as all our rivals.

Yeah but if your doctor kept giving you the same prescription and you were not getting better you might start wondering why?

And a good manager can take over a team of losers and get them winning from day 1, its normally when they tinker with teams things go wrong

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Wolves £18 million
Blackburn £18 million
Bolton £18 million
Blackpool £18 million
Birmingham £18 million
Hull £9 million
Burnley £9 million

Parachute payments tend to be used up paying off premiership wages and coping with revenue lost from dropping down rather than going towards buying players

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Parachute payments tend to be used up paying off premiership wages and coping with revenue lost from dropping down rather than going towards buying players

You've made the point there - premiership wages. We don't pay that, ergo we don't have prem quality players.

Anyone who thinks we are anywhere near the top wages wise is totally retarded. Our squad is half League One players FFS.

D

Deleted member 18477

Koooshack

Bruno - Greer - el abd - bridge

Bridcutt - crofts

Buckley - Vicente - lualua

CMS

.... If only we could actually use some of these f***ing sicknotes all at the same time...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Premiership wages tend to be paid to Premiership players, who are on those wages because they are better than Championship players, so I am not sure of the point you are making.

Blackburn signed Rhodes for £8 million and Leon Best for £3 million with their parachute payment. Bolton have kept the majority of their squad.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You've made the point there - premiership wages. We don't pay that, ergo we don't have prem quality players.

Anyone who thinks we are anywhere near the top wages wise is totally retarded. Our squad is half League One players FFS.
Really. Which half is league one players? And if our wages are not anywhere neat the top. Where are they. You seem to know a lot about our budget. Do tell where you get your information?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really. Which half is league one players? And if our wages are not anywhere neat the top. Where are they. You seem to know a lot about our budget. Do tell where you get your information?

I get them from the club financial statements, of which I have a copy and have sent out before, and the Deloitte Football Finance report, of which I also have a copy.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Premiership wages tend to be paid to Premiership players, who are on those wages because they are better than Championship players, so I am not sure of the point you are making.

Blackburn signed Rhodes for £8 million and Leon Best for £3 million with their parachute payment. Bolton have kept the majority of their squad.
I think the point he is making, is because a lot of teams have parachute payments, it doesn't mean it gives them spending power, which is why a lot of teams who come out of the premiership on parachute payments, spend a long time waiting to get back into it. West Ham went for shit or bust. They got lucky. If they hadn't they would probably be looking forward to a spell in the third tier, like what has happened to a lot of sides coming out of the premiership on parachute payments. Way to easy to say sides coming down from the premiership have bigger budgets. Doesn't mean they have free money to spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here