Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Post Match Comments - Did he really mean that?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Keep the faith.... not no more.

Can't keep the faith when we are a miserable........ 8th.

Maybe you should follow Man U or Chelsea? (Best not Arsenal, they are 9th).

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So anyway, take away the Mr Burns beating, I notice no one has actually made reference to Gus' comments. Fair easily to have a dig at the poster, rather than face with is staring straight at you.

So again, I'll take it are happy to lose pretty, rather than winning ugly.

As Gus said he would not be happy for us to play like Brough, Ipswich or Birmingham and get the points.

Fine. We'll be happy to be a team of losers then.

YAY GUS!! We love you Gus.

We don't care if you lose. We just love you Gus!!!

Your the best. Please don't leave us for a premiership job.....:rotlf::rotlf::rotlf:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Can be heard here

BBC Sport - Brighton 0-1 Middlesbrough

The bit I'm on about starts at around 1:40

The three teams (Ipswich, Borough, Birmingham) did nothing to win... even though two of them did, but he says if my team went away from home and done that, he would be disappointed.

Happy with the result, but not happy in the long term.

I think he's lost the plot. Surely he didnt mean that. Seems he would rather play well and attacking (bang your head against a brick wall football), not score and lose, then play ugly and win. And that's why I dont believe, (and haven't since last season) that he is a top class manager, that so many on here give him credit for.

Asked what if other teams play the same against us. We will have to deal with it. And there's the problem he can't.

We cannot play through teams that come and park the bus. That is obvious.

We cannot go over them as we have no target man.

We cannot go around them as he starts with all his wingers on the f***ing bench!

So how do we deal with it Gus??? You're the boss, f***ing sort it.

He then says if we score first/early we'll put seven past someone. Can't ague with that, its the ten games winless runs we have inbetween that bother me.

Then Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray says: "You have to prepare properly to face Brighton as they have an exceptionally good side"

Yer, prepare properly because their manager has no f***ing clue how to play against a side that does prepare properly, unless they are gifted an early goal, just as next bottom Ipswich, struggling Birmingham and now Middlesbrough have done.

I think anyone who sat through that today, and still think Poyet is our best ever manager or the man to lead us to the premiership, needs a serious reality check.

Can't argue with any of what you've said. Really can't see him being manager next season but that's my opinion.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Get a grip every one will you please we have lost against a very good team in a very tight match which could have gone either way, the style we play has and will continue to get results just not today

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Football is a game that is defined by fine margins, if we wasn't creating chances I would be much more concerned.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not after being a mighty 1st, and now being a couple of games away from a mighty 15th or 16th......... just like last season.

No sorry, I can't keep the faith.

Fair enough (it's all about opinions) but I don't think we are as bad as you think we are.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
28 posts, and still no one has said they agree with Poyet's comments.

Maybe even his loyalist followers are having trouble explaining those comments?

But hey. Bury your heads and take it out on me.

I can handle it!!! :lol:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Get a grip every one will you please we have lost against a very good team in a very tight match which could have gone either way, the style we play has and will continue to get results just not today

Absolutely, I don't see the need to pick every single performance apart. It was a game that on another day we would've won. Some perspective is needed I feel.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
This.

Fed up this evening but not going to join the couple of people's crusade to rid Poyet from our club.

Only criticism I have is Buckley should have started, but listening to Poyet he was concerned to play him 90mins due to his recent injury. You will have another chance to have a pop on Tuesday too probably as they have 100% home record.

It's a long season remember.

He only played him for 20 minutes so why not play him for the first 20? Gus knew he'd bring on Buckly sooner or later so why not start with him then bring him off?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Fair enough (it's all about opinions) but I don't think we are as bad as you think we are.
I don't think we are as bad as you think I think we are.

I think we have an excellent squad, lacking in just one or two areas.

I just don't think we have a manager capable of making the next step up.

He clearly hasn't learnt lessons from last season. How long can he live of a promotion two seasons ago.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He only played him for 20 minutes so why not play him for the first 20? Gus knew he'd bring on Buckly sooner or later so why not start with him then bring him off?
Well that would make sense with his comment..... if we score early we'll score seven past someone....... also can be heard in first post interview.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Can be heard here

BBC Sport - Brighton 0-1 Middlesbrough

The bit I'm on about starts at around 1:40

The three teams (Ipswich, Borough, Birmingham) did nothing to win... even though two of them did, but he says if my team went away from home and done that, he would be disappointed.

Happy with the result, but not happy in the long term.

I think he's lost the plot. Surely he didnt mean that. Seems he would rather play well and attacking (bang your head against a brick wall football), not score and lose, then play ugly and win. And that's why I dont believe, (and haven't since last season) that he is a top class manager, that so many on here give him credit for.

Asked what if other teams play the same against us. We will have to deal with it. And there's the problem he can't.

We cannot play through teams that come and park the bus. That is obvious.

We cannot go over them as we have no target man.

We cannot go around them as he starts with all his wingers on the f***ing bench!

So how do we deal with it Gus??? You're the boss, f***ing sort it.

He then says if we score first/early we'll put seven past someone. Can't ague with that, its the ten games winless runs we have inbetween that bother me.

Then Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray says: "You have to prepare properly to face Brighton as they have an exceptionally good side"

Yer, prepare properly because their manager has no f***ing clue how to play against a side that does prepare properly, unless they are gifted an early goal, just as next bottom Ipswich, struggling Birmingham and now Middlesbrough have done.

I think anyone who sat through that today, and still think Poyet is our best ever manager or the man to lead us to the premiership, needs a serious reality check.

We have got a good manager , but he needs to get his head out of the sand and look at the mistakes that he is making

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Given our budget, we are roughly where we should be.

How many players did we sign with fees in the last transfer window,i know it's not all about fees,but i agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here