Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Post Match Comments - Did he really mean that?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Given your history of anger management issues I think that unlikely :)
Couldn't give a shit anymore mate.

it's obvious that to some poeple on here, they would be happy with relagation, just so long as it was Gus who took us down. And before anyone slams me for that, read a few of the threads tonight......

Some people have clearly not gotten over our past, and would be happy with anything just as long as we have our new ground and are not playing at Withdean or Gillingham.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How many players did we sign with fees in the last transfer window,i know it's not all about fees,but i agree.

Crofts and Dobbie I believe. The defence looks secure, midfield a bit one dimensional, and attack lacks the killer instinct. A bit like most teams in this division.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With 20 mins to go Gus & Tanno spent two minutes looking at a notebook for inspiration...confusion reigned

This could well have been the fabled long lost notebook of a certain Mark McGhee :lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think we are as bad as you think I think we are.

I think we have an excellent squad, lacking in just one or two areas.

I just don't think we have a manager capable of making the next step up.

He clearly hasn't learnt lessons from last season. How long can he live of a promotion two seasons ago.

OK but wasn't this excellent squad built by Poyet? I am feeling pretty deflated by today's result but I think GP will tinker with this quality squad until we get it right.

Let's face it, we weren't bad today (especially in the second half) and Boro are a decent side.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
We have got a good manager , but he needs to get his head out of the sand and look at the mistakes that he is making
Agreed. But he's been making the same mistakes for over a year now.

How long do you give him to pull his head out of the sand. Is he even willing to pull his head out of the sand? Recent evidence and his comments I made a point about above...... and still no refernece to the point of the thread I might add ??????..... suggest he is not willing to pull said head out of said sand

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Support your f***ing manager.

Perhaps more people might do if he did his bloody job (properly). Today's team selection was quite frankly shockingly inept. We were at home FFS.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agreed. But he's been making the same mistakes for over a year now.

How long do you give him to pull his head out of the sand. Is he even willing to pull his head out of the sand? Recent evidence and his comments I made a point about above...... and still no refernece to the point of the thread I might add ??????..... suggest he is not willing to pull said head out of said sand

Last year he did exactly what you wanted in signing Paynter and Vokes. It made no difference.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
OK but wasn't this excellent squad built by Poyet? I am feeling pretty deflated by today's result but I think GP will tinker with this quality squad until we get it right.

Let's face it, we weren't bad today (especially in the second half) and Boro are a decent side.
Yep it is an excellent squad built by Poyet. I'm not bashing Poyet for the sake of it. I agree he has built a great squad, and that's why i am so pissed off. If I thought the squad was mid table, I'd be happy, but they have proved they are not. One their day, which is usually dictated by how the other side set up against us, they can beat anyone.

My problem is we have a manager who will not change his ways, even if it means losing games. Again, I keep going on about his comments tonight, which prompted me to start this thread. He'd be disappointed to win like Brough/Ipswich did. Fine if we beat Middlesbrough today, but extremly strange and worrying comment to make after another home defeat.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Last year he did exactly what you wanted in signing Paynter and Vokes. It made no difference.
No he didn't. He signed target men, then replaced CMS with them. Not much point having a target man with no one to play off them is it. That is why it made no difference. He just replaced CMS with Paynter or Vokes. He won't play two strikers up front together. That's not the "Gus way" He's spoken about doing it, but he hasn't.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yep it is an excellent squad built by Poyet. I'm not bashing Poyet for the sake of it. I agree he has built a great squad, and that's why i am so pissed off. If I thought the squad was mid table, I'd be happy, but they have proved they are not. One their day, which is usually dictated by how the other side set up against us, they can beat anyone.

My problem is we have a manager who will not change his ways, even if it means losing games. Again, I keep going on about his comments tonight, which prompted me to start this thread. He'd be disappointed to win like Brough/Ipswich did. Fine if we beat Middlesbrough today, but extremly strange and worrying comment to make after another home defeat.

He doesn't like losing Mr burns and is pissed. He is passionate and wants us to play a certain way and win, I wouldn't read too much into it. You could see he was not happy when quizzed on the Buckley not starting.

Anyway I off... Good night.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Can you tell us what our budget is, and everyone elses. You seem to know its about the 8th best in the division. I'd be interested to see the whole list please.

That's what I keep asking everyone who says we've got the 8th best budget but when I ask them to show me evidence then they never reply, very strange.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
He doesn't like losing Mr burns and is pissed. He is passionate and wants us to play a certain way and win, I wouldn't read too much into it. You could see he was not happy when quizzed on the Buckley not starting.

Yes I accpet he wants to play a certain way but it's not working and will never work. He should face facts and eat some humble pie and change tact, more so at home as if he carrys on being stubborn then we'll keep on sliding down the table.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That's what I keep asking everyone who says we've got the 8th best budget but when I ask them to show me evidence then they never reply, very strange.
You get a lot of that on here. People shouting you down and telling everyone you are taking rubbish. But when pushed they convently bugger off.

This thread is a perfect example. I've taken a lot of stick, but we are now on 50 plus posts, and for all everyones put downs, no one who is defending Poyet has attempted answered the question in the thread heading that made them open this thread, or even dared to comment on it.

Classic NSC apologists really.

People have got to stop living in the past, and start living in the present as far as this club is concerned. We left the past behind the day we moved into the Amex.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yes I accpet he wants to play a certain way but it's not working and will never work. He should face facts and eat some humble pie and change tact, more so at home as if he carrys on being stubborn then we'll keep on sliding down the table.
Totally agree. And that's whY I would rather things come to a head now, and if that's going to be the case, make a change before its too late.

We all want Gus to succeed. I think most of us can think that he CAN succeed. But he just seems to stubborn to change, and if he won't change, then I believe we have to seriously consider changing things. And knowing what I know of Tony Bloom, he won't have the slightest issue in changing things, if he feels its needed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

I don't like losing and I am pissed. Even those a lot of us can see whats coming with the line ups Gus puts out, its only Gus who can change it. And he won't. All the time he sticks with the system he is flogging to death, things won't change. I've no doubt the way he plays we will smash some teams into next week. i wouldn't be surprised to see us put seven pass someone like Gus suggests. But I also think we will cement ourselves as a mid table finishing side. And that's not good enough with the squad we have got.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't like losing and I am pissed. Even those a lot of us can see whats coming with the line ups Gus puts out, its only Gus who can change it. And he won't. All the time he sticks with the system he is flogging to death, things won't change. I've no doubt the way he plays we will smash some teams into next week. i wouldn't be surprised to see us put seven pass someone like Gus suggests. But I also think we will cement ourselves as a mid table finishing side. And that's not good enough with the squad we have got.

Maybe Tony Bloom will have to have a quiet word in his shell like.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have heard it and fully understood-perhaps let me put it like this,the best the very best do not sink down to lower levels and have no need too,the best always play only in the top flight,put them in a League 2 game for a season and they would never survive,i guess Gus is managing at too low a level-HONESTLY

However he needs to start somewhere-

DavePage

There seems to be be no outstanding, consistent teams in the division, we are still only four point off the top teams. So this time next week we could be top again, we will go up hopefully when we are really ready for the next flight. But who can say? How confident were Southampton at the beginning of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here