Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A physical presence? I'm sure Shanghai Shenhua have a big striker that could do a job for us. Would probably be available in January because I heard he wants to leave China, can't remember his name though.
Apparently it's between us and Juventus.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It'll be someone who's currently warming the bench somewhere in the championship. We all know this.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The more and more I think about it, I would like to see Chris Wood back.
- He would'nt cost too much. £1.5 million tops.
- He knows the system Gus plays.
- Knows the players from previous spell.
- Still only 21 and could be sold on for a decent fee if he matures into a decent striker.
- Tall striker with decent feet and more importantly...can finish!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
David McGoldrick might be worth a punt if we can't afford a bigger name. On loan at Coventry from Nottm. F. he's got 15 goals in 19 matches.

Was thinking the same yesterday. Clayton Donaldson from Brentford is another player we should look at if we're on a tight budget, but who really knows what kind of money Gus has at his disposal.

Luciano Becchio, DJ Campbell, Connor Wickham?

I think a bid for Ricardo Vaz Te would be ideal, he hasn't had a chance in the premier league for West Ham and he was absolutely sensational last season in the Championship.

All good shouts. Vaz Te or Becchio would be incredible for us.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Gus you only ever play one striker. What do you intend to do with your most expensive signing and top earner when you 'spend big' and bring in this new striker?

He needs to answer this question before I believe a word of it. He's asking publicly for what he knows he wont get so that he has an excuse if we dont make the playoffs.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We should be having a look at Stephen Gleeson or Luke Chadwick from MK Dons as well to give us a bit more in midfield. Both technical, versatile midfielders that wouldn't break the bank, but would certainly be a better option than Dicker/Sparrow/Harley etc. Gleeson would probably be the better option as he's only 24, but Chadwick is pretty free-scoring despite the fact he's reaching the end of his career. MK have a similar set-up to us, play a similar game to us and I reckon either of these two would fit into our side without a problem.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
The Clayton Donaldson rumours are giving me much amusement. Saw the guy play regularly when I was at uni in York a few years ago. Bags of pace, but pretty weak first touch and finisher (required plenty of chances). That was fine in the conference, but there is a reason why at 28 he hasn't played at a standard higher than league 1.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As we can't buy strikers for toffee TB has decided to sell CMS, WB & LB to Norwich for £10m & divide cash amongst all 22K ST holders which means £450 credit each
So, those 3 gone but we all get a free years ST watching squad leftovers
Deal or No Deal?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I have watched Donaldson a few times at Brentford and I don't think he is very good. Pace but no finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here