Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
CMS = no way. Hoskins must be a dead man walking after his finishing on Sat.

Yes finishing was woeful but no worse than the other strikers at the club and at least he was in position.
Hoskins hasn't played very much, is low on confidence and needs a goal. Then we might see what he's capable of.
I think he deserves another start tomorrow.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
FIFA have refused Drogba permission to sign a loan agreement with any club which scuppered Chelsea chances of re signing him,.

They only refused permission for him to sign for Chelsea before the January transfer window opens.

BBC Sport - Didier Drogba: Fifa blocks Chelsea move to bring back striker on loan

Fifa said in a statement: "We can confirm that the player Didier Drogba submitted a request for authorisation to be registered outside an open registration period for a club on a loan basis.

"Fifa has informed him about the relevant regulations, that players may only be registered during one of the two annual registration periods fixed by the relevant association."

So he is free to move to another club in January on loan if he wishes too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes finishing was woeful but no worse than the other strikers at the club and at least he was in position.
Hoskins hasn't played very much, is low on confidence and needs a goal. Then we might see what he's capable of.
I think he deserves another start tomorrow.

He's already p1ssed Gus off with the 'not fighting for place, prefer a loan to Sheff U' stance he took last season... dead man walking IMHO...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I just one a f'ing big, monster of a striker who's quick, lethal, skillish and of course flair.

I don't understand this obsession that the new striker has to be BIG. Are CMS, Dobbie, Barnes, Hoskins etc not taking their chances because they aren't big enough? They're getting loads of chances!

Leon Knight would have scored a hatful in this side.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand this obsession that the new striker has to be BIG. Are CMS, Dobbie, Barnes, Hoskins etc not taking their chances because they aren't big enough? They're getting loads of chances!

Leon Knight would have scored a hatful in this side.

We certainly need a striker who can head the ball. Quite a few crosses are going to waste. FFS Murray?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was Gus original plan to link Hoskins and CMS and I think that he will stick with that if not he will spend a lot of money on a surprise signing.

Can't see it myself, although I would love Hoskins to pull it out the bag, he is losing his fight to stay at the Amex.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Let's get it clear. We don't need a 'TARGET MAN'. We need a prescence but certainly not a lump.

Chris Wood has come on leaps and bounds since he was with us. It's easy to forget he's still only 21 and was around 18/19 when he was with us. I'm not saying him necessarily, but I think he is the type Gus is after. He can hold the ball but also some of his finishing this season has been brilliant.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We certainly need a striker who can head the ball. Quite a few crosses are going to waste. FFS Murray?

There's a name who hasn't been mentioned for a while!

First of all anybody seriously suggesting Champions League winning, £200,000 per week Drogba is going to form a strike force with Ashley Fritzl is utterly deluded. Secondly, of course we need a 6ft plus striker, anybody suggesting otherwise is again deluded. YES, we miss chance after chance that any height of living species could put away, but at home in particular we need the threat of a taller more physical player. Why? Because every bloody boring team that comes to the Amex stops us from playing by crowding out the midfield and forcing us out wide. Therefore we spend the entire game putting crosses into the box against big lanky, talentless footballers who hoof it away at ease unchallenged.

Thats why we need someone with physical presence. Wood, Murray, Vokes helped us in previous seasons. This is the only season where Gus has not deployed a slightly old fashioned striker and we cant hit a barn door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here