Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Keane was after a short-term deal then why come to us and not QPR? Or Sunderland? Or Newcastle?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
PS he's strong, can hold the ball up, and scores with both feet and his head. His shots and headers are like bullets.

All the articles from when he signed for Olympiacos suggest he's on £25k a week, probably out of our league. Is he playing week in week out?

Whoever asked about Nicky Maynard, he's at Cardiff out for about 6 months with an injury.

Fraizer Campbell, Becchio, Dj Campbel, struggling to name too many.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There are plenty of strikers around who are about the same level as CMS, Barnes, Dobbie, Hoskins and I suspect we could easily pay £5m for one of them. A proven goal machine (or a younger gun with obvious potential to become one) will cost a lot more than that, or demand premier league wages - and therefore favour a move to a premier league club, you'd imagine.

We talk about "the elusive goalscorer" as if it's a person you could go out and sign tomorrow but I can't think who we'd be likely to get that easily. But no doubt Gus will be slagged off when he fails to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the January window.

He should be. He's had, what, 18 months since Murray left.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is only one man to galvanise our promotion push.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
This John Guidetti from City is an interesting prospect. City have been quoted as saying they want to loan him out now that he's just recovered from illness. He banged in 20 goals in 23 appearances in 2011/12 for Feyenoord, so he'll piss this division. We also have that City connection via the Wayne Bridge deal.

Many clubs will be after him.

This!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CMS maybe?

You have to be fcuking joking. The only striker we have with any idea where the net is, and we should sell him to buy his partner!!??

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
i think he will be italian and from manchester not Balotelli :whistle:

Macheda... I've heard that rumour too. But just a rumour.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Whoever it is you would hope it is in place for the first week of jan . Piss arsing about until jan 31 st and we may have to many points to catch up. As things stand a win tomorrow is essential to stay in touch .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly! - If we do can someone in then i reckon we need to offload at least 2 players - CMS & ????

Gus doesnt inspire me with confidence in his signings TBH

Seriously... CMS... you need help!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We could be getting up to 3 strikers I imagine if CMS and/or Hoskins moves on in January.

CMS = no way. Hoskins must be a dead man walking after his finishing on Sat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty patronising quote there.
Not intended, but just pointing out I spent the first half of the year rumourising Drogba's imminent arrival.

I do/did have every intention to carry it on, but I don't seem to have the heart for it, at the moment.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I just one a f'ing big, monster of a striker who's quick, lethal, skillish and of course flair. Drogba would do if no one else is available.

Oh, and he has to have secretly always been a Brighton fan.

I'm waiting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here