Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Football isn't an exact science. A player can have a good pedigree, such as Dobbie, and it still doesn't 'click'. If it was, then every team would have exactly what they wanted and we'd still be on a level playing field, so to speak.

Of course it isn't an exact science, we all know that. However, who ever it is that Gus brings in (if he manages to that is) needs to be a regular starter, played regularly, otherwise there is no point in spending money on another bench warmer.

We all know Gus is still learning and will make mistakes and I think most of us have no problem with that. We'd prefer it though, as Albion supporters, that his next signing is not a mistake because the right player will be massively important to the club in terms of ST renewals for next season.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Laugh all you want because if we make a decent big money striker signing I'd have fainted.

I just don't understand why people think we make shit signinigs.

Hammond - Captained Championship winning team
Crofts - Not amazing but certainly not shit
Bruno - Jesus
Bridge - Incredible
Dobbie - We were all very excited
Orlandi - Amazing. Could soon be our best player IMO
Lopez - Has potential, but as yet admitedly he's been average. Very average.

What makes you believe we won't buy any strikers? Before, we needed to strengthen in other areas. We have done. Now it's clear we need a striker. So I'm sure we'll get one. Why all of the pessimism?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Glen Murray has had one more shot than CMS.
Austin has had 30 more shots than CMS.
Eagles has had 51 more shots than CMS!
Noone has had 5 shots less than CMS.

Zaha 39 shots, Buckley 24 shots :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course it isn't an exact science, we all know that. However, who ever it is that Gus brings in (if he manages to that is) needs to be a regular starter, played regularly, otherwise there is no point in spending money on another bench warmer.

We all know Gus is still learning and will make mistakes and I think most of us have no problem with that. We'd prefer it though, as Albion supporters, that his next signing is not a mistake because the right player will be massively important to the club in terms of ST renewals for next season.

That's a given. How do you find that magic formula as I'm sure every manager would like to know how it's done?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I just don't understand why people think we make shit signinigs.

Hammond - Captained Championship winning team
Crofts - Not amazing but certainly not shit
Bruno - Jesus
Bridge - Incredible
Dobbie - We were all very excited
Orlandi - Amazing. Could soon be our best player IMO
Lopez - Has potential, but as yet admitedly he's been average. Very average.

What makes you believe we won't buy any strikers? Before, we needed to strengthen in other areas. We have done. Now it's clear we need a striker. So I'm sure we'll get one. Why all of the pessimism?

Poyet hasn't signed one striker that can score consistently in his team, he let the only one that did/could go on a free!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet hasn't signed one striker that can score consistently in his team, he let the only one that did/could go on a free!

Who didn't score consistently last season and managed a paltry 7 goals not even matching Barnes or CMS.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's a given. How do you find that magic formula as I'm sure every manager would like to know how it's done?

If I knew I would be a top manager and not on here.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I imagine he would want a prem move AND he is still in the champions league with his current club....but I would LOVE the chance to sign Gary Hooper.

Don't let the scottish league fool you. He can FINISH.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly! - If we do can someone in then i reckon we need to offload at least 2 players - CMS & ????

Gus doesnt inspire me with confidence in his signings TBH

There's another thread with the great signings that Gus has signed, like Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Bridge and Bruno etc.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I imagine he would want a prem move AND he is still in the champions league with his current club....but I would LOVE the chance to sign Gary Hooper.

Don't let the scottish league fool you. He can FINISH.

That is a great shout. But alas I doubt he'd move sideways to the Championship

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Marko Pantelic is the man we need. Proved himself in the top flight in Germany and Holland and wasting away in Greece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here