Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wants To Spend Big on a Striker

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Marko Pantelic is the man we need. Proved himself in the top flight in Germany and Holland and wasting away in Greece.

PS he's strong, can hold the ball up, and scores with both feet and his head. His shots and headers are like bullets.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
is Bobby Z fit yet?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Luciano Becchio, DJ Campbell, Connor Wickham?

I think a bid for Ricardo Vaz Te would be ideal, he hasn't had a chance in the premier league for West Ham and he was absolutely sensational last season in the Championship.

Good call - they have tonnes of strikers too - what happened to maynard???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could be getting up to 3 strikers I imagine if CMS and/or Hoskins moves on in January.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Poyet hasn't signed one striker that can score consistently in his team, he let the only one that did/could go on a free!

Yes, we know that NOW. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We should have stretched to keep Murray IMO, but at the time, signing CMS more than made up for it. Turns out, he hasn't delivered, Murray has. That's possibly the one and only major thing Gus has done wrong since he's been here.

He's been shrewd where he can, and got us some top quality players, but the fact is that strikers cost money. We gambled on one, have given him enough time to prove himself and now is the right time to look to splash the cash. I have no reason to doubt that we will sign a good striker, it's the only thing we need! I can see that, Gus can see that and TB can see it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This John Guidetti from City is an interesting prospect. City have been quoted as saying they want to loan him out now that he's just recovered from illness. He banged in 20 goals in 23 appearances in 2011/12 for Feyenoord, so he'll piss this division. We also have that City connection via the Wayne Bridge deal.

Many clubs will be after him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We could be getting up to 3 strikers I imagine if CMS and/or Hoskins moves on in January.

CMS and liam Bridcutt out to Norwich and we can have Holt and Elliot Bennett the other way +3m

JOB DONE

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Get Kenny Miller in on loan until the season starts again in the states.

Is that the Kenny Miller that was at Cardiff...........you having a laugh, he was absolute shit for them at the Amex, couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How good is Clayton Donaldson?
Please no bollox about a lower division. Good managers sign class strikers from lower div clubs.

Score one in every three games, nearly 29 i think we can do better than him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Robbie Keane - are you SERIOUS?!?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Leonardo Ulloa from Almeira. Job done. Proven goalscorer in Spain. Playing in Spanish 2nd division. Argentinian 6ft 5. Sign him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here