Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Villa? Could it happen

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To put it into perspective, Gus is shorter odds to be the next Spurs manager than he is the Villa one, and Spurs sacked him prior to taking over at the Albion.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He has the opportunity to become a legend at this club, if he isn't already. Villa are a big club, but he runs the risk of mediocrity with them, as Learner has already told Rafa that there is no money to invest in the squad.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
You're right mate. They are def one of the better prem sides in that respect. Still think Gus will stay with us though :)

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
gus's odds have been slashed because the favourites to take the job have said no, martinez is staying at wigan thus taking a short priced man out the betting, benitez told randy the chairman he wants 30 million transfer kitty, thats been knocked back, bringing gus's price down again, stop being so fookin negative poyet is here to stay villa have no chance of european football this season in my opinion ashley young is outward bound, not really the dream ticket is it......

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My mate who works for the club:facepalm: and I've given him strict orders to put super glue on Gus's brand spanking shiny new chair, then lock him in his lovely shiny new office and throw the keys away:O

Now there is NO escape:lol:

So if you drive past the stadium and see Gus waving, don't forget to wave back!

Villa are exactly the type of club that worry me and are more than capable of getting the man that they want, but Gus has stated in the past that he won't leave us until the club no longer want him.

Rest easy guys n gals

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has enough faith in his own ability to expect a top job one day, I doubt money is a big issue at the moment and I imagine he is LOVING being able to mould a Championship team with a new stadium in his own image from top to bottom whilst getting the full backing of the man who entrusted him with the job in the first place. He has said he wants to stay here and he's just started to reep the benefits of his work so far.

Villa ain't that attractive to him, at the moment....I wouldn't have thought.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Skybet now have Alex McLeish as odds on favourite, according to SSN.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The club now and when Poyet leaves will be "light years" apart from the club he inherited,can the two be compared? why of course,but you need a telescopic device of Hubble like proportions to see the difference.fear not,who cares,he will go,but he is going nowhere next season.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think there is a reason why nobody wants the villa job.something going on behind the scenes for so many people to not want what looks like on paper a good job.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I think Mr Poyet realises that this (being manager of Brighton) is one of those very rare opportunities that only ever come along once every blue moon to really make an impact on a club. He has everything going for him at our club and the sky is the limit as far as potential goes. What would he get at Villa? One or two seasons of constant pressure with the threat of being sacked once they've lost a couple of games in a row. OK he might get more money in the short term but he's definitely a man with his head screwed on and one eye on the future. Mate, sleep well tonight it'll all be ok :)

Great post. Agreed.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Yes it's official, Gus is joining the Villa and taking Holroyd and Sandanza with him because my local newsagent's dog tod me so.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Ashen faced Ron Knee,the 60's boss of Neasden Athletic is now 8/1 for the Villa post.

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
I think Mr Poyet realises that this (being manager of Brighton) is one of those very rare opportunities that only ever come along once every blue moon to really make an impact on a club. He has everything going for him at our club and the sky is the limit as far as potential goes. What would he get at Villa? One or two seasons of constant pressure with the threat of being sacked once they've lost a couple of games in a row. OK he might get more money in the short term but he's definitely a man with his head screwed on and one eye on the future. Mate, sleep well tonight it'll all be ok :)

Spot on. How many PL vacanices has Gus been 'linked' with now? I make it Chelski, Villa, Wigan, Fulham, West Brom, West Ham - probably more...

He wants to build something special here, and it is such a rarity to have all the ingredients come together at just the right time to be able to achieve this. I remember at the fans forum at the start of last season, when asked a question along the lines of "where do you think the club will be in 5 years?", he answered something akin to "ees compicated, bu I want to take Brighton to Premier League if I can" (the general gist being that he has been given a challenge and he will do his utmost to accomplish it). Gus is not a quitter, he won't walk away now. There is no way he would leave the 'project' at this great club without having at least one or two cracks at getting us to the promised land!

In Gus we trust :bhasign:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's not going anywhere at this stage.

He hasn't spent £1.5 million (and counting) on new players this Summer alone, not to mention spending 18 months moulding this team and club the way he wants it just to piss off to Birmingham at the first sign of interest from Villa.

I totally go with this, he would not spend Brighton's money and f*** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here