Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What are you lot on?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't doubt Villa have people they would rather have.

My main point is how baffled I am by people on here who think he would turn down a job of that size.

He's clearly loving it at the Albion, he's busily building on the solid foundations of the squad he has put together so far, the chairman is backing him every inch of the way whilst staying out of the way, he knows even in the unliklely event of a disastous run of results he's not going to get sacked, he and his family are settled in the south, and there is an unbelievable feelgood-factor surrounding the club because of the launchpad of that magnificent stadium (which he has also had personal input into).

Add in the fact that he is young, at the embryonic stage of his managerial career, and has many many years ahead of him to make the leap to the PL wihether that be with us or someones else. I just don't see him tossing all that away, swapping it for all the pressure, uncertainty and upheavals going on at Villa Park.

Yes they are a big club, but I honestly believe that at this stage, this moment, Gus would prefer to carry on with what he's started here and see where he can take us. A move to Villa now would be a short-term knee-jerk that could easily go sour very, very quickly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sam Wallace of The Independent is a regular on Sky's Sunday Supplement and seems the archetypal broadsheet football journo, so if he specifically mentions Poyet is possible candidate fancied by Villa I'm concerned.

Sam was once involved in a nose-to-nose confrontation with Martin Samuel in front of a packed Arsenal press room after a public difference of opinion in their respective papers, and I was impressed that Sam, who is a lot smaller than Martin in almost every dimension, didn't back down.

But neither that, nor the fact that he appears on Sunday Supplement, necessarily makes him right about this. And being a broadsheet football journo certainly doesn't - and I speak from knowledge here ....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's clearly loving it at the Albion, he's busily building on the solid foundations of the squad he has put together so far, the chairman is backing him every inch of the way whilst staying out of the way, he knows even in the unliklely event of a disastous run of results he's not going to get sacked, he and his family are settled in the south, and there is an unbelievable feelgood-factor surrounding the club because of the launchpad of that magnificent stadium (which he has also had personal input into).

Add in the fact that he is young, at the embryonic stage of his managerial career, and has many many years ahead of him to make the leap to the PL wihether that be with us or someones else. I just don't see him tossing all that away, swapping it for all the pressure, uncertainty and upheavals going on at Villa Park.

Yes they are a big club, but I honestly believe that at this stage, this moment, Gus would prefer to carry on with what he's started here and see where he can take us. A move to Villa now would be a short-term knee-jerk that could easily go sour very, very quickly.

You are talking very logically and with very good sense. Unfortunately, football managers and players don't ever seem to follow the sound reasoning you've outlined, and frankly neither do many of the chairman doing the hiring.

If someone like Villa offered him a role (which as I've said I don't think they would given his lack of experience) then despite all the points you've mentioned, I think he'd find it difficult to turn down, in fact I'm with others in that he would be going.

The feelgood factor hasn't stopped our 2 top players walking out the door either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here