• Out

Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Interestingly, Watford neither played tippy tappy or hoof ball. What category style would you place them in? Whatever it is it would do for me!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure where we go with Gus. We've a strong squad (I think!) but they look all at sea and disconnected. Apart from our one wide man we play with zero pace and regardless of where we pick up the ball the opposition always have time to regroup and prepare. We don't have anything like the talent to be able to thread our way through (which we need to do as we allow teams the time to get behind the ball) yet we persist in trying to do so. I think Gus is scratching his head and completely out of ideas, looks that way to me anyway. I (reluctantly) voted "out" but when I try to consider all the obvious replacements I'm quickly changing my vote to "in". So I guess "fence" would be more appropriate for me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Interestingly, Watford neither played tippy tappy or hoof ball. What category style would you place them in? Whatever it is it would do for me!

They play good decisive passing football with TEMPO to it.as soon as we gave the ball away in the middle of the park they broke at us very quickly and always looked dangerous.

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
I don't understand why we start home games with two defensive midfielders and just one up front.

Just wondered if anyone else has an answer to that?

we didn't last night and were completely out played through the midfield.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
we didn't last night and were completely out played through the midfield.

So Crofts and Bridders playing holding midfielders isn't two defensive midfielders??? CMS up front alone, isn't playing with one up front???

You've lost me?

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
So Crofts and Bridders playing holding midfielders isn't two defensive midfielders??? CMS up front alone, isn't playing with one up front???

You've lost me?

Not sure what crofts was doing last night in fact been disappointed with his input this season, but he cetainly wasn't playing in a defensive holding midfield position.If he had been i don't think Vydra would have found it so easy to drop off the centre halfs in to the space to receive the ball with such devistating effect.

i never commented about Cms, just the fact that we lost the centre of midfield and they played around us with such ease.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
A number of things worry me.

1. If we are honest, we have had four or five poor home performances in a row, and away results have not been great either
2. Gus talks cobblers. In August we needed a target man up front, according to him. Then when he failed to sign one, he said we didn't need one. Now we need one again. He often says one thing one week and the opposite thing the next. I had a boss like that once. He was completely ineffective and his staff became demoralised. It looks like the same thing is happening here.
3. New signings have made no impact, apart maybe from Orlandi and Hammond. Why Hammond was left out for Crofts yesterday I don't know. Hammond had been playing well, and Crofts has done nothing.
4. I agree our position is not too bad, and a run of decent results will get us back in the mix. But I honestly can't see that run coming any time soon, the way we are playing. At the moment we are where we are because we made a decent start. A couple more results (and performances) like yesterday, however, and we're in the danger zone.
5. I don't care if we don't go up, but I don't want us to go down, and that is the form we are in. Yesterday was not just an isolated bad day at the office, we were just finally found out after getting away with it for a while.

Something has to change - whether tactics, players, or manager.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The most frustrating thing is that if NSC voted for the tactics and starting 11 we'd probably get a better team performance than Gus with all his tinkering. He's making eeet too complicated for the players me thinks.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Defiantly think Poyet should stay. Changing managers during a season won't get us promoted. Consistency is the key and I think he will learn.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
In. However I will review my stance come the summer, no need for knee jerk reaction now, let's see who he gets in Jan and then see where we finish at the end of the season.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Defiantly think Poyet should stay. Changing managers during a season won't get us promoted. Consistency is the key and I think he will learn.

Consistency might be the key, but the problem is that at the moment we are consistently not very good.

Fence but with regret.

I love what he did for us, I just can't see how his one dimensional approach will get us up.

CMS can f*** right off.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
in,.....watford head and shoulders above us,quicker stronger and more uptempo in everything they do

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
in,.....watford head and shoulders above us,quicker stronger and more uptempo in everything they do

I think you have summed-up what is wrong, but you voted to keep him?

When we were promoted he bleeted on about needing stronger, quicker and better players to succeed in the Championship - with the exception of Buckley, where are they? All he gets are weedy little players who cannot hack it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Big January indeed, we don't have the players or system to adapt to different teams or situations. He must buy smart and learn to adapt, we were mullered yesterday and had no response.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

On yesterday's performance NOT changing may get us relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here