• Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In.

Think his record buys him more time as we are still well in credit from when he started. Don't forget he turned it round the season before we got promoted.

This said, he got lucky with the players he inherited such as Bennett and Murray. I also think Bridcutt was a fluke signing - no one could have expected him to be as good as he's turned out to be.

Really needs to improve his transfer record to stay in credit for me. Buckley has been the only really decent signing IMHO.

Kuszczak ?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
And getting the ball to them, in a dangerous position.

Surely you'd be better off doing that with you're current players than shipping in a new lot.

Cms has proved to be pretty poor in front of goal when given the simplest chances... Your missing the point...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We are a mid table side at the very best with the players we have and this isn't going to be good enough for TB!

You know this for a fact?

So you don't believe TB when he says that its a 3 - 5 year plan, and that we are building but you have made your mind up what he is thinking because you think that because he has pumped all that money into the facilities, it turns us into a team that should be in the top flight, and rather than evolve the team, Poyet should have already put together a team of world beaters on a small-ish budget and when there is a real lack of cheap, affordable players out there to buy, especially strikers.

So do you think that Bloom's strategy relies wholly on promotion this season or have you jumped to your own (false) conclusions. Or do you want us to jeopardise this club's future chasing a dream and risk everything going wrong and we end up like a Pompey? We are finally getting ourselves back on our own feet after 14 years without a home ground, and then what, fans like you want to risk it all chasing a dream of top flight football rather than be sensible and think about our long term situation and ambitions of the club.

Have faith and back the manager and players we have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cms has proved to be pretty poor in front of goal when given the simplest chances... Your missing the point...
On I'm not, I was at the Peterborough game, I'm no blind CMS slurper.

But I think the level of blame being put on CMS is wholly out of order, when the team is being equally ineffective in front of goal, and providing chances.

According to Ferret CMS puts away 1 in 3 clear cut chances.
He played 90 minutes today and didn't have 1 single chance, so it's impossible for CMS or anyone else to score.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Anyone that tells me "Just look at what Gus has done for us" or "Remember where we came from" can f*** right off. The time is now and things need saying and sorting out within the club if we have any intention of progressing forwards.

Mmmmmm.....you are obviously a muppet.......Brighton would only ever be a bottom of the prem side....what top top players would ever want to come to the south coast to ply their trade?? Could we ever afford to pay £30k a week....let alone £100k. Brighton in Europe would only ever happen like it happened to Middlesborough....a dream that you live as best you can when it happened. Some of the people on NSC are f***ing idiots believing that this or that manager would get us to the promised land.....get real....Poyet has achieved more with TB than we have in many a year yet you are still not f***ing happy........unbelievable. Poyet has a five year plan.....five years muppet......

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Out - but I might consider a fence if we win the next three games.....convincingly.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was sat on the fence until I went to the match today and fell off due to the lack of imagination and tatics, so so fed up with probing, probing probing at 3-1 down and then Barnes comes on it was not promotion material it was just appaling

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yeah - give you Kusczak. Was thinking more of impact players I guess. We clearly needed a new goalie and I don't think it took a great footballing brain to see he was a decent keeper.

Don't think this detracts from my point though. Gus hasn't got a great signing record

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was sat on the fence until I went to the match today and fell off due to the lack of imagination and tatics, so so fed up with probing, probing probing at 3-1 down and then Barnes comes on it was not promotion material it was just appaling

Good ol Ashley. Just what we needed at that stage of the game.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
IN
We put on a poor performance today but why over react ?
We have to do this thing slowly and by degrees - promotion this year would ruin everything that Gus has tried to do which is to build up the club gradually. If we go up without the players to keep us up we'll come straight back down with even more disgruntled people baying for the manager's blood.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
IN! A big 'IN'. Incredible, but not surprising, that some are losing patience and calling for the Messiah's head.

For those that want Poyet out, why? What is it that you want? Automatic promotion to the Premier? Play-offs? As it stands, we are tenth in (my opinion) the most exciting league in the world. Had we won tonight, we would have risen to seventh with a game in hand. We are at the halfway stage. Life is actually pretty good.

Today was a bad day at the office. A blip. Poyet is on a five-year plan, in which I feel he is on schedule. Ground is expanding, training complex is being constructed. Poyet is the twelfth longest serving manager in the English leagues. I believe stability like that is key to achieving long-term success.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
IN! A big 'IN'. Incredible, but not surprising, that some are losing patience and calling for the Messiah's head.

For those that want Poyet out, why? What is it that you want? Automatic promotion to the Premier? Play-offs? As it stands, we are tenth in (my opinion) the most exciting league in the world. Had we won tonight, we would have risen to seventh with a game in hand. We are at the halfway stage. Life is actually pretty good.

Today was a bad day at the office. A blip. Poyet is on a five-year plan, in which I feel he is on schedule. Ground is expanding, training complex is being constructed. Poyet is the twelfth longest serving manager in the English leagues. I believe stability like that is key to achieving long-term success.

Three wins in 17 and only 4 from 13 at home isn't stability, its shite.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
IN
We put on a poor performance today but why over react ?
We have to do this thing slowly and by degrees - promotion this year would ruin everything that Gus has tried to do which is to build up the club gradually. If we go up without the players to keep us up we'll come straight back down with even more disgruntled people baying for the manager's blood.

But we will be £50m at least better off. I doubt Mr Bloom has your attitude.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's getting worse with every game, how can people not see this. He has lost the dressing room, that's clear to see and when that's gone there is only ever one result.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's getting worse with every game, how can people not see this. He has lost the dressing room, that's clear to see and when that's gone there is only ever one result.

I agree the question has to be asked

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
In.

I agree there is a lot wrong and has been for some time.

However, we won't go down (our form is poor at present but we will improve) and I really can't see the sense in gambling on bringing in another manager who will not have had time to line up any transfer targets now, meaning any we do sign will be at overinflated prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here