Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In.

I agree there is a lot wrong and has been for some time.

However, we won't go down (our form is poor at present but we will improve) and I really can't see the sense in gambling on bringing in another manager who will not have had time to line up any transfer targets now, meaning any we do sign will be at overinflated prices.

Can I just ask, on what basis do you think it will improve??? When we were top after 7 games and are now nearer to the bottom four, than the top 2. Performances are getting worse and worse and players looking like they can't be bothered???....I'm just curious on what grounds you think Poyet will turn this around??? When it's he who created the problem in the first place.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Out - Poyet has done very well for us but has clearly taken us as far as he can. He has signed some great players. However, he has not been able to improve us as a team for at least the last 12 months. He seems unable to get the players to either do what he wants or they don't really understand what he wants. We need to change and he will not change, we see it time and time again, therefore we need a change of manager. Sorry Gus thanks but cheerio.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tonight is a classic example of everything that is wrong with NSC. People who were anti Poyet gloating about how they were right all along. Reactionary rubbish from some fans who think we have a divine right to be in the top 6.

The reality is that we were undone by the best side I have seen this season. They were well organised and impressive on the break. Vydra who got two goals is a Czech international who they wouldn't be able to afford if it wasn't for the fact they are owned by the same people as own Udinese (the same goes for a number of their players). Watford have won 6-1 at Leeds and 4-1 at Sheffield Wednesday and at home to Barnsley in their last 8 games so are obviously in great form.

Hopefully we can get a decent result at Ipswich, if nothing else to shut up the moaners, and then look forward to the Newcastle game next weekend.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
IN! A big 'IN'. Incredible, but not surprising, that some are losing patience and calling for the Messiah's head.

For those that want Poyet out, why? What is it that you want? Automatic promotion to the Premier? Play-offs? As it stands, we are tenth in (my opinion) the most exciting league in the world. Had we won tonight, we would have risen to seventh with a game in hand. We are at the halfway stage. Life is actually pretty good.

Today was a bad day at the office. A blip. Poyet is on a five-year plan, in which I feel he is on schedule. Ground is expanding, training complex is being constructed. Poyet is the twelfth longest serving manager in the English leagues. I believe stability like that is key to achieving long-term success.

Totally Agreed. A 3-1 win in our favour would have put us 6th with a game in hand.....why the rush to the promised land? Last year we played Reading off the park and lost 1-0....now look at Reading in the Prem...not up to it by a long way. Do we really want to go up when we are not ready and lose every week? Nothing wrong with a 5 yer plan and the stability of a Manager who is learning along the way. He is a great Manager with a great philosophy - not the finished article- and i have no problem with him continuing to learn at BHA. I have supported the Albion since 1967 and this is the happiest i have been watching them play in all that time, and in our beautiful new stadium. We are 10th in the league with a game in hand FFS and with some good buys in January will be in the top 6 at the end of the season. Disappointing today but Watford were a good side and we had a bad day at the office thats all........Keep the faith.
The Gus Bus is fine and i cant think of anyone better to be driving it!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Losing my patience with the same old no plan b bollocks.

Yeah - the idea that there is no plan b that originated on NSC, (more than likely by those who never go to games) is complete bollocks.

I can't believe that this is even being asked and that there are actually people voting out - unbelievable but a typical NSC knee jerk reaction of late

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Yeah - the idea that there is no plan b that originated on NSC, (more than likely by those who never go to games) is complete bollocks.

I can't believe that this is even being asked and that there are actually people voting out - unbelievable but a typical NSC knee jerk reaction of late

Can you explain the plan b then?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Do we have a plan b then? was it used tonight?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can you explain the plan b then?

So have you always have failed to notice any things like changes of formation, tactics, etc during a match or just since the rumour started on here about Gus a few months ago?

What was our formation when we started and when we finished? Did we swap like for like players during our substitutions or did we try to chase the game when we brought on 4 forwards? (Watford went very defensive because they could afford to with a 2 goal lead and look to counter) Just how easy do you think it is to try to break down a side with most of their men behind the ball because they didn't have to commit many forward on a counter, or do you think that another manager would find it easy and its only Gus that can't break sides like this down?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do we have a plan b then? was it used tonight?

Did we change things in trying to get something out of the game - yes, didn't you notice we had 4 (FOUR) forwards on when chasing the game towards the end of the match?

Or do you have a completely different interpretation of what plan b means?

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Definitely in, can't believe people are so pessimistic. Yes we were shit today but I'd like the same manager for a few seasons rather than the Chelsea gun-ho style.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
So have you always have failed to notice any things like changes of formation, tactics, etc during a match or just since the rumour started on here about Gus a few months ago?

What was our formation when we started and when we finished? Did we swap like for like players during our substitutions or did we try to chase the game when we brought on 4 forwards? (Watford went very defensive because they could afford to with a 2 goal lead and look to counter) Just how easy do you think it is to try to break down a side with most of their men behind the ball because they didn't have to commit many forward on a counter, or do you think that another manager would find it easy and its only Gus that can't break sides like this down?

I was curious to see what you thought plan B was.

Gus only tweaks the basic strategy, taking midfielders off and playing the forwards replacing them in the same positions as the midfielders is not much of a plan b.

The build up play remains the same.

I'm happy if you think otherwise just interested to see where you think the strategy changes radically.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Tonight is a classic example of everything that is wrong with NSC. People who were anti Poyet gloating about how they were right all along. Reactionary rubbish from some fans who think we have a divine right to be in the top 6.

The reality is that we were undone by the best side I have seen this season. They were well organised and impressive on the break. Vydra who got two goals is a Czech international who they wouldn't be able to afford if it wasn't for the fact they are owned by the same people as own Udinese (the same goes for a number of their players). Watford have won 6-1 at Leeds and 4-1 at Sheffield Wednesday and at home to Barnsley in their last 8 games so are obviously in great form.

Hopefully we can get a decent result at Ipswich, if nothing else to shut up the moaners, and then look forward to the Newcastle game next weekend.

:clap2:
Thank you for being LOGICAL

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You know this for a fact?

So you don't believe TB when he says that its a 3 - 5 year plan, and that we are building but you have made your mind up what he is thinking because you think that because he has pumped all that money into the facilities, it turns us into a team that should be in the top flight, and rather than evolve the team, Poyet should have already put together a team of world beaters on a small-ish budget and when there is a real lack of cheap, affordable players out there to buy, especially strikers.

So do you think that Bloom's strategy relies wholly on promotion this season or have you jumped to your own (false) conclusions. Or do you want us to jeopardise this club's future chasing a dream and risk everything going wrong and we end up like a Pompey? We are finally getting ourselves back on our own feet after 14 years without a home ground, and then what, fans like you want to risk it all chasing a dream of top flight football rather than be sensible and think about our long term situation and ambitions of the club.

Have faith and back the manager and players we have.

No, I do not know for a fact that TB will not accept the current situation for much longer, But I'm pretty sure that our current brand of football must be pissing him off. I'm not particularly that bothered about reaching "the promised land" either. I'm just fed up with watching our style of boring, dour, tippy tappy football that's being played at 1 mph without any fear of getting me on the edge of my seat. I don't want us winning 5-4 every week either. The balance is missing and the players surely know this. My message for Gus would be, get busy changing or get out.

If you disagree then that's your prerogative, This is my opinion and seems to be being shared by many others by the looks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here