• Out

Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Indeed there are many facets to a strikers game, and all but being prepared to work hard running are missing from CMS'. I would much rather see Hoskins play than CMS, when he came on he did more than CMS did all night.
There we do agree,.. for a moment I thought you were going to say Barnes

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm still with Gus, just. I did think that Watford gave him a football lesson. They were the best football team at the Amex this season.
January will really show if all is well. How we play and whether he can find that forward and midfield creator that will see us realistically challenge for the playoffs is how I will judge.

My real concern yesterday was in the second half when every time Gus turned to the crowd he was no longer his animated self. There was a look in his eyes that I have seen before in Mark McGhee and Micky Adams when they both lost the plot. As he said in his post match interview "I was not expecting that". It showed Gus. It showed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fence.

Don't want Poyet sacked, but do want him to show evidence he is developing and learning as a manager. My one major concern is that he shows signs of stubborness which will just see him become more and more entrenched in his current approach.

Wouldn't be exactly gutted if he left.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
What people also seem to want forget is that we hadn't played a competitive match for 11 days which is a very long time in the middle of the season where you should be expecting to play every four or five days or so.
It's not the player's fault that Southern Rail didn't put on trains on Boxing Day so we had to rearrange the Millwall match, nor is it their fault that the Blackburn match was rained off. They were a bit "rusty" is all - come New Year's Day we will be better and fitter

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
what? Gus has the experience of turning it around as last season shows ? we won 3 games out of 16 towards the end of last season.

It depends what stats you want to use to prove a point. We climbed from 16th to a final position of 10th which was our highest position for 19 years. We also went 20 games unbeaten starting with beating Southampton the very next game 3-0.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very much in, he's doing an absolutely wonderful job!

f*** off Palace troll. This thread isn't for you. I'll let you know when your expert opinion is needed but it may be some time before we have a thread about fingering your sister so don't hold your breath. Ta.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
As I have said on another thread I think we should give everyone a 442 sign in the East stand for the next league match.
Perhaps thicky Poyet will get the message?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Still in for me. I really don't think changing managers at this stage would benefit the club, much rather see the long term plan given a chance. Having said that, Gus and Tanno need to start learning very quickly if we are to progress. Yesterday should act as a huge wake up call to them both.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
In definitely
although myself and the Mrs have a bet he will go before the new year I have lost my money it seems I had the feeling he might walk
now he has not gone get the feck on with it and shape this lot up or ship them out
we need some passion on the pitch
they are out there so go and get them

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As I have said on another thread I think we should give everyone a 442 sign in the East stand for the next league match.
Perhaps thicky Poyet will get the message?

He'd think it was advertising for a football magazine, designed to raise more funds for another midget midfielder.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Blatantly in.
However the football world is a changing and keeping a manager more then a couple seasons now is not the norm.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As always, the moaners are the loudest as they try to shout down the silent majority. The fact is, even given some knee jerk reactions to the game last night and that NSC is likely to have more moaners than average (as they are attracted to messageboards), more people want Gus in than out. However many times you moan and slag off Gus, this is a fact.

It seems to me every time someone posts a positive comment, you just question it over and over again. You don't rate Gus, fine that is your prerogative. I am not going to go into detail about everything he has done for the club as no doubt you will come back with some rubbish like any manager would have got us this far. However, it does get really boring after a while.

The problem with this forum is every defeat is the end of the world and should lead to the manager being sacked. Yesterday wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as people are saying. We weren't terrible, Watford were very good and look good odds for at least a play off place but don't let that get in the way of your irrational slagging off of Gus.

Brilliant post.

For those saying we have been shit for 10 months or a year or whatever - you weren't saying that at the beginning of the season !!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No but I do expect motivated, 'up for it players' and common sense tactics and team selections, none of which are present right now.

I agree.

On yesterday's game certainly, there seemed to be no motivation to get at them rather than try to dazzle them or send them to sleep with our amazing possession football. They on the other hand went from their penalty area to ours with two or three quick ACCURATE passes.
There was one break from us that started 2 on 2 and within seconds our 2 were facing 7. How is that?

We do have a plan B and have used it in two successive home games. Wait until 2 goals adrift and sub 3 forwards on.

I was 100% pro Gus a but have to admit lately I am having some doubts.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
52% in is still quite good and I imagine most of those on the fence will ultimately say "in" as they obviously can't bring themselves to say "out". Poyet is still secure.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If he can change and adapt the way we play to the players we have and he SIGNED then more than happy for him to stay.

If he stays pig headed then he can do one.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
52% in is still quite good and I imagine most of those on the fence will ultimately say "in" as they obviously can't bring themselves to say "out". Poyet is still secure.

Hardly a resounding vote of confidence from the fans & must be Poyet's lowest rating of any poll since he joined us.
Lose at Ipswich - & less than 50% will be in favour.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In.

I have no reason to doubt his ability.

We are struggling at the moment and are unable to invest in the players we need.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
In.

I have no reason to doubt his ability.

We are struggling at the moment and are unable to invest in the players we need.

The inability to play the players he has in a system that gets the best out of them?

The inability to sign the right players to play in his system?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Only 27% want him out, that isn't so bad, it has to be at least 75% before Bloom even considers it I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here