Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
whios made idle threats all i said most of you wouldnt call people thick if you
were sitting next to them so why do it here
bit of a keyboard warrior about it all
and what flimsy saying brighton are capable of being a mid table prem team
please tell me

Oh, if you were beside me in the pub and you said what you'd said, initially I'd laugh and assume you were squiffy. Then if you repeated and back it up with the statements you have, I'd find you incredulous, and probably give you the 'mongy' face. And then laugh some more, principally because I still wouldn't think you were being serious. Then if you accused me of being the pub equivalent of a keyboard warrior, I'd walk away from because I'd assume you were thick and/or revving up for a fight.

Anyway, I'm not accusing you of being flimsy on the back of Brighton being a mid-table Premiership team, though we are a LONG LONG way from that right now - there's always a remote possibility of that happening. I'm saying that it's a flimsy argument to assume Chelsea are going to implode just because you think that they might.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
f*** me me and you cal me thick i would say 10 is mid table
which i think brighton could manage what school did you go to

You didn't say 'mid table' though did you. You said 'lower prem'.

For the majority of the period covered by those stats, the top division had 22 teams. 10th would be in the upper half of the table.

I went to a pretty decent school thanks. English was clearly well down the list of priorities at yours however.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Oh, if you were beside me in the pub and you said what you'd said, initially I'd laugh and assume you were squiffy. Then if you repeated and back it up with the statements you have, I'd find you incredulous, and probably give you the 'mongy' face. And then laugh some more, principally because I still wouldn't think you were being serious. Then if you accused me of being the pub equivalent of a keyboard warrior, I'd walk away from because I'd assume you were thick and/or revving up for a fight.

Anyway, I'm not accusing you of being flimsy on the back of Brighton being a mid-table Premiership team, though we are a LONG LONG way from that right now - there's always a remote possibility of that happening. I'm saying that it's a flimsy argument to assume Chelsea are going to implode just because you think that they might.

pull a mongy face how adult of you
i never said chelsea wil implode but what does happen when he wants his money he is not a jack walker will they find the 750 mil they owe him ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is the Binnest of all Fests

So I take it Gus was given a good reception?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You didn't say 'mid table' though did you. You said 'lower prem'.

For the majority of the period covered by those stats, the top division had 22 teams. 10th would be in the upper half of the table.

I went to a pretty decent school thanks. English was clearly well down the list of priorities at yours however.

even 22 tenth is stil mid table as you know
so tell me do you never see brighton a a mid table prem side
and as i said blackburn won it not so long ago i would say we could defoo be on par with them or do you not agree again

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a great thread. Well done macky for your perseverance in the face of overwhelming disagreement.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
even 22 tenth is stil mid table as you know
so tell me do you never see brighton a a mid table prem side
and as i said blackburn won it not so long ago i would say we could defoo be on par with them or do you not agree again

But you said 'lower prem'

Anyway - I DO see us as having the potential to be a mid table Premier League side. To suggest that we could be as big as Chelsea though, is completely delusional.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is the funniest thing on here for ages. A dreamer with his head in the clouds makes a ludicrous suggestion and then finds himself unable to comprehend the insanity of what he has said. The truth is, had the sheiks invested in us and not Man City then maybe, just maybe, in a few years we could have been competing on a level playing field with the likes of Chelsea. But that isn't real life.

Chelsea, even in their darkest days, were still a better proposition to any serious investor than Brighton. They have a stadium that holds twice as many as Falmer and we still would be 10k short if we fill in the corners and put another tier on. Abramovich is never going to ask for his money back. The value is in the brand and so he would not destroy that. He would merely seek a buyer to recoup as much as poss. He is, afterall, a business man.

We have to face facts and that is we will, without some exceptional financial intervention, be bigger than Chelsea, either in fanbase, history, potential. We struggle to attract a decent crowd from our own area. Chelsea are competing wth the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool for global fans.

Macky, just grow up.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
What a great thread. Well done macky for your perseverance in the face of overwhelming disagreement.

wel everyone is entitled to to their own opinion without being ridiculed
i knew they would all gang up lie a group of bullies
in my opening post i said it sounds silly
but chelsea were not a lot bigger than us fan wise before harding
and they still owe near on a billion while we are debt free
like i said if i had chelsea would be where they are now 20 years ago i would have been called stupid then as well

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Which other long-standing member of the Albion board has a nephew with millions of pounds sloshing around in a shoebox under the floorboards?

who says it has to be some already at the club
the ground would have been built then the sponsers would have followed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
wel everyone is entitled to to their own opinion without being ridiculed
i knew they would all gang up lie a group of bullies
in my opening post i said it sounds silly
but chelsea were not a lot bigger than us fan wise before harding
and they still owe near on a billion while we are debt free
like i said if i had chelsea would be where they are now 20 years ago i would have been called stupid then as well

Wrong. Everyone is entitled to have their opinions but everyone else is entitled to ridicule them. Just ask David Icke!

For future reference, the secret is keep stupid ideas to yourself rather than air them on a forum.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
who says it has to be some already at the club
the ground would have been built then the sponsers would have followed

The ground wouldn't have been built because there was no money to build it or had you missed that part of our illustrious history!

I saw Albion stuffed 4-0 at home by Darlington...DARLINGTON

But Darlington are MASSIVE.

Just look at their stadium.

Darlington--The-Darlington-Arena-General_1068350.jpg

macky

Dec 28, 2004
This is the funniest thing on here for ages. A dreamer with his head in the clouds makes a ludicrous suggestion and then finds himself unable to comprehend the insanity of what he has said. The truth is, had the sheiks invested in us and not Man City then maybe, just maybe, in a few years we could have been competing on a level playing field with the likes of Chelsea. But that isn't real life.

Chelsea, even in their darkest days, were still a better proposition to any serious investor than Brighton. They have a stadium that holds twice as many as Falmer and we still would be 10k short if we fill in the corners and put another tier on. Abramovich is never going to ask for his money back. The value is in the brand and so he would not destroy that. He would merely seek a buyer to recoup as much as poss. He is, afterall, a business man.

We have to face facts and that is we will, without some exceptional financial intervention, be bigger than Chelsea, either in fanbase, history, potential. We struggle to attract a decent crowd from our own area. Chelsea are competing wth the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool for global fans.

Macky, just grow up.

whos to say that once we get to the prem one wouldnt come along
like i said if some one came and gave us a billion i would hope to think we could compete with anyone
good on chelsea and i hope they keep going
but i dontthink there are many people around with over a billion top invest in a football club if he does ever want his money back
like i said if and in any case because he is a business man
he wants to moveaway from stamford bridge in which case there would no longer be a chelsea the

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here