Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at chelsea

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Chelsea aren't a 'giant of a club' they've get 35k at home ffs. We used to sometimes get close to that back in the day. Man U get 75k now that is a 'giant of a club' and if Chelsea had Old Trafford they'd struggle to get 40.

In terms of BHA, some people have got such an inferiority complex about our club and it's potential it makes me wonder why they bother supporting the mighty stripes at all. In the top flight and in a 35k capacity Falmer, with the funds they've had thrown at them we'd give Chelsea a bloody good fun for their money.

thank you thank you
which exactly what i have been trying to say

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think most clubs would give Chelsea a run for their money if someone gave them a billion, but it isn't going to happen.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
well not if or buts i truly think that brighton could be a mid table prem club
in a few years then hopefully it would be onwards and i know we would never be as big as the real big four but i think we could be in the chasing pack just as chelsea were any fan would feel the same i think
i see no reason why we couldnt fill the ground once we are in the prem
our sponser are already on par american samsung both very very large companies

In that short post you've managed 2 - I think's, 1 - I truly think and 1 hopefully but your not talking in if's, but's & maybe's?

All I can say is Mackyworld must be a wonderful place to be.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
thank you thank you
which exactly what i have been trying to say

perhaps you should put an ad in the wanted column of the Argus 'Billionaire required to throw away most of your hard earned on provincial football club with no history of success'. Then watch the cash roll in.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Now what was that Chris Cattlin quote about BHA having the potential to be one of the nine biggest clubs in the country? I guess that'll be Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Leeds, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa and us then.

:)

Does anyone actually remember that quote/can paste it on here?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
perhaps you should put an ad in the wanted column of the Argus 'Billionaire required to throw away most of your hard earned on provincial football club with no history of success'. Then watch the cash roll in.

do you think bloom feels hes throwing hes money away

macky

Dec 28, 2004
In that short post you've managed 2 - I think's, 1 - I truly think and 1 hopefully but your not talking in if's, but's & maybe's?

All I can say is Mackyworld must be a wonderful place to be.

if and buts because no one know just as you and the others dont know we wont you dont think a lot of the club yoyu make out to support do you

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Now what was that Chris Cattlin quote about BHA having the potential to be one of the nine biggest clubs in the country? I guess that'll be Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Newcastle, Leeds, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa and us then.

:)

Does anyone actually remember that quote/can paste it on here?

chris cattlin one of our best mangers i bet no one called him stupid saying that

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
if and buts because no one know just as you and the others dont know we wont you dont think a lot of the club yoyu make out to support do you

Can you try that one again in some kind of language I might understand please?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There is some right f***ing nonsense posted on here these days.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
i said you dont rate the club you make out to support do you

I do rate them but I also like to be realistic about the clubs potential, Getting to the premier league and spending a few seasons there is realistic but emulating clubs like Chelsea is a bit beyond our capabilities.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
the way i think i have been answered here im beginning to think i have posted on a chelsea forum ?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I do rate them but I also like to be realistic about the clubs potential, Getting to the premier league and spending a few seasons there is realistic but emulating clubs like Chelsea is a bit beyond our capabilities.

i hope tony bloom has more ambition than you
thats all i can say without the money chelsea wouldnt be anywhere near where they are their postion is a false one
fact with out there russians money i feel that we could be up near them
one day soon maybe its a bit of a dream who knows
but i would rather look up to the heavens than down in the gutter
like a lot on here do dont they know that if they look to the gutter all they wil see is shit

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This has actually managed to tempt me out of lurking as I think I agree with Macky! What he is saying is that Chelsea are a much smaller club in terms of support than most of you think.

Chelsea are a bandwagon club in a very similar way to the Albion. When they are doing well they do very well but the bottom end of the crowds is very small indeed. I have been to a game in the old Div 1 where they played Southampton and got just over 6,000.

Chelsea are way, way smaller than Spurs or Arsenal for example in terms of core support. That does not mean they cannot get big crowds or win things. Clearly they are bigger than the Albion today and may always be. But if Brighton had Chelsea's success over the last 10 years do you not think they could not fill a 40,000 stadium? Anyone over about 35 will know it is possible. I have been in a 35,000 crowd when we played Derby in the 70's. A time of post war low crowds.

The support would only come when we were successful as will Chelsea's, but it will come, if the game is big enough. Neither club has the core fanatical support of a truly big club but they are pretty big clubs in their own right, in a major population centre. Sussex has a population of over 1.25m and only one league football club...

good post. this is what the other guy is trying to say (i think!). chelsea are a product of their time. their rise (including well before abramovich turned up) coincides with a period of incredible financial growth in the south east, centered on london. right place right time. they attracted city boys AND the newly wealthy workers.

but historically they have been a club with a mixed history - some big times and some small times.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
good post. this is what the other guy is trying to say (i think!). chelsea are a product of their time. their rise (including well before abramovich turned up) coincides with a period of incredible financial growth in the south east, centered on london. right place right time. they attracted city boys AND the newly wealthy workers.

but historically they have been a club with a mixed history - some big times and some small times.

which is what i was trying trying to say if it happened to them then it can happen to any team thing is some people on here just wantto jump on
before they think after seeing what they write about the players mangers board etc i wander if they are fans at all
i bet they are all sitting there now eating their prawn sarnies for supper

macky

Dec 28, 2004
anyway if you dont have a dream how are you going to make that dream come true

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i hope tony bloom has more ambition than you
thats all i can say without the money chelsea wouldnt be anywhere near where they are their postion is a false one

You keep saying this but, as has been pointed out many times, it's just not true.

The league positions in the four years before Abramovitch's money came in were 3rd, 5th, 6th and 6th - they also won the League Cup, FA Cup and the Cup Winners Cup in that period. OK, they didn't win the league but they were a long way from a mid-table team.

They were, as someone pointed out earlier, an Aston Villa, Tottenham or an Everton, rather than a Blackpool or Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here