Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at chelsea

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Wrong. Everyone is entitled to have their opinions but everyone else is entitled to ridicule them. Just ask David Icke!

For future reference, the secret is keep stupid ideas to yourself rather than air them on a forum.

i wil do what i like with them people like you certainly wont stop me

macky

Dec 28, 2004
They had 13 years do so since Archer got turfed out to come forward. How many other people of Bloom's wealth, standing and fandom actually did that?

we have been homeless not a very good invetsment
bit different once the ground got to go ahead
pperhaps thats why bloom waited til he did

macky

Dec 28, 2004
This is the funniest thing on here for ages. A dreamer with his head in the clouds makes a ludicrous suggestion and then finds himself unable to comprehend the insanity of what he has said. The truth is, had the sheiks invested in us and not Man City then maybe, just maybe, in a few years we could have been competing on a level playing field with the likes of Chelsea. But that isn't real life.

Chelsea, even in their darkest days, were still a better proposition to any serious investor than Brighton. They have a stadium that holds twice as many as Falmer and we still would be 10k short if we fill in the corners and put another tier on. Abramovich is never going to ask for his money back. The value is in the brand and so he would not destroy that. He would merely seek a buyer to recoup as much as poss. He is, afterall, a business man.

We have to face facts and that is we will, without some exceptional financial intervention, be bigger than Chelsea, either in fanbase, history, potential. We struggle to attract a decent crowd from our own area. Chelsea are competing wth the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool for global fans.

Macky, just grow up.

i would call a average of 25000 plus in the old 2nd good gates
not forgetting that chelsea were getting the same in the old 1st
so its you whos talking shit

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Apart from the near £100m we owe Tony Bloom you mean?

sorry my bad i did mean to say apart from that
but its a drop in the ocean compard to chelseas 750 mill
and we havea brand new ground to show for it
not a aging team with next to no sale on value
the way you lot are going on at me im starting to think you are all chelsea supporters

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You can never judge things properly as chelsea have nearly always been in the top flight,but they certainly have struggled for crowds many times.

England historical attendance and performance

If chelsea spend many many years in the 2nd tier then i would suspect the crowds would be barely half what they have now.

But yes they are far bigger:lolol:

how many times i never said they werrent bigger

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
the way you lot are going on at me im starting to think you are all chelsea supporters

It's more a case of being realists where as you've spent all day talking If's, But's, and maybe's.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I agree with you.

You could tell the quality of their credentials by their deafening silence and their ubiquitous absence.

well that shows how stupid you are
i dont kow if there was or not
but i do know that if there was they nor the club would be shouting about it

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You honestly believe that there was someone prepared to wade in with over £100m to spunk on an absolute car crash of a Third Division football club - with NO HOPE of seeing a return on that? If someone else had come in and signed the deal, the club would be shouting it from the highest rooftops.

Tony Bloom did it because he is a fan, and he knows he is not going to see (all of) that money again. If someone else had invested, we'd have same situation as at Chelsea - looking over our shoulder hoping that this main man doesn't pull the plug because he is bored of his plaything, or that he has finished laundering his roubles somewhere 'respectable'.

And you call me stupid? :facepalm:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
It's more a case of being realists where as you've spent all day talking If's, But's, and maybe's.

well not if or buts i truly think that brighton could be a mid table prem club
in a few years then hopefully it would be onwards and i know we would never be as big as the real big four but i think we could be in the chasing pack just as chelsea were any fan would feel the same i think
i see no reason why we couldnt fill the ground once we are in the prem
our sponser are already on par american samsung both very very large companies

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You honestly believe that there was someone prepared to wade in with over £100m to spunk on an absolute car crash of a Third Division football club - with NO HOPE of seeing a return on that? If someone else had come in and signed the deal, the club would be shouting it from the highest rooftops.

Tony Bloom did it because he is a fan, and he knows he is not going to see (all of) that money again. If someone else had invested, we'd have same situation as at Chelsea - looking over our shoulder hoping that this main man doesn't pull the plug because he is bored of his plaything, or that he has finished laundering his roubles somewhere 'respectable'.

but surely chelsea arent worried they a giant of a club
f*** me you have just said what i have been trying to say all f***ing day

macky

Dec 28, 2004

which is maybe why they went with blooms money
i do think there was others sniffing around maybe not willing to go as far as bloom

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Apart from the fact you have zero evidence to support any of your assertions you may have a point.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
but surely chelsea arent worried they a giant of a club
f*** me you have just said what i have been trying to say all f***ing day

Chelsea aren't a 'giant of a club' they've get 35k at home ffs. We used to sometimes get close to that back in the day. Man U get 75k now that is a 'giant of a club' and if Chelsea had Old Trafford they'd struggle to get 40.

In terms of BHA, some people have got such an inferiority complex about our club and it's potential it makes me wonder why they bother supporting the mighty stripes at all. In the top flight and in a 35k capacity Falmer, with the funds they've had thrown at them we'd give Chelsea a bloody good run for their money.

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Apart from the fact you have zero evidence to support any of your assertions you may have a point.

wel lwho knows maybe i do have the evidence
but one things for sure if i have i wont be showing it on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here