Poyet at chelsea

macky

Dec 28, 2004
how much do chelsea owe the russian
what happens when he wants it back ?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Have you been taking any medication lately? :ohmy:

not really they owe the russain over 700 mil which he can call it with 18 monthes notice be intersting to see where we would be if some one lent us a billion
like i said before the money went there they were a yo yo club fact

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
not really they owe the russain over 700 mil which he can call it with 18 monthes notice be intersting to see where we would be if some one lent us a billion
like i said before the money went there they were a yo yo club fact

If someone pumped a billion into the Albion we would undoubtedly be a very good team but we still wouldn't be a BIG club, atleast not until we had achieved something anyway.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If someone pumped a billion into the Albion we would undoubtedly be a very good team but we still wouldn't be a BIG club, atleast not until we had achieved something anyway.

wel with a bil i would hope we would win something

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I saw an article the other day saying that the average attendance at Stamford Bridge has increased by 1,600 or so since Roman took over. Not really sure that's a relevant stat though as the capacity of the ground must be more of an overiding factor.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Why would he want to regress? Seriously?
Make it Fulham or Birmingham then. The point is that the so called Big 4 do not hire managers from people who do well at Brighton - if they do not come from abroad then they come from managers who have over achieved with smaller Premier League clubs such as Hodgson, O'Neill etc.

As for this 30 years nonsense, if Poyet is still here in 30 years then either Bloom has kidnapped his family or he hasn't improved enough to get a job elsewhere a la Dario Gradi. Falmer will greatly enhance the standing of this club but to suggest that if he is successful then he won't leave seems far fetched to me. Even if he gets us to the Premier League in 3 years, we aren't going to be suddenly a massive club. It might cut out the need for him to go to a middling Premier League club but not much else beyond that as if a big club came calling then bye bye Gus.

If Gus stays here 2-3 years and then moves to a lower Premier League club, that will mean we are firmly established as a challenging Championship club which is about the best you can realistically hope for in that time frame. That is why I suggested the scenario would be best for both parties. I would like him to do the best job here that he can and then go on to success at a club he is already adored at. I just don't think that will happen without at least one change of club.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Make it Fulham or Birmingham then. The point is that the so called Big 4 do not hire managers from people who do well at Brighton - if they do not come from abroad then they come from managers who have over achieved with smaller Premier League clubs such as Hodgson, O'Neill etc.

As for this 30 years nonsense, if Poyet is still here in 30 years then either Bloom has kidnapped his family or he hasn't improved enough to get a job elsewhere a la Dario Gradi. Falmer will greatly enhance the standing of this club but to suggest that if he is successful then he won't leave seems far fetched to me. Even if he gets us to the Premier League in 3 years, we aren't going to be suddenly a massive club. It might cut out the need for him to go to a middling Premier League club but not much else beyond that as if a big club came calling then bye bye Gus.

If Gus stays here 2-3 years and then moves to a lower Premier League club, that will mean we are firmly established as a challenging Championship club which is about the best you can realistically hope for in that time frame. That is why I suggested the scenario would be best for both parties. I would like him to do the best job here that he can and then go on to success at a club he is already adored at. I just don't think that will happen without at least one change of club.

Spon on with everything you say. If Poyet is in the Premiership anytime after this season then it will mean he has done very very well with us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
coming back to the topic of the thread, it seems to be that everybody loves gus. It doesn't matter who you ask or which club they support, if you're talking about gus you always get a positive response. Amazing really when you think that he's even spent time at leeds.

He always showed total commitment in his playing days, he's been prepared to drop down the leagues the learn his craft in management and he's an all round good egg.

We're so lucky to have him.

honesty

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
if it werent tony blooms it would have been someone elses
the stadium had gone through we area vert atractive club
as nice place to bring clients show off etc
without harding or the russian i think chelsea would now be on par with palace but a little worse because i dont think they would havea ground
as i said we are not as big as them
but we have the potential to be
and f*** me if you are going to aspire to be anything
i would say most of chelseas support comes from sussex
i can see a few of those fans being nicked

You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly young.

Chelsea are a bigger club than us. Always were and probably always will be.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
like i said naturaly chelsea arent as bigger club as some on here think they are

did you read it? pre-Abramovich average attendance of 39k isnt a big club to you? and the new average is clearly limited by the capacity.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can see Gus becoming a bit more unpopular with other fans the more he manages. He seems to have that style of saying what he thinks whatever the effect, which while admirable, does tend to get other people's backs up. Case in point the Carlilse manager who slated him after his JPT comments.

I think he will annoy other clubs more and more as he does like to have a moan about referees and the like, and longer he is a manager and the more success he gets, the more exposure he'll receive.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly young.

Chelsea are a bigger club than us. Always were and probably always will be.

why call me names ?? you wouldnt like it if i called you a wanker would you
what im saying is we can be as big a club as them
they have always been a lower prem team apart from the last 10 years or so

macky

Dec 28, 2004
did you read it? pre-Abramovich average attendance of 39k isnt a big club to you? and the new average is clearly limited by the capacity.

as i pointed out earlier we were getting near on the same crowds in the 70's
so why not in the future and even if we arent nothing wrong with aimin g high if you go on the past chelsea are a very lowly team below villa
everton sunderland newcastle i would hgope that if we get to the prem we would sale our ground out

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
why call me names ?? you wouldnt like it if i called you a wanker would you
what im saying is we can be as big a club as them
they have always been a lower prem team apart from the last 10 years or so

Come on fella give it up. I COULD end up bedding Alexa Chung but lets face it, it aint gonna happen.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Come on fella give it up. I COULD end up bedding Alexa Chung but lets face it, it aint gonna happen.

so where will everyone be happy ?
if 20 years ago i said chelsea would be a top 4 stating what they have won
people would have laughed at me just as some on here are now
all im saying is aim high who knows
and as i said if he buildsa new ground like he wants to
there wil be no chelsea anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here