Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at chelsea

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
OH FFS :facepalm:

How did you come up with that, in that Chelsea are regular competitors in the Champions League, their ground is somewhat bigger, they have some outstanding players in their squad and it goes on and on....

If Brighton were to be matched with a premiership team, I would go along the same lines of maybe ......Wigan

We have a potentially bigger fan base, but we need to walk before we can run. The good times "appear" to be coming back, a bit early however to say "are Brighton bigger than Chelsea?"
:lolol:

This , especially the Wigan comment ... but with a bigger fanbase

as big as Chelsea = nope

bigger then the Premiership sides of recent years (Burnley,Blackpool,Reading etc...) = yep

so yeah I'd say about a Wigan :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only on NSC could a thread about Gus turn into a 'Brighton are a bigger club than Chelsea' farce.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was reading an article the other day & their attendances have only gone up just over 1000 since he took over.

I guess it's difficult to go up any more than that seeing as they sell out most games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
before the russian came i would say they were smaller than wigan are
and when he gets fed up with his toy they wil go back

i was saying fan base gates etc they arent a lot ahead of us

:wozza:

only 30k + more attend. Chelsea are a massive club, with or without Abramovich. they draw support from the whole of west london, north and south, and into Surrey. You must be confusing them with Fulham.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
do you think chelsea are that much a bigger club than us ?
i know that sounds stupid but take away the rusian money and i think they will be in trouble ?

Are they a bigger club than us? Much bigger.

Would they be as big and successful as they are without Abramovic? No.

In terms of success and clout, I'd say that without Abramovic, they would be on a par with, say, Aston Villa or Everton.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i was not talking about what they have won
i was saying fan base gates etc they arent a lot ahead of us
of course this moment they are who's to say in 5 years time some russian
might land his plane near us on the way to old trafford ?

with all due respect, dont be so daft!

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

as big as Chelsea = nope

bigger then the Premiership sides of recent years (Burnley,Blackpool,Reading etc...) = yep

This makes no sense as Wigan are a much smaller club than any of the 3 you have mentioned. Springfield Park anyone?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Only on NSC could a thread about Gus turn into a 'Brighton are a bigger club than Chelsea' farce.
I didn't think it was possible even on here.

It is literally about as ridiculous as suggesting Burgess Hill Town are bigger than the Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OH FFS :facepalm:

How did you come up with that, in that Chelsea are regular competitors in the Champions League, their ground is somewhat bigger, they have some outstanding players in their squad and it goes on and on....

If Brighton were to be matched with a premiership team, I would go along the same lines of maybe ......Wigan

We have a potentially bigger fan base, but we need to walk before we can run. The good times "appear" to be coming back, a bit early however to say "are Brighton bigger than Chelsea?"
:lolol:

as big as Chelsea = nope

Sorry but disagree completely. Wigan have a shite shite shite following whereas we dont. They're a Rugbytown etc etc. IMO we're a bigger club than Wigan as soon as we get our ground, and maybe are already (it wasn't that long ago they averaged shite gates in leagues below us - I know they're in the prem now but how do you 'measure' how big a club is - it's not just what league you're in?). If we get to them prem I see us more a Stoke City. Great fans, nice stadium etc - GOOD GATES...

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
I read this board and as you can see I essentially never feel the need to post anything but the idea that we are as big/bigger than Chelsea is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever seen made by a football fan and that is one hell of an achievement.

Before Abramovic, even before Bates and even when they weren't in the top
league there was still no comparison.

And the reason their attendance is 'only' 43,000 or so is because they can't expand the stadium anymore.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Take away Tony Blooms money and so would we.

if it werent tony blooms it would have been someone elses
the stadium had gone through we area vert atractive club
as nice place to bring clients show off etc
without harding or the russian i think chelsea would now be on par with palace but a little worse because i dont think they would havea ground
as i said we are not as big as them
but we have the potential to be
and f*** me if you are going to aspire to be anything
i would say most of chelseas support comes from sussex
i can see a few of those fans being nicked

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
without harding or the russian i think chelsea would now be on par with palace but a little worse because i dont think they would havea ground
as i said we are not as big as them
but we have the potential to be
and f*** me if you are going to aspire to be anything
i would say most of chelseas support comes from sussex
i can see a few of those fans being nicked

yes because there were queues of Arabs wanting to come in! here was no-one else...that was the whole point!

BTW I lived in Kent and there are far more Chelsea fans in Kent that Sussex

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
yes because there were queues of Arabs wanting to come in! here was no-one else...that was the whole point!

BTW I lived in Kent and there are far more Chelsea fans in Kent that Sussex

Bit of a generalisition David? Did you knock on every door or was it a random straw man poll type thingy?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
without harding or the russian i think chelsea would now be on par with palace

But even before HArding or Bates or Abramovitch, Chelsea had won the League, the Cup, the European Cup Winners Cup and had spent most of the previous 20 or 30 years in the top division.

That puts them well ahead of Brighton - and that's without Russian money

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bit of a generalisition David? Did you knock on every door or was it a random straw man poll type thingy?

Just standing on a platform in Maidstone on a chelsea home game and seeing the shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here