Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I reckon he’s eyeing up Stains for when Martin gets the Spanish. Can’t be long now and he’ll have already done his analysis presentation tonight.
I can't see it. By the time Martin goes (if he does) then they'll already be long relegated. He's doing a Kompany and using Southampton as a demonstration of his style to show what he'd do if only he had the players, staying up is neither here nor there

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I reckon he’s eyeing up Stains for when Martin gets the Spanish. Can’t be long now and he’ll have already done his analysis presentation tonight.
Somebody I know spoke to him about the Saints job a few months ago. His response was "Why would I want to go there, I've managed in the Champions League".

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ah. Waiting for that elusive call from Barcelona then.
Must be.

I guess I can see his point. But I'm not sure how much longer it will be valid for.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Somebody I know spoke to him about the Saints job a few months ago. His response was "Why would I want to go there, I've managed in the Champions League".
He can’t be that much of a dick surely? I liked him when he was here but if he thinks he’s going to get a job at a CL team he is totally deluded. Unless he means a minnow CL team like Celtic or a far flung lower quality European qualifier

His best route to an English CL team could have been the team he walked out on, if he’d shown some patience :wink:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I'll treat that like all your other ITK stuff... completely believeable and totally something Graham Potter would say, as he snorts a line of coke and drives off into the sunset with his flames-painted Ferrari.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll treat that like all your other ITK stuff... completely believeable and totally something Graham Potter would say, as he snorts a line of coke and drives off into the sunset with his flames-painted Ferrari.
On the contrary, it chimes pretty neatly with the 'history lesson', 'don't shout shoot', 'taken by Chelsea' stuff. Bloke has an ego like everyone else, he just presents it in a passive-aggressive manner.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
On the contrary, it chimes pretty neatly with the 'history lesson', 'don't shout shoot', 'taken by Chelsea' stuff. Bloke has an ego like everyone else, he just presents it in a passive-aggressive manner.
That's precisely the point, isn't it? I have no idea whether he'd think the thought that's being attributed to him, but I'm as sure as I can be that he wouldn't express it in those terms.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Which other "ITK stuff" out of interest? Why is that so unbelievable about Potter? It's pretty much what I would have expected him to say- this was also when they were in the Championship don't forget.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Shouting “We are going to win the f***ing Champion’s League”? :wink:

No it doesn't. People keep repeating various random loosely interpreted quotes from years back, because they really don't have a lot of ammunition in their desire to portray Graham Potter as some sort of money- and fame seeking demon.

Southampton is a good, generally well-run club and Potter knows it. While he might be looking for a less relegation bound club, it's just not realistic or anywhere in character to think he'd say what @Commander is pretending.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No it doesn't. People keep repeating various random loosely interpreted quotes from years back, because they really don't have a lot of ammunition in their desire to portray Graham Potter as some sort of money- and fame seeking demon.

Southampton is a good, generally well-run club and Potter knows it. While he might be looking for a less relegation bound club, it's just not realistic or anywhere in character to think he'd say what @Commander is pretending.
Mine was not a random loosely interpreted quote, except he said “try and win”

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A genuine question, other than @Han Solo, would anyone here take Potter back as our head coach at some stage?

I've realised that my annoyance with the bloke lasted exactly 2 years :lolol: .

I don't think he's a coaching/man-management deity, still a work in progress.
If Tony Bloom's algorithm identifies him as the best candidate for us.
I'd take him back.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Mine was not a random loosely interpreted quote, except he said “try”

Yes, some random PR crowd pleasing stuff. If he would have said "we're going to have big balls and big hearts" people would have found equal problems with it. Not because of what he said but because of who he is. Same as the other quotes people keep repeating.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, some random PR crowd pleasing stuff. If he would have said "we're going to have big balls and big hearts" people would have found equal problems with it. Not because of what he said but because of who he is. Same as the other quotes people keep repeating.
Let it go Lynn, you’re never gonna meet him… @ManOfSussex

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Which other "ITK stuff" out of interest? Why is that so unbelievable about Potter? It's pretty much what I would have expected him to say- this was also when they were in the Championship don't forget.
You know what I'm talking about. The whole "I accidently saw Aaron Connolly smoking a cigarette in his bathtub when I was starting through his window"-ish kind of stuff that just makes a man go down on his knees and pray it isn't as sad as it sounds, which it luckily isn't most times.

Me not believing a word you say is not a "diss", but a benefit of doubt. A belief in that you're not the tabloidic gossip girl you present yourself as.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

You do talk some nonsense. I passed on what he said to someone I know. I wasn't there, I don't know the tone of the reply, I don't know whether it was more "Why would I go to that shit club" or "I'm hoping to hold out for something a bit higher up than that but let's see" type response- it could be either, or somewhere in between. No idea. For you to decide that this isn't 'realistic' or 'anywhere in character' from that is just weird, however much you think you know your hero. And as it was when they were still in the Championship it seems a perfectly fair response to me.

Potter still lives in Hove, and I know we are back to this completely bizarre point yet again that you just can't fathom that Premier League players / footballers don't live in caves and do interact with members of the public in Sussex, but here we are again.

The idea that I would pretend that someone I know had a brief chat with him about the Southampton job so I could post it on the internet is really f***ing weird. It's hardly the greatest ITK claim in the world, is it?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well given the man he came across as whilst here, when I had a lot of time for him, that seemed very out of character and shouted a man trying too hard to me :shrug:

RDZ‘s “big balls” comment was very much something I’d expect from him and yes, yes I did love it at the time. I cannot ever see that sounding like something GP would be able to say with a straight face.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You know what I'm talking about. The whole "I accidently saw Aaron Connolly smoking a cigarette in his bathtub when I was starting through his window"-ish kind of stuff that just makes a man go down on his knees and pray it isn't as sad as it sounds, which it luckily isn't most times.

Me not believing a word you say is not a "diss", but a benefit of doubt. A belief in that you're not the tabloidic gossip girl you present yourself as.
You mean me saying that Aaron Connolly lives in Ditchling and goes to my gym sometimes. It is on his own Instagram!

You really are odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here