Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You know what I'm talking about. The whole "I accidently saw Aaron Connolly smoking a cigarette in his bathtub when I was starting through his window"-ish kind of stuff that just makes a man go down on his knees and pray it isn't as sad as it sounds, which it luckily isn't most times.

Me not believing a word you say is not a "diss", but a benefit of doubt. A belief in that you're not the tabloidic gossip girl you present yourself as.
You’ve had this explained to you so many times…

People know people attached to the club. They aren’t A-list celebrities hanging out at exclusive members only establishments. They’re regular people who shop at the local Tesco (quite a few go to the Tescl on Church Road, Hove actually - because the club own properties near there they rent to the players). Aaron Connolly was a regular at Shoosh nightclub in Brighton, people saw him all the time and he was photographed regularly there, usually extremely drunk.

I don’t mean to be unkind, as I appreciate you are a self-confessed recluse with poor social skills.

But people on here know players, ex-players, ex-managers and coaches, physios, the kit man, the tea lady. This is very common and normal in our country.

I’ve ended up in the same pub at the same time as ex-players over the years, and even a mate of a mate brought one along. It happens.

For someone so knowledgeable about the technical aspects of football, you are completely clueless yet confidently incorrect about our city, our club and our supporters.

Get out and touch grass - and I don’t mean weed.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You do talk some nonsense. I passed on what he said to someone I know. I wasn't there, I don't know the tone of the reply, I don't know whether it was more "Why would I go to that shit club" or "I'm hoping to hold out for something a bit higher up than that but let's see" type response- it could be either, or somewhere in between. No idea. For you to decide that this isn't 'realistic' or 'anywhere in character' from that is just weird, however much you think you know your hero. And as it was when they were still in the Championship it seems a perfectly fair response to me.

Potter still lives in Hove, and I know we are back to this completely bizarre point yet again that you just can't fathom that Premier League players / footballers don't live in caves and do interact with members of the public in Sussex, but here we are again.

The idea that I would pretend that someone I know had a brief chat with him about the Southampton job so I could post it on the internet is really f***ing weird. It's hardly the greatest ITK claim in the world, is it?
I know man. Someone told you Joao Pedro fell out with the club. Connollys hairdresser told you about his poor lifestyle. The night club owner at some night club told you the same thing. Your Graham Potter-friend told you.

Apparently everyone and their mother are talking Brighton-related stuff with you 24/7, or you are a weird man travelling through the city asking people what this or that 20-year-old is spending their Friday nights doing, or you're just lying. Whichever it is, it is sad.

I live in a city with a similar population as Brighton. This doesn't mean that I know where Malmö FF players eat their kebab, get their hair cuts or if they drink four beers rather than three, because I'm not bizarre/sad/pathetic like that. In a lot of other ways I am, but not like that. You're 40 or something and should either cut out the compulsive paparazzi-wannabe-shit or the compulsive lying. Just a thought.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know man. Someone told you Joao Pedro fell out with the club. Connollys hairdresser told you about his poor lifestyle. The night club owner at some night club told you the same thing. Your Graham Potter-friend told you.

Apparently everyone and their mother are talking Brighton-related stuff with you 24/7, or you are a weird man travelling through the city asking people what this or that 20-year-old is spending their Friday nights doing, or you're just lying. Whichever it is, it is sad.

I live in a city with a similar population as Brighton. This doesn't mean that I know where Malmö FF players eat their kebab, get their hair cuts or if they drink four beers rather than three, because I'm not bizarre/sad/pathetic like that. In a lot of other ways I am, but not like that. You're 40 or something and should either cut out the compulsive paparazzi-wannabe-shit or the compulsive lying. Just a thought.
I think you need help.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A genuine question, other than @Han Solo, would anyone here take Potter back as our head coach at some stage?

I've realised that my annoyance with the bloke lasted exactly 2 years :lolol: .

I don't think he's a coaching/man-management deity, still a work in progress.
No.

In case anyone hasn’t noticed our style and level of football has moved on over the past two seasons.

Starlizard had the opportunity to identify Potter as the best replacement for RDZ - but even though Potter was local and immediately available and despite getting us to 9th place finish in the League several seasons ago, it didn’t.

The Club wanted better.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A genuine question, other than @Han Solo, would anyone here take Potter back as our head coach at some stage?

Maybe at some point. Time heals and he is a decent enough manager. Would be surprised if Bloom ever thought he was the answer again though.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I live in a city with a similar population as Brighton. This doesn't mean that I know where Malmö FF players eat their kebab, get their hair cuts or if they drink four beers rather than three, because I'm not bizarre/sad/pathetic like that. In a lot of other ways I am, but not like that.

More likely because you don't go out, and spend your days sat at home behind a computer screen with your cock in one hand and a spliff in the other.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
More likely because you don't go out, and spend your days sat at home behind a computer screen with your cock in one hand and a spliff in the other.
Blimey - what's he typing with ? If he's mushing his head against the keyboard, it's surprisingly articulate stuff...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Indeed.

I still find it incredible that somebody who has never been to Sussex thinks he knows the place better than hundreds of people who live here.

Are you Hurzeler OUT yet mate? It’s about this time of a new manager’s reign when you start to turn, isn’t it? 😉

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Not me. Potter never got us anywhere near Europe, and seemed to think we needed a history lesson when we wanted to progress.

Subsequent coaches have shown what’s possible, and I’m far happier with the new chap, even if we do have to go through a slightly painful acclimatisation period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here