Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No fresh stories or news on this whatsoever on the broadsheets, BBC, Sky or Standard.

It was recently explained that the internet is rife with wannabe football itk’s, who actually know nowt, but hope to get lucky to give them credence and a following.

All pretty obvious and this is a great example.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Everton will end up with Nuno or Benitez. & Spurs agenda will stay as it always has been to go for someone with European experience, probably a name Paratici is familiar.

Calm down.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Should be a ban on quoting Twitter accounts with less than 10,000 followers on here. Also a ban on quoting odds (wasn’t Potter odds on for Everton or something too recently?!) it’s NOT NORMAL odds it’s driven by the odd person putting £20 on!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Spurs fans would expect instant results, they need a quick fix there. Potter simply would not get the time there to implement his ideas, and he's not a big enough name to be afforded the time to get it right.

He's just not a fit for them. I'd be flabbergasted if Levy made an approach.

Listening to some entitled Spuds fans, I don't any manager will be given time. Potter would be mad to go to them, if he does it will be for the money, and be out out of a job before the season ends imho.
The only thing more comical than Spurs and Arshole thinking they are both one of the top 6 premier clubs is aftv.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Someone reckons taking Potter with a load of Albion players would be good for Spuds.

Whilst someone else said that sauce is a proven liar.

With Kane wanting ManC, what a stressful summer for Spuds fans.

AF4E0571-20AF-41CC-97C5-05D1B505EBB5.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No fresh stories or news on this whatsoever on the broadsheets, BBC, Sky or Standard.

It was recently explained that the internet is rife with wannabe football itk’s, who actually know nowt, but hope to get lucky to give them credence and a following.

All pretty obvious and this is a great example.

Excuse me? Sky?? "Sky Sports sources" = this morning's tabloids.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Potter is intelligent. He would have to be mad to want to join that basket case as their 25th choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Someone reckons taking Potter with a load of Albion players would be good for Spuds.

View attachment 137881

There’s so many comments from Spurs and Arsenal fans like this. It’s quite astonishing how dim some people are. Usually along the lines of:

“Yeah we should get Potter in. Good football, good with young players and we can then get Bissouma, Lamptey and maybe even Ben White as well”.

Assuming that they can just click their fingers and get our manager from our wonderfully set up club on the up is one thing. But to then assume that Tony would happily bend over and let them take our 3 most valuable players on a discount as well takes naïveté to another level.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
There was an article a couple days back saying that the reason Gattuso deal fell through was that the Spurs Technical Director Fabio Paratici is defensive minded, whereas Gattuso is attacking minded, so a difference in footballing philosophy.
Going by this Potter certainly isn’t the man for Spurs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What betting sites says really isnt important. If they have any insider information of what is going on, they close the opportunity to bet for a manager since it means more people have access to that same information.

What they do is that they look at rumours, realise these rumours wants people to bet for him as new manager, and put the odds at a level where it looks plausible.

Being the favorite at some betting site, in the case of manager appointments, means very little. If you believe otherwise, feel free to waste your money.

View attachment 137881

GP didnt sign (not that it is his job but lets say he told DA last year or the year before that to sign someone like Matt Grimes or Connor Roberts, surely it wouldnt have been impossible) any of his former players to Swansea or Brighton which could of course be coincidence but more likely a choice he has made as signing former players could quickly lead to internal problems (other players believing the manager is favouring his "own" players).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is not like dealing with players if you want to unseat a manager from another club you need to get it done early to give both your club and the club they have left time to prepare for the forthcoming season. Given how much Spurs have dragged this out with their scattergun approach to recruiting a manager I can’t see Brighton even entertaining any approach.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
What betting sites says really isnt important. If they have any insider information of what is going on, they close the opportunity to bet for a manager since it means more people have access to that same information.

What they do is that they look at rumours, realise these rumours wants people to bet for him as new manager, and put the odds at a level where it looks plausible.

Being the favorite at some betting site, in the case of manager appointments, means very little. If you believe otherwise, feel free to waste your money.

GP didnt sign (not that it is his job but lets say he told DA last year or the year before that to sign someone like Matt Grimes or Connor Roberts, surely it wouldnt have been impossible) any of his former players to Swansea or Brighton which could of course be coincidence but more likely a choice he has made as signing former players could quickly lead to internal problems (other players believing the manager is favouring his "own" players).

Not sure this is necessarily a betting thing. Brighton supporters do not want their manager to move on and at the moment the rumours have him a rather hot favourite for Spurs with the bookies. I would personally prefer him to be an outsider at 50 to 1 and breathe rather more easily if he was. I will continue to watch with interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here