Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Who on here in their early 40’s would not take a job for a couple of years if it meant absolute high end financial security for life for themselves and family ??? Two many blue and white specs on this thread.

As an additional bonus you will also manage in probably the best Stadium in world football with far better players than you had at your previous club, managers aren’t fans.

You’re making the assumption and leap that Tony wouldn’t be competitive with manager salary.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who on here in their early 40’s would not take a job for a couple of years if it meant absolute high end financial security for life for themselves and family ??? Two many blue and white specs on this thread.

As an additional bonus you will also manage in probably the best Stadium in world football with far better players than you had at your previous club, managers aren’t fans.

… and you would see the back of a manager you don’t rate :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The thoughts of the 10% Potter haters in your excellent poll threads, look like a tea party compared to Spuds fans talking about Mason who’s been with them since he was 8.

View attachment 137873

Any setbacks, I’d fear for Potter.

Remember he uncharacteristically got upset with fans criticism last winter. Criticism 1 out of 10 on a football world Richter scale.

Correct. They make the Potter out gang look like a mumsnet book club.

Even Poch… he was loved and took them to a Champions League final. One ropey half season and he was kicked out the door. There is not a long term project at Spurs even if they say there is. One bad season or even half a season and the knives are out.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is simply because he was talked about last night on the phone ins. A couple of chumps have chucked a speculative tenner on it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thoughts of the 10% Potter haters in your excellent poll threads, look like a tea party compared to Spuds fans talking about Mason who’s been with them since he was 8.

Any setbacks, I’d fear for Potter.

Remember he uncharacteristically got upset with fans criticism last winter. Criticism 1 out of 10 on a football world Richter scale.

Let's not lose sight of just how many of that 10% were them up the road sowing discontent.

Or more relevant still just how many of those 10% have stepped back from the ledge as results improved from what was a very, very, low baseline.

Sure that doesn't work on the fanboys who'd have nothing to write if they couldn't write 'but many on here think GPott is championship at best', doesn't mean the rest of us have to buy into it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Levy is ruthless.

Inexplicably, for a man in charge Levy thought he needed Jose.
Quite how he.came to that conclusion I'll never know, that said we did rip Loch's Spurs a new one and if that days was playing out over a few weekends, something was very wrong.

Not wrong enough for Jose, but wrong nevertheless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let's not lose sight of just how many of that 10% were them up the road sowing discontent.

Or more relevant still just how many of those 10% have stepped back from the ledge as results improved from what was a very, very, low baseline.

Sure that doesn't work on the fanboys who'd have nothing to write if they couldn't write 'but many on here think GPott is championship at best', doesn't mean the rest of us have to buy into it.

A least you put valid arguments forward eg a lack of wins.

The spuds forum non-debate seems to be “the cu*t’s an imposter, get out of our club”.

Potter would be a lamb to the proverbial.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely Spurs will go for Benitez if Everton chicken out ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Inexplicably, for a man in charge Levy thought he needed Jose.
Quite how he.came to that conclusion I'll never know, that said we did rip Loch's Spurs a new one and if that days was playing out over a few weekends, something was very wrong.

Not wrong enough for Jose, but wrong nevertheless.

Tried to buy a trophy no matter the cost, to get the ball rolling, to break that psychological hold in being a perennial losing club.

Mourinho always delivers trophies …. until ….. WHL.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yep, here we go again. If you are not a fully committed member of the cult and have not given away all your possessions to prove your devotion then clearly you are a ‘hater.’

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't get this thread. GP obviously doesn't wear a watch.

2AECYRJ.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
***BREAKING*** 19.01 #@SPURS -

Official , Spurs have made The Man From Del Monte their next target for the vacant managerial post .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spurs fans would expect instant results, they need a quick fix there. Potter simply would not get the time there to implement his ideas, and he's not a big enough name to be afforded the time to get it right.

He's just not a fit for them. I'd be flabbergasted if Levy made an approach.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A least you put valid arguments forward eg a lack of wins.

I didn't, I've always bean an inny.

Despite that I have also written 'this isn't good enough' at times when it's been patently obvious to all that GPott's team wasn't good enough.

That has me down as a marked man who hates the Albion. :shrug:

I've read plenty of others on here explaining to the acolytes 'I wasn't happy when we were bad, but I'm seeing it better now and am looking forward to next season'.
Sadly for them that's always fallen on deaf eyes :shrug: which it why we still have to put up with these 'I'm so superior' call backs, completely obviously to the fact that nothing has been accomplished and their Messiah could be out of a job by Christmas.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't, I've always bean an inny.

Despite that I have also written 'this isn't good enough' at times when it's been patently obvious to all that GPott's team wasn't good enough.

That has me down as a marked man who hates the Albion. :shrug:

I've read plenty of others on here explaining to the acolytes 'I wasn't happy when we were bad, but I'm seeing it better now and am looking forward to next season'.
Sadly for them that's always fallen on deaf eyes :shrug: which it why we still have to put up with these 'I'm so superior' call backs, completely obviously to the fact that nothing has been accomplished and their Messiah could be out of a job by Christmas.

:lolol:

I’m a big moaner when we lose, but tended to blame that on inadequate goal scorers.

My gripes with Potter were the rigid thinking ALWAYS passing it about the back in season 1 ….. which he did later adapt and vary. Plus the old Albion thing of too late subs ….. which to give credit he later changed too.

Only an idiot would’ve been elated by a win every 7 weeks during the shit spells, but thankfully we really improved overall in those last 4 months, despite missing Solly, Lamptey and Webster for most of it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tried to buy a trophy no matter the cost, to get the ball rolling, to break that psychological hold in being a perennial losing club.

Mourinho always delivers trophies …. until ….. WHL.

In fairness to Jose, being sacked four days before a final cuts down your chances of winning a trophy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to Jose, being sacked four days before a final cuts down your chances of winning a trophy.

Or picking up your trophy winning bonus.

Stay classy Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here