Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fairness to Jose, being sacked four days before a final cuts down your chances of winning a trophy.

Levy’s incredibly successful in business terms on the back of Joe Lewis, with 21 years of experience in running Spuds.

I wonder what his rationale was?

ManC clearly had a far better team and squad, I can only think that Levy was hoping for a short-term ‘dead cat bounce’ to motivate the players after relieving them of the divisive Mourinho. With a LC win and a top 4 finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Levy’s incredibly successful in business terms on the back of Joe Lewis, with 21 years of experience in running Spuds.

I wonder what his rationale was?

ManC clearly had a far better team and squad, I can only think that Levy was hoping for a short-term ‘dead cat bounce’ to motivate the players after relieving them of the divisive Mourinho. With a LC win and a top 4 finish.

On the back of Lewis' £4bn, sat all snugly as it is tax free in the Bahamas.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Who on here in their early 40’s would not take a job for a couple of years if it meant absolute high end financial security for life for themselves and family ??? Two many blue and white specs on this thread.

As an additional bonus you will also manage in probably the best Stadium in world football with far better players than you had at your previous club, managers aren’t fans.

All true, but against that you'd set the effects on your career of a quick hook from Levy if things went wrong. Is he in it for the money or job satisfaction? A couple of times I've had what should have been great jobs ruined by working for bad bosses and the money hasn't been much consolation.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
All true, but against that you'd set the effects on your career of a quick hook from Levy if things went wrong. Is he in it for the money or job satisfaction? A couple of times I've had what should have been great jobs ruined by working for bad bosses and the money hasn't been much consolation.

Also, are the players that much better than we have? They should be, but take our first choice defence. Lamptey, White, Webster, Dunk, March. I'd take that over any of Spurs defenders. Attackers...ok, yes they win that one. Midfield, wouldn't take any of theirs over Biss.
Hope Potter doesn't go, next season could be a cracker.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do fear if we keep failing getting these major transfer targets over the line any half decent manager we employ eyes would start wondering to other opportunities. I guess it’s a double edged sword do well at Spurs and the worlds your oyster.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I do fear if we keep failing getting these major transfer targets over the line any half decent manager we employ eyes would start wondering to other opportunities. I guess it’s a double edged sword do well at Spurs and the worlds your oyster.

Its also worth remembering this could well help us in our transfer pursuits as we prove to GP we are going to back him.. (we have already seen one big bid for a player in the last wee!)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Surely if Potter was going to Spurs he would have by now? Not sure there's enough cash out there to make him want to be the bridesmaid afterthought for a club who nearly had an appointment sorted until Gattuso, of all people, became available.

do you seriously think that spurs would be interested in potter?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
54E3D4A3-BC18-4631-98D2-46678E930C52.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here