Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Its a hard one. I am an engineer I work as a machinist at a small metal bashing company on a good salary and a terrific boss.

Do your metal bashing company have any contacts in the cladding industry?

If so, could you call 020 8658 7700 to arrange a quote for them please.

You might want to get payment up front though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A friend of mine who's a Newcastle fan living down here in Brighton, always tells me how jealous he is of Brighton as they have a plan, and it's really clear how the club want to do things. He tells me how Newcastle don't have any sort of plan. And this summer its become really apparent that clubs like Spurs and Everton don't either. A lot of clubs don't seem to be operating without any long term or strategic planning. We're so lucky with the way things are done at this club.

But like Palace they muddle along and always finish above us .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I´m far more concerned about England going for Potter after the Euro's than I am about Spurs. Spurs will end up with a foreign manager
Yes. That could happen.

Barber will have to head that one off at FA HQ.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Does Paul Barber write your posts?

We just finished lower in the division than in our first season in the Premier League. It's quite good spin to call our trajectory 'one way' but that's not really the case at all.

We have a team and manager with enormous potential and a bloody wealthy chairman.

We are a model club - but we've got a very challenging summer ahead with the need to shift a lot of dead wood, strengthen the attack and deal with interest in our best players.

We are doing well but however much of a mess Spurs are they are one of the biggest clubs in the continent, with the best stadium in the country and a salary far greater than anything in our budget. It would be no surprise if GPot had his head turned if the interest is genuine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If the only thing you look at is the end-of-season table, then fine - you have a point. But ultimately, if you look at the 2 seasons under Hughton vs the seasons under Potter - we were headed for relegation with Hughton. The "potential" had been reached and we weren't showing any signs of being any better than a bottom 5 club. Under Potter, however ... the table position shasn't changed (yet), but the key difference is that potential you mention yourself. It's there, we can all see it, and it's a fair hypothesis to suggest that the upcoming season is make-or-break for Potter. He should be pushing us on to competing strongly for a top 10 finish. If we're bottom 5 again, then something is seriously amiss.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If the only thing you look at is the end-of-season table, then fine - you have a point. But ultimately, if you look at the 2 seasons under Hughton vs the seasons under Potter - we were headed for relegation with Hughton. The "potential" had been reached and we weren't showing any signs of being any better than a bottom 5 club. Under Potter, however ... the table position shasn't changed (yet), but the key difference is that potential you mention yourself. It's there, we can all see it, and it's a fair hypothesis to suggest that the upcoming season is make-or-break for Potter. He should be pushing us on to competing strongly for a top 10 finish. If we're bottom 5 again, then something is seriously amiss.
Agree with this, although if our academy is now churning out players of the calibre of Ben White and Robert Sanchez and the recruitment continues to be as good as it has been the last couple of years then alot of the potential is still there with or without the current head coach

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Its a hard one. I am an engineer I could work as a machinist at a small metal bashing company on a good salary and a terrific boss...But then McLaren come along and offer me about the same money but not as nice a boss, as a young engineer who wants a good CV and some great experience working with the best people I go and work for McLaren,...as someone in there mid to late 50s I stay where I am.

Not comparing BHA to a small metal bashing shop or most defiantly spurs to a racing car but I hope you get my point.

Genuine question Loz; what’s the expected outcome re Lucien Favre and his talks with Parrish? I’ve heard he is now Palace’s preferred candidate.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Agree with this, although if our academy is now churning out players of the calibre of Ben White and Robert Sanchez and the recruitment continues to be as good as it has been the last couple of years then alot of the potential is still there with or without the current head coach

Agree - in fact, I'd argue that if we're still treading water by end of this season it's time up for Potter (as good as he's been) and/or the recruitment policy (if we struggle again for the same under-performance-in-front-of-goal reasons).

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Genuine question Loz; what’s the expected outcome re Lucien Favre and his talks with Parrish? I’ve heard he is now Palace’s preferred candidate.

TBH I have no expectations at all, I also no nothing about him. Although people take the piss that Cooper from Swansea has a really good CV with both England youth and the Swans, he may be worth a punt.

But what do I know ?

Well the one thing I do know is the players and managers are employees and will go when and wherever the bucks are, I know us fans dont like to hear such things but it a fact of life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I see it's your turn to fall foul of stating a simple fact.

You should know by now if you don't add 'but last season was a rip roaring success, everybody says so' you'll be instantly put on the watch list and you will be monitored.

Why aren't posters allowed to hold the simple opinion:-

'last season was shite, but everything looks good for this season'?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m just really happy with the way our club are going, I’m sorry if that bothers you or doesn’t fit your negative agenda.

It’s quite bizarre. Being 100% behind the manager does seem to be a set up for quite a bit of derision from Albion fans on an Albion forum.

**** ‘em all Vagabond

I respected fans who were 100% behind CH, even at the end. I didn’t agree but I hope I never ran them down for it.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s quite bizarre. Being 100% behind the manager does seem to be a set up for quite a bit of derision from Albion fans on an Albion forum.

**** ‘em all Vagabond

Well maybe if people didn't try and dismiss a club that was in the Champions League final in 2019 compared to our 15/16/17th every season...........
[MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] has nailed this thread though - good couple of posts.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We have good succession planning with players, and I'm sure there are plans for if we need a new coach. Everything else stays in place such as DoF, CEO etc. We'd also, almost certainly, have a reasonable transfer kitty if we sell one of White or Bissouma.
Having said that I'd prefer to keep Potter for continuity purposes, and the good relationship he has with numerous players. As Vagabond says, we are on an upwards trajectory. However, money does talk at times and if Spurs are willing to meet the 'buy out' on Potter's contract and pay him big money, then you never know. I tend to side with our Swedish poster on Potter's intentions though and think he'd stay if Spurs did approach us.
I wonder what the buy out is on Potter and his team? I expect quite a sizeable sum. The team is Potter, Reid, Hamberg, and a recruitment guy I think (name escapes me) who is managed by Paul Winstanley?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have good succession planning with players, and I'm sure there are plans for if we need a new coach. Everything else stays in place such as DoF, CEO etc. We'd also, almost certainly, have a reasonable transfer kitty if we sell one of White or Bissouma.
Having said that I'd prefer to keep Potter for continuity purposes, and the good relationship he has with numerous players. As Vagabond says, we are on an upwards trajectory. However, money does talk at times and if Spurs are willing to meet the 'buy out' on Potter's contract and pay him big money, then you never know. I tend to side with our Swedish poster on Potter's intentions though and think he'd stay if Spurs did approach us.
I wonder what the buy out is on Potter and his team? I expect quite a sizeable sum. The team is Potter, Reid, Hamberg, and a recruitment guy I think (name escapes me) who is managed by Paul Winstanley?

I'd be amazed as the money wouldn't have to talk it would need to scream from the rooftops.

It's one this to walk away from his project just as it's about to pay off.
But something completely different to do that in exchange for a cluster**k that's sinking and will take him down with it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well maybe if people didn't try and dismiss a club that was in the Champions League final in 2019 compared to our 15/16/17th every season...........
[MENTION=33374]Audax[/MENTION] has nailed this thread though - good couple of posts.

Maybe we should back off taking the piss out of Palace then, using that logic.

Taking the piss out of other clubs is part of being a fan, taking the piss out of fans from your club who back their own manager is very different….

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s ok having this vision great owner etc, unless we spend some money where it’s needed to improve the 1st team then it all seems a bit pointless. If we start the season weaker than the previous we need to worry.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe we should back off taking the piss out of Palace then, using that logic.

Taking the piss out of other clubs is part of being a fan, taking the piss out of fans from your club who back their own manager is very different….

I must have missed Palace's appearance in the Champions League. Was their new stand full?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I must have missed Palace's appearance in the Champions League. Was their new stand full?

Perhaps you can tell me what position above us a club has been since we arrived in the PL we are allowed to mock and which we need to continue taking the knee to.

I am now feeling guilt at having taken the piss out of United until recently and having the gall to laugh at Liverpool last season

Please feel free to educate me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here