Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey getting smashed

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
What a mess, I'd imagine they'll have to play quite a few of their youth team this forthcoming season, that's if they paid them their pocketmoney.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
They aren't doing too badly considering their goalkeeper wasn't able to play due to contractual difficulties, so they signed up the gibraltan team mascot, a Monkey called Keith. Although they may have problems next season when they play Hartlepool

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw the game - Pompey were shocking, gonna be a long hard season for them

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They aren't doing too badly considering their goalkeeper wasn't able to play due to contractual difficulties, so they signed up the gibraltan team mascot, a Monkey called Keith. Although they may have problems next season when they play Hartlepool

I preferred the previous mascot , Cecil , his backflips were awesome. :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think there is a real danger that Pompey may not even start the season and could well be liquidated at this rate.

It is looking that way with Chanrai seeming to not be in a hurry to close his re-purchase of the club and the administrator surely getting closer to recommending liquidation if they cant do deals with their remaining big pay players. Trouble is it may well be too late for them to enrol in a lower league for the forthcoming season and that might just be the death of them. A total mess all of their own making but even I have a little sympathy for their fans

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Never thought I would feel sorry for Pompey fans but can't help but have some sympathy for their fans plight

I too feel sympathy however, and this is a big however. Where has the fans/public movements been happening? I can't see much enthusiasm to be saved from the fans seeing as they are such a big club.
Is it a case of they know it's all over regardless of their efforts, or more that they think because they have been such a big club with a big history, they really don't think the worst will happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here