Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey getting smashed

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
lets rack up a few goals against them. Pompey gone to the dogs but always satisfying to beat that lot whatever the situation

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd love to see them liquidated. Maybe mid-season with a few cricket scores along the way.

Before any of the apologists pipe up (some Palace fans and a gaggle of Brighton fans), there will always be a club in Portsmouth. Their passionate support will ensure that.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Eastwood (Preece 46); Dumbuya, Magri (c), Webster, Harley; Sam (Wallace 61), Gillett (Colson 78), Howard, Lopez (Harris 46); McLeod (Butler 78), Rodgers (Thompson 61)
This was their line up I don't think a single one of them played last season except for magri

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is ginger bollocks still at Pompey or has he been moved on?

It is quite tragic to think how the mighty are fallen, not so long ago they won the FA cup and appeared in the final again a couple of years later.

NOT!

:lolol::lolol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm old enough to have seen Albion beating Gibraltar FA X! 6-0 at the Goldstone.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is ginger bollocks still at Pompey or has he been moved on?

He was with a gaggle of senior pros (for senior read overpaid) left behind to find a new deal elsewhere or be "persuaded" to walk away. In Kitson's case he has refused to even discuss any sort of compromise deal insisting that his contract should be honoured in full. According to the administrator this despicable attitude towards contractual obligations and integrity will be what takes Pompey into liquidation. Ironic? Maybe. Shame? Not at all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Michael Appleton has thanked the man who helped fund Pompey’s pre-season tour.

The Blues have travelled to Spain for a 10-day training camp and will also play matches against Gibraltar and Brighton.

They made the trip thanks to the generosity of life-long supporter Dave Ellis.

The 56-year-old – who has also backed all four Hall of Fame evenings – is the owner of Fareham-based companies Ellis Electrical and Ellis Integrated Systems.

And he has provided the financial backing to ensure Pompey could travel abroad to prepare for the new season, with the Gibraltar FA also contributing.

“Dave has been a big fan of this football club for many years,” said Blues boss Appleton. “He’s put a hell of a lot of money into this trip.

“We’re in administration and there are probably people out there wondering how we’ve funded the trip, but it’s down to him.

“The money he’s put in and the money we get for the Gibraltar game has helped us.

“We’re incredibly grateful to Dave and owe him a lot of thanks – we wouldn’t be here otherwise.”

Ellis was only too pleased to be able to help Pompey out during their time of need.

He said: “Obviously with the club in its current state it could not justify spending money on a pre-season tour abroad.

“But I was approached in the Chimes Lounge and asked if I would be interested in helping out. Being a life-long supporter, I was delighted to.

“I wanted to help the team in the current climate. Appleton is a brick and someone who needs all the help he can get. I’m just happy I can do my bit.”

Sui!! The Mystery Funder Is - Portsmouth FC forum from footymad.net

He was with a gaggle of senior pros (for senior read overpaid) left behind to find a new deal elsewhere or be "persuaded" to walk away. In Kitson's case he has refused to even discuss any sort of compromise deal insisting that his contract should be honoured in full. According to the administrator this despicable attitude towards contractual obligations and integrity will be what takes Pompey into liquidation. Ironic? Maybe. Shame? Not at all.
It would be great to see him made redundant and given statutory redundancy pay only - with no discussion of any compromise.

With two years service with his current employer, he'd be entitled to £860.

Michael Appleton has thanked the man who helped fund Pompey’s pre-season tour.

The Blues have travelled to Spain for a 10-day training camp and will also play matches against Gibraltar and Brighton.

They made the trip thanks to the generosity of life-long supporter Dave Ellis.

The 56-year-old – who has also backed all four Hall of Fame evenings – is the owner of Fareham-based companies Ellis Electrical and Ellis Integrated Systems.

And he has provided the financial backing to ensure Pompey could travel abroad to prepare for the new season, with the Gibraltar FA also contributing.

“Dave has been a big fan of this football club for many years,” said Blues boss Appleton. “He’s put a hell of a lot of money into this trip.

“We’re in administration and there are probably people out there wondering how we’ve funded the trip, but it’s down to him.

“The money he’s put in and the money we get for the Gibraltar game has helped us.

“We’re incredibly grateful to Dave and owe him a lot of thanks – we wouldn’t be here otherwise.”

Ellis was only too pleased to be able to help Pompey out during their time of need.

He said: “Obviously with the club in its current state it could not justify spending money on a pre-season tour abroad.

“But I was approached in the Chimes Lounge and asked if I would be interested in helping out. Being a life-long supporter, I was delighted to.

“I wanted to help the team in the current climate. Appleton is a brick and someone who needs all the help he can get. I’m just happy I can do my bit.”

Sui!! The Mystery Funder Is - Portsmouth FC forum from footymad.net
Didn't the Albion get a pre-season foreign tour a few years back, funded by a generous supporter?

A chap called Tony Bloom, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here