Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey getting smashed

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A couple of fans were on their forums. Christ we have them on here as well.

It was more than just fans on forums-I know some Pompey fans and their belief was that if they got back to the Prem, (the place where their troubles really started), they'd have enough money to get out of trouble. Completely forgetting that they had no money and I believe there was a transfer embargo on them at the time (probably imagined that bit but sounds good). Whatever happens to them I don't really care, all I hope is that The Albion don't go down the 'chasing the dream' road-unless we have the money. So, what's the latest-are we signing Owen?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You are right there. Hard to argue with any of that. In some ways I almost want it to happen so that the cheats..... And that is what Pompey and Palace are...... Learn a lesson. It is just that I still think, there for the grace of God and all that.

We were very lucky.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was more than just fans on forums-I know some Pompey fans and their belief was that if they got back to the Prem, (the place where their troubles really started), they'd have enough money to get out of trouble. Completely forgetting that they had no money and I believe there was a transfer embargo on them at the time (probably imagined that bit but sounds good). Whatever happens to them I don't really care, all I hope is that The Albion don't go down the 'chasing the dream' road-unless we have the money. So, what's the latest-are we signing Owen?

You had better ask Tony Bloom if we have the money then or start bleating on here about it NOW. Don't wait to get castigated in 5 years time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We were very lucky.

You are so right - lucky (no matter what people say) to have had, not Tony Bloom, but Dick Knight. He was the one who held it together against the odds and kept it going until TB felt the time was right for him to step in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here