Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Police officer using excessive force in Eastbourne!

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Remember where you heard it. I would be very surprised if this doesn't go national very soon for one key reason. The guy punched is black and it does not look good at all.

It's currently doing the rounds on Facebook and Sussex police have confirmed it's genuine and they are investigating. Footage shows two officers restraining a man on the lower deck of a bus who they appear to have under control and he is complaining that they are hurting him. You then clearly see one officer throw a glancing punch at the man's head.

With all that has happened in recent times it's just tragic that confidence in our police will be again undermined. The vast majority do a brilliant job but this is wholly unacceptable.
only showed selective bits of the video.
Would you be posting this if the person was white??
I could show you lots of video's where white people are getting clouted by the Police

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh dear, some people do get hooked on their prejudices and stereotyping. Even mods. Your post is so wring on so many counts. Sad that you can't even see that. Not a good look really...................

Let's stick to facts. I have not seen the incident - neither online or in person at the scene. Therefore I do not have an opinion on whether it was justified or not, racially motivated or not. No opinion - it might have been all those things or none at all. I don't know, so I don't have an opinion. Is that so difficult to understand? Another fact: there are people out there (and some on here) who will make it their business to make sure it becomes a racial issue, whether it is or not.

No names, no pack drill.

Im just pointing out that your way of showing you have no opinion is to constantly spam this thread with your opinion :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am shocked, outraged and appalled. Is that the correct answer?

A criminal under arrest for doing something against the laws of England getting an extra little dig is fine with me. Don't do things wrong, then you won't get arrested - and these things won't happen. I can almost hear the snowflakes melting and sizzling right now, but I don't care.

Oh, and it makes zero difference to me wether he's black, white, yellow or green. Break the law and expect to be treated with the utmost respect and feeble restraint? Sorry, you gave a bit of that away when you broke the law pal.....

Policing in the 1970's stunk. Policing in the 2020's is pathetic. There's a middle ground somewhere in between and I think if we got to that then people would respect the Police again.

Walk down any street in Dubai with a £50k Rolex on at Midnight and you wouldn't get touched. Why? Because people fear the Police and what would happen if they got caught breaking the law. That's the extreme - and there's a middle ground.

We've swung too far the opposite way.

Flame me for this. Whatever.
How far do your little digs go? Killing newspaper sellers? Perfectly healthy people getting arrested and then dying in the holding cell? Beating women at a vigil held for a woman who was murdered by a police officer?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
[tweet]1548930777408233479[/tweet]

Charged with headbutting the officer's fist ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A criminal under arrest for doing something against the laws of England getting an extra little dig is fine with me. Don't do things wrong, then you won't get arrested - and these things won't happen. I can almost hear the snowflakes melting and sizzling right now, but I don't care.

A person isn't a criminal until they have been convicted of a crime.
Police don't arrest people for doing something against the law, they arrest people on suspicion of doing something against the law. It then needs to be proved in a court of law.

The police are not judge judy and executioner. It is not their job to punish criminals.

Tottenham midfielder Bissouma was arrested but is not a criminal. After his arrest the police decided he had no case to answer. This sort of thing is quite common - people being arrested and either having no case to answer or being found not guilty in a court of law.

Being arrested does not mean you are a criminal for the Police to abuse.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am shocked, outraged and appalled. Is that the correct answer?

Oh, and it makes zero difference to me wether he's black, white, yellow or green. Break the law and expect to be treated with the utmost respect and feeble restraint? Sorry, you gave a bit of that away when you broke the law pal.....

Policing in the 1970's stunk. Policing in the 2020's is pathetic. There's a middle ground somewhere in between and I think if we got to that then people would respect the Police again.

Walk down any street in Dubai with a £50k Rolex on at Midnight and you wouldn't get touched. Why? Because people fear the Police and what would happen if they got caught breaking the law. That's the extreme - and there's a middle ground.

We've swung too far the opposite way.

Flame me for this. Whatever.

To me it seems the police officer is breaking the law, but I guess you don't include police officers in the category of people who you feel should follow the laws?

Its also funny how some people percieve laws as some kind holy truth that should always be followed or otherwise you deserve to get your faced punched by a couple of police officers. Laws are created by governments, most of them shite, and quite often the laws are created to control and oppress people.

While it is truly fantastic that you can walk with your Rolex in Dubai, it is also arguably less fantastic that you can't hold hands with someone of the same gender without having your head chopped off. How do you feel about that? "Well, he broke the law...", "Don't do things wrong", "An extra little dig is fine with me".

I've never quite understood what kind of environments that create people who believe that every law is something that should and must be followed and that you can do anything you like to those who dont follow them. Quite often, one of the few laws they're not entirely happy with is the right to protest against laws.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I could show you lots of video's where white people are getting clouted by the Police

And your point is what exactly?:ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Many people who appear before the courts now have mental health problems. I'm not saying this person had mental health problems but there are a lot on the streets who aren't getting any help or keeping up with their medication.

It sounded great, in the 80s, closing the mental health institutions, and many of them did need to close. We were told that Care in the Community was the thing, which started off well, but like everything now, has suffered greatly from underfunding.

It's all very well saying that person may be a 'nutter' but does that nutter need to go prison or does he/she need medical help?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Many people who appear before the courts now have mental health problems. I'm not saying this person had mental health problems but there are a lot on the streets who aren't getting any help or keeping up with their medication.

It sounded great, in the 80s, closing the mental health institutions, and many of them did need to close. We were told that Care in the Community was the thing, which started off well, but like everything now, has suffered greatly from underfunding.

It's all very well saying that person may be a 'nutter' but does that nutter need to go prison or does he/she need medical help?

Is your name Hondo or did you per chance watch SWAT last night on Sky? :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

some black mates and i got in a ruck with a load of skinheads in worthing 40 odd years ago , 3 of the black lads were arrested , one was released , the other 2 were remanded to Lewes , i went to visit them , they were both black and blue but one fella in particular was unrecognisable , his face was swollen , and his eyes were reduced to slits , the screws said he fell off the chair in the police station ......it's nothing new , it's been going on for years...having said that the attitude of a lot of "yoof " towards authority is disgusting in itself so this appears to be a no win situation.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

prisons are full of people with undiagnosed issues and hospital rehab facilities are full of dementia sufferers , it's almost an insurmountable problem now because it's been allowed to get worse and worse for years and as you say the funding just isn't there.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
No to both, but did work in the Justice system before retirement, so going on experience.

Apologies my response was too cryptic. A little sub plot of the SWAT show pinpointed the exact issue that you rightfully brought up. Sadly mental health care is in a mess for many reasons and what we have is the situation where many people are actually ' mad rather than bad ' . A horrible expression but brings home the terrible situation. And all this has to be dealt with at many levels of the justice system

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with those saying ....

If a police officer has struck someone already restrained (for reasons of teaching him a lesson or whatever), they've committed a criminal offence and should be disciplined and sanctioned accordingly.

We have the right to expect that the police uphold the law, not break it. I accept there are provocations, and i'd be very happy to raise the sanctions for assaulting a police officer or resisting arrest, but we can't just accept that a copper will / should mete out summary justice as they see fit. That's not their job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here