Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Police officer using excessive force in Eastbourne!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
OK, just as an example, how would you deal with somebody who gobs a mouthful of full mucus filled saliva into your face? What would your reaction be if you were having a quiet pint and somebody did that to you? Maybe you just think they're paid to be gobbed on?

Just asking ................................... obviously you'd just laugh and say, well, that's just what they do .......

Spithood so he/she can be smothered in their own disgusting phlegm.

Face held in the gravel whilst the arrest is made, post - Rugby League tackle-esque, is fine too.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I am shocked, outraged and appalled. Is that the correct answer?

A criminal under arrest for doing something against the laws of England getting an extra little dig is fine with me. Don't do things wrong, then you won't get arrested - and these things won't happen. I can almost hear the snowflakes melting and sizzling right now, but I don't care.

Oh, and it makes zero difference to me wether he's black, white, yellow or green. Break the law and expect to be treated with the utmost respect and feeble restraint? Sorry, you gave a bit of that away when you broke the law pal.....

Policing in the 1970's stunk. Policing in the 2020's is pathetic. There's a middle ground somewhere in between and I think if we got to that then people would respect the Police again.

Walk down any street in Dubai with a £50k Rolex on at Midnight and you wouldn't get touched. Why? Because people fear the Police and what would happen if they got caught breaking the law. That's the extreme - and there's a middle ground.

We've swung too far the opposite way.

Flame me for this. Whatever.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jo i
OK, just as an example, how would you deal with somebody who gobs a mouthful of full mucus filled saliva into your face? What would your reaction be if you were having a quiet pint and somebody did that to you? Maybe you just think they're paid to be gobbed on?

Just asking ................................... obviously you'd just laugh and say, well, that's just what they do .......
NHS staff also get abused by morons do you see Doctor Jones getting a sly punch to the kidneys in?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

That's a ridiculous analogy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am shocked, outraged and appalled. Is that the correct answer?

A criminal under arrest for doing something against the laws of England getting an extra little dig is fine with me. Don't do things wrong, then you won't get arrested - and these things won't happen. I can almost hear the snowflakes melting and sizzling right now, but I don't care.

Oh, and it makes zero difference to me wether he's black, white, yellow or green. Break the law and expect to be treated with the utmost respect and feeble restraint? Sorry, you gave a bit of that away when you broke the law pal.....

Policing in the 1970's stunk. Policing in the 2020's is pathetic. There's a middle ground somewhere in between and I think if we got to that then people would respect the Police again.

Walk down any street in Dubai with a £50k Rolex on at Midnight and you wouldn't get touched. Why? Because people fear the Police and what would happen if they got caught breaking the law. That's the extreme - and there's a middle ground.

We've swung too far the opposite way.

Flame me for this. Whatever.

I’ve never had aggro with the police, instead they’ve been a great help whenever I needed them.

And I’ve helped them over the years, snitching on car thieves, people breaking shop windows to steal, tossers stealing from cars and drink drivers. Very satisfying, the **** breaking into cars got years behind bars (a repeat offender).

Only respect from me.

Some of the people who slag them off would have criminal records, at the very least arrested, some done for drink driving. Bitter for life. Diddums.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably adding more to it than you? I don't have an opinion on whether the incident was race related or not - maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I do, however, know that some people will want to make it so, whether it was or not.

It's already happened............................

If race is so irrelevant to you, why do you keep bringing it up? You’re discussing the subject in the Brazen shoplifting thread today as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am glad some people on here aren't making the laws about police procedure.

Luckily other people are and they are a little more measured.

I've not seen the footage so won't comment on this individual incident.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jo iNHS staff also get abused by morons do you see Doctor Jones getting a sly punch to the kidneys in?

I wouldn't report him, no. Are you the kind of pathetic apologist for bad behaviour that would stick up for the human rights of a c**t that got a well deserved smack? I'm sure you're not, but sadly if you were you would not be alone. Tolerance at all times, eh? Except if someone thinks different, of course...................

Morons have human rights, including the rights to be violent and abusive. Yep, that's about where many people stand. Sad.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guarantee you, those posters who are saying that a dig here and there is okay, would be outraged if it was a white female who had got that punch in the face.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If it’s a strike to defend or apprehend someone, fair enough. If it’s just to “teach a lesson”, it doesn’t work. It just builds division. That’s why it’s not accepted practice anymore.
It can make someone compliant in the here and now but it does a lot of damage in the long run.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The way you wrote your first post, as others have noted, says you do. The exclamation mark gives you away.

However, I sense you're probably just bored and spending the night getting some attention on the internet before bed.

Oh dear, some people do get hooked on their prejudices and stereotyping. Even mods. Your post is so wring on so many counts. Sad that you can't even see that. Not a good look really...................

Let's stick to facts. I have not seen the incident - neither online or in person at the scene. Therefore I do not have an opinion on whether it was justified or not, racially motivated or not. No opinion - it might have been all those things or none at all. I don't know, so I don't have an opinion. Is that so difficult to understand? Another fact: there are people out there (and some on here) who will make it their business to make sure it becomes a racial issue, whether it is or not.

No names, no pack drill.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The way you wrote your first post, as others have noted, says you do. The exclamation mark gives you away.

However, I sense you're probably just bored and spending the night getting some attention on the internet before bed.

Oh dear, some people do get hooked on their prejudices and stereotyping. Even mods. Your post is so wring on so many counts. Sad that you can't even see that. Not a good look really...................

Let's stick to facts. I have not seen the incident - neither online or in person at the scene. Therefore I do not have an opinion on whether it was justified or not, racially motivated or not. No opinion - it might have been all those things or none at all. I don't know, so I don't have an opinion. Is that so difficult to understand? Another fact: there are people out there (and some on here) who will make it their business to make sure it becomes a racial issue, whether it is or not.

No names, no pack drill.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

No names, no pack drill.

Could I ask to whom you are referring when you write “people out there who will make it their business to make sure it becomes a racial issue….” ?

Who is going to “…make it their business….”?

You also add “…whether it is or not”.

“…whether it is….”

Surely if it is a racial issue then somebody should “make it their business”, no?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely if it is a racial issue then somebody should “make it their business”, no?

Yes indeed, if it is, somebody certainly should; well, everybody should really; if he was hit because he is BAME it's disgraceful - but only if that is the case. If it isn't, and he's just a very lairy and offensive c**t making a right bloody nuisance of himself, nobody should try to bring race into it - but some will regardless. From your reply, you perhaps? If you don't recognise that trend in modern Britain*, you really are living with eyes shut tight.

* or on NSC. I think yu'll find a few kindred spirits................. :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes indeed, if it is, somebody certainly should; well, everybody should really; if he was hit because he is BAME it's disgraceful - but only if that is the case. If it isn't, and he's just a very lairy and offensive c**t making a right bloody nuisance of himself, nobody should try to bring race into it - but some will regardless. From your reply, you perhaps? If you don't recognise that trend in modern Britain*, you really are living with eyes shut tight.

* or on NSC. I think yu'll find a few kindred spirits................. :)

Are those the only two scenarios;

He was hit because he was BAME
or
He was hit because he was being lairy.

How about he was hit because the cop may have been using excessive force?

As for me bringing race into it, I’m not sure how you got that from my reply or why you have such an aggressive tone?

Your whole reply has a tone of “they’ll lock you up for saying you’re English” about it. There’s no need to be so defensive, I was asking a couple of simple questions.
I’ll try again..

Could I ask to whom you are referring when you write “people out there who will make it their business to make sure it becomes a racial issue….” ?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find it interesting that some seem to hold the opinion that if you break the law then the police are entitled to rough you up a bit. Rough justice and getting what you deserve etc

The tricky part comes with the fact that this notion in itself is illegal (excessive force etc). So where do people stand on the police who break the law by inflicting this rough justice. Surely they then become the law breakers and should face some consequence?

Or do we make it legal for individual police to dish out rough justice as they see fit?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Are those the only two scenarios;

He was hit because he was BAME
or
He was hit because he was being lairy.

How about he was hit because the cop may have been using excessive force?

As for me bringing race into it, I’m not sure how you got that from my reply or why you have such an aggressive tone?

Your whole reply has a tone of “they’ll lock you up for saying you’re English” about it. There’s no need to be so defensive, I was asking a couple of simple questions.
I’ll try again..

He'll reply to you after he's finished looking up the word 'whom' :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here