Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Police officer using excessive force in Eastbourne!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
To me it seems the police officer is breaking the law, but I guess you don't include police officers in the category of people who you feel should follow the laws?

Its also funny how some people percieve laws as some kind holy truth that should always be followed or otherwise you deserve to get your faced punched by a couple of police officers. Laws are created by governments, most of them shite, and quite often the laws are created to control and oppress people.

While it is truly fantastic that you can walk with your Rolex in Dubai, it is also arguably less fantastic that you can't hold hands with someone of the same gender without having your head chopped off. How do you feel about that? "Well, he broke the law...", "Don't do things wrong", "An extra little dig is fine with me".

I've never quite understood what kind of environments that create people who believe that every law is something that should and must be followed and that you can do anything you like to those who dont follow them. Quite often, one of the few laws they're not entirely happy with is the right to protest against laws.

Under new legislation, the police decide who can, and who cannot, protest. It's a mighty scary direction that we are moving in. The first job of all dictatorships / police states is to destroy all opposition. Take a look at Putin. If you are a Russian even calling the war on Ukraine a war is enough to get you ofted to Siberia.

I hold no truck with discrimination of any kind. The police do not have the right to assault anybody. End of.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No.I don't have an opinion.and your prejudicial stereotyping does you no credt at all. Calling someone on the internet that you dont know a liar is pretty despiccable too - I do not have n opinion, having not seen the incident, knowing nothing of the background or the events eading up to it etc. That is fact - yet you think you are entitled to tell me I'm lying. I'm not, but your attitude is offensive. Whether it was an issue of colour or not, you are one of those who will make sure it is now.

Oh, the hypocritical intolerance of tolerant people (tolerant until disagreed with, that is). I fully expect a torrent of self righteous abuse and character assassination from the likes of you now, so off to ignore you go.

Good riddance.

He's right though isn't he? You jump in two feet first saying "Oh you can be sure it will be!", then laughably claim you have "no idea or opinion".

Pulled up on it, you revert to type and start crying about it.

Here's a tip, if people are discussing something you don't know about, you don't need to join the conversation. You don't HAVE to reply to every thread on here.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
OK, just as an example, how would you deal with somebody who gobs a mouthful of full mucus filled saliva into your face? What would your reaction be if you were having a quiet pint and somebody did that to you? Maybe you just think they're paid to be gobbed on?

Just asking ................................... obviously you'd just laugh and say, well, that's just what they do .......

Obviously put him in handcuffs, get him on the floor, and then punch him in the head.
Personally, if this happened to me whilst having a quiet pint, and had my CS spray, Baton, Cuffs on me, a mate similarly equipped, the powers of arrest and a direct line to the Police Station where I could lock the shit up for a few hours and later charge him, I think I would just take him round the back of the pub and kick his head in, without checking that he wasn't someone who had tourettes, or was mentally ill, but we expect a bit better from those we give powers to.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve never had aggro with the police, instead they’ve been a great help whenever I needed them.

And I’ve helped them over the years, snitching on car thieves, people breaking shop windows to steal, tossers stealing from cars and drink drivers. Very satisfying, the **** breaking into cars got years behind bars (a repeat offender).

Only respect from me.

Some of the people who slag them off would have criminal records, at the very least arrested, some done for drink driving. Bitter for life. Diddums.

Prince Andrew didn't have a bad word about Jeffrey Epstein either.
Glad that you have only had positive experiences of the Police, mine has been more mixed, some good some bad, I generally think most Brighton fans are decent, but I do accept there are some wronguns too, and when they misbehave they give us all a bad name.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with those saying ....

If a police officer has struck someone already restrained (for reasons of teaching him a lesson or whatever), they've committed a criminal offence and should be disciplined and sanctioned accordingly.

We have the right to expect that the police uphold the law, not break it. I accept there are provocations, and i'd be very happy to raise the sanctions for assaulting a police officer or resisting arrest, but we can't just accept that a copper will / should mete out summary justice as they see fit. That's not their job

The police are given training on how to defuse a situation, so making an arrest should be easier. Obviously if someone is continuing to be obnoxious, they have to be restrained but the techniques are also taught. There are one or two bad apples and they taint all the decent coppers.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Funny you never see the full footage , I bet it’s different on the body worn camera , loads of twats out there , if not complying and just wants a free ride and starts mouthing off and hitting out then deserves all they get and the police officer has a right to defend themselves , such an underpaid job for what they have to put up with

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
only showed selective bits of the video.
Would you be posting this if the person was white??
I could show you lots of video's where white people are getting clouted by the Police

In the local area, very recently?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Funny you never see the full footage , I bet it’s different on the body worn camera , loads of twats out there , if not complying and just wants a free ride and starts mouthing off and hitting out then deserves all they get and the police officer has a right to defend themselves , such an underpaid job for what they have to put up with

And that's why you'd be unsuitable for the police force! :ffsparr:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

A binary argument about the Police gets us nowhere.

The Met are under special measures for a very good reason, they've been utter turd for years. I'm sure Sussex Police are superb, but generally they don't go round beating up people (and much worse), tipping off tabloid journalists for a bit of cash in hand and cover up years of numerous scandals.

In fact you can have a conversion with anyone from Sussex Police and I'm sure they have a story about the Met.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The police are given training on how to defuse a situation, so making an arrest should be easier. Obviously if someone is continuing to be obnoxious, they have to be restrained but the techniques are also taught. There are one or two bad apples and they taint all the decent coppers.

What is not clear in this case is whether, despite the fact they appear to have him restrained, are the cuffs actually on?

Sure it will all come out when the bodycam footage is released.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Prince Andrew didn't have a bad word about Jeffrey Epstein either.
Glad that you have only had positive experiences of the Police, mine has been more mixed, some good some bad, I generally think most Brighton fans are decent, but I do accept there are some wronguns too, and when they misbehave they give us all a bad name.

Some rotten apples, but far fewer than in the police of old (thuggery, out and out corruption with criminals eg mates with family of the killers of Stephen Lawrence).

The overwhelming majority of police officers in this country do a great job, for modest pay, facing daily spitting cowards-punch scum high on Cocaine, they pick up the pieces of horrific car crashes and family tragedies.

To use your analogy, why condemn the Albion fanbase due to a few people looking for violence?

No need to condemn a profession.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Being arrested does not mean you are a criminal for the Police to abuse.

If you've been arrested and you know you're innocent, you go calmly and quietly and follow the process. What do you have to fear?

Only when you physically resist arrest and fight back do you deserve to get one back, and possibly an extra one if you're being a dick.

As for quoting Bissouma you're not going to steam into his house and start slapping him up on suspicion of something which happened in the recent past, are you? In that case, it's suspicion - and there's no heat of the moment.

In this instance it was live, happening in real time, and that's very different in my opinion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He's right though isn't he? You jump in two feet first saying "Oh you can be sure it will be!", then laughably claim you have "no idea or opinion".

Pulled up on it, you revert to type and start crying about it.

Here's a tip, if people are discussing something you don't know about, you don't need to join the conversation. You don't HAVE to reply to every thread on here.

i'd refer you to your final sentence.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Some rotten apples, but far fewer than in the police of old (thuggery, out and out corruption with criminals eg mates with family of the killers of Stephen Lawrence).

The overwhelming majority of police officers in this country do a great job, for modest pay, facing daily spitting cowards-punch scum high on Cocaine, they pick up the pieces of horrific car crashes and family tragedies.

To use your analogy, why condemn the Albion fanbase due to a few people looking for violence?

No need to condemn a profession.

If you don't get rid of the bad apples, they spoil the whole barrel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tell your story, I told mine.

What exactly did Sussex Police do that was so wrong all those years ago, that means you cannot respect the profession in 2022 in this part of the world?

I have not said I cannot, or even don't respect the profession, I just don't automatically respect someone in the uniform, and I don't get the blind faith that a copper that has lashed out was justified in doing so.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here