Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Police officer using excessive force in Eastbourne!

D

Deleted member 2719

Coppers in 1970s North Stand used to put a small coin in the finger tip of their leather glove and clip you on the head if they saw you pushing, etc. no one complained and it worked.

Yeah, it was no different from taking a whack from the Headmaster if you misbehaved.

These kids need proper calming most of the time and if a little punch slows them up and gains some respect so be it, IMO.

Of course, I am saying this without seeing the said incident, so I may or may not change my mind, excessive force always seems to have a fine line, I would rather the police step over it to stay in control rather than tickle the lad in question.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Dont know about this case but we are lucky our police dont for eg react the same as Italian and French police

Yeah, it was no different from taking a whack from the Headmaster if you misbehaved.

These kids need proper calming most of the time and if a little punch slows them up and gains some respect so be it, IMO.

Of course, I am saying this without seeing the said incident, so I may or may not change my mind, excessive force always seems to have a fine line, I would rather the police step over it to stay in control rather than tickle the lad in question.

Policeman drove over and killed a suspected drug dealer in Peacehaven last month. Wasn't suspended.
Our boys in blue are doing there best.

D

Deleted member 2719

Policeman drove over and killed a suspected drug dealer in Peacehaven last month. Wasn't suspended.
Our boys in blue are doing there best.

Didn't hear about this, why didn't they suspend him then?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, seen it now. Not good. The guy is fully restrained, on the floor. No real resistance capability. Policeman socks him one in the head.

The ‘pinching’ is very difficult to prove indeed. Even then, was it sufficient for the officer to smack the guy in the head?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Point taken it was a flippant remark. I just think some people need a reality check in this country when they constantly moan about the police, compared to the vast majority of other countries our police are pretty good and are not responsible for hundreds or even thousands of deaths unlike many places

Totally agree. I'm often a big defender of our police who do an unenviable job in sometimes incredibly stressed and dangerous situations. And all the while some scrote is looking to dish it out then cry foul when it all goes pear shaped. And who would want to be an armed response officer?

I guess why this shocked me was ostensible it looks really bad and this is in my little home town unlike a city liked Brighton.

As an aside some other posters have focussed on the pinching. May I suggest you are in wrong job if pinching is such a big deal and how is a punch to the head proportionate?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So they’ve finally apprehended ‘The Eastbourne Pincher’

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

In a shocking turn of events, Mouldy Boots likes that the the powerful guy beat up the powerless guy.

D

Deleted member 2719

This doesnt really help. Until there has been a fully inquiry you or I can't really comment on this case can we?

In a shocking turn of events, Mouldy Boots likes that the the powerful guy beat up the powerless guy.
Clearly you are a fully paid up member of the snowflake generation, you seem to love to hate the police and love to cause havoc, by buying up endless supplies of Cyanoacrylate so you can glue yourself to anything to give yourself a hard on.

Maybe one day when you age a bit, you will realise all this snowflakery has all gone too far.

I don't mean that to patronise, its just experience in these things that can only help you understand the really full picture.

Discipline all the way to melt the snowflakes and get control of our country again.

Not that you should worry, please use your energy to help Sweden.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never understood why the Police feel the need to punch anyone. I saw them punch a man full in the stomach outside my flat in Clapham once, while he was already fully restrained against a wall.

I presume they needed a quick way to get him on the floor, it worked.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This doesnt really help. Until there has been a fully inquiry you or I can't really comment on this case can we?

Clearly you are a fully paid up member of the snowflake generation, you seem to love to hate the police and love to cause havoc, by buying up endless supplies of Cyanoacrylate so you can glue yourself to anything to give yourself a hard on.

Maybe one day when you age a bit, you will realise all this snowflakery has all gone too far.

I don't mean that to patronise, its just experience in these things that can only help you understand the really full picture.

Discipline all the way to melt the snowflakes and get control of our country again.

Not that you should worry, please use your energy to help Sweden.

In my opinion those who spread their arses any time anyone with power tags along are the true snowflakes, melting under the thought of having a baton shoved up there.

Being against strikes, against protests, against social justice, against civil obedience really doesn't make you some sort of hardman. It makes you submissive. Which is obviously something you're allowed to be - we're all different - but thank **** there's people strong enough to think independently and stand up against those in society who are abusing their powers.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Doesn't look good . Why the headline saying a black man ? Would it say a white man? It's shocking footage from those pictures whoever it is .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I already have commented and so have you. A policeman ran someone over on the A259. Whilst just alive the police handcuffed him as he died.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

:ffsparr:

D

Deleted member 2719

In my opinion those who spread their arses any time anyone with power tags along are the true snowflakes, melting under the thought of having a baton shoved up there.

Being against strikes, against protests, against social justice, against civil obedience really doesn't make you some sort of hardman. It makes you submissive. Which is obviously something you're allowed to be - we're all different - but thank **** there's people strong enough to think independently and stand up against those in society who are abusing their powers.

The reason I do not like strikes?
Because the vast majority are not worthy imo. They just breed more strikes again which are not worthy imo.
There is always something a worker can complain about, and there is always a union man there to wind up the situation.
Most people I know who work with union support are on far better deals than the general private sector, yet still they bleat on.
Back on topic do the police generally abuse their powers or do you occasionally get a bad egg?
I believe the police job has to be up there with the most challenging jobs, yet the media are just there to vilify them, you never here of all the great work they do.
The media are a notch above all as the real scum imo.
The negative hate from the media is appalling, the young or gullible suck up all their negative energy, and spread it through social media causing an anxiety bomb that effectively is every bit as harmful as a real physical bomb.
The police are the good guys, aren't they?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Doesn't look good . Why the headline saying a black man ? Would it say a white man? It's shocking footage from those pictures whoever it is .[/QUOTEp!]

There's no headline. It's shocking full stop based on what we know so far. The emphasis on it being a black man is the obvious issue of potential racism and recent history suggests that the fall out from such incidents is potentially greater.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You clearly do have an opinion and it doesn't paint you in a good light, I'm afraid.

No.I don't have an opinion.and your prejudicial stereotyping does you no credt at all. Calling someone on the internet that you dont know a liar is pretty despiccable too - I do not have n opinion, having not seen the incident, knowing nothing of the background or the events eading up to it etc. That is fact - yet you think you are entitled to tell me I'm lying. I'm not, but your attitude is offensive. Whether it was an issue of colour or not, you are one of those who will make sure it is now.

Oh, the hypocritical intolerance of tolerant people (tolerant until disagreed with, that is). I fully expect a torrent of self righteous abuse and character assassination from the likes of you now, so off to ignore you go.

Good riddance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here