Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pllease someone bid 2 mill for cms

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
It's the way we play, it does not get the best out of him.

We need to play on the front foot a bit more and play balls in the channels for him (on the floor).

goodoldsussexbythesea

North Stand STH
Sep 2, 2011
Westdene
f***ing moron, even though CMS isn't exactly banging in 4 goals a game, he puts a shift in, puts pressure on defenders + their keeper, I could go on about how powerful he is etc etc etc but I can't even be arsed to explain to someone as clueless as yourself.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Minky winky tinky poom poom la dee wanky tum tum gibby gabby lonky ponky slavan Bilic catawang cranky chanky polar cat !
Sloopy woopy hoof nay gilly mot Charrrrrrrrn !!!!!!
Is that as mental as what you just said ?? YOU LOONY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CMS scored the penalty to take us to a lucrative tie against Newcastle United so lick my hairy ballsack.

HA HA HA HA HA !!! I love abuse like that !!! Go onnnnn. !!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The thread headline was a bit sensationalist and people are ploughing in with abuse. The o.p has a point though. Gus said that he would build a team around him but he's playing him in areas that he's not comfortable in, they kept saying on 5 live that he looked uncomfortable and kept desperately looking at Gus for inspiration. Once we've got rid of this horrendous injury list and Gus feels comfortable with tactics in this division, Craigsy will be a star, defo don't get rid.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Whay dont we get anyone slating 5 live now for not posting positive remarks about CMS? Some people just dont know how to react and respond properly to debatable points. Swearing is all they can muster as a response.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
It worries me that so many fans on here don't seem to have a clue, try watching the game without your Cms tinted glasses on.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
CMS will still get 15 league goals this season. He is one of our best assets.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
The OP has half a point, i have yet to see CMS get the service he needs...BUT I have said it before and ill say it again:

Gus signed Buckley, CMS and hoskins in the summer for significant money. Now all 3 are fit hopefully we will see the system to get the best from them. Gus must have a plan. These things take time.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can see where the OP is coming from but I think you are over reacting a bit, strikers are notorious for settling in slowly and I do agree that we are struggling to play in a way to make the most of CMS but you cannot fault his skill or effort. I also think if we had a settled team of first choices from the start of the season then we would not be having this conversation but I do think he should be dropped for a couple of games too. I think there are several players we are not making the most of but we cannot sell everyone who does not fit in from the start. Remember this is a long term plan not a quick fix it will take time to get all the part synched if he is the same next year then fair play but he clearly has the skill and ability we desperately need that link between defence and attack and to release the forwards quicker.

As long as we are safe this year I am happy to wait.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CMS is definitely having a confidence crises, talk of service and systems is masking the fact as an individual he is struggling whether finding space, killing the ball with his first touch, finding team mates, or getting a shot off. All strikers go through these periods and it's down to the coaching and manager to work out how to get him back to his best. Perhaps a rest on the bench would actually help take the pressure off him. He's got 1 goal in 18 games, and it must be getting to him, others have commented how you can tell from his body language he's not the same player as last autumn.

I hope he starts to get his mojo back, because with Buckley, Sparrow, Bridcutt in great form, Lua Lua coming back, Hoskins fit, Vicente perhaps ready to play a part, we could be treated to an even more exciting 2nd half of the season, with CMS at the heart of it.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Gus likes to play 433, the blueprint for that formation is pace out wide ie noone / Buckley/ kaz and a someone through the middle with a presence and comfortable with his bck to goal. If you look at successful teams playing that formation let's take Chelsea they have drogba and lets take Swansea they have Danny Graham. And I'm sorry to say Cms is not in the same mould.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
CMS is definitely having a confidence crises, talk of service and systems is masking the fact as an individual he is struggling whether finding space, killing the ball with his first touch, finding team mates, or getting a shot off. All strikers go through these periods and it's down to the coaching and manager to work out how to get him back to his best. Perhaps a rest on the bench would actually help take the pressure off him. He's got 1 goal in 18 games, and it must be getting to him, others have commented how you can tell from his body language he's not the same player as last autumn.

I hope he starts to get his mojo back, because with Buckley, Sparrow, Bridcutt in great form, Lua Lua coming back, Hoskins fit, Vicente perhaps ready to play a part, we could be treated to an even more exciting 2nd half of the season, with CMS at the heart of it.

This

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Gus likes to play 433, the blueprint for that formation is pace out wide ie noone / Buckley/ kaz and a someone through the middle with a presence and comfortable with his bck to goal. If you look at successful teams playing that formation let's take Chelsea they have drogba and lets take Swansea they have Danny Graham. And I'm sorry to say Cms is not in the same mould.

This is true. Although rooney plays as the focal point of a 433 for united alot of the time.

But Gus bought CMS, for a record fee, and players to play around him...he hasn't inherited him and is trying to make the best of it. There must be a plan of some description.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is true. Although rooney plays as the focal point of a 433 for united alot of the time.

But Gus bought CMS, for a record fee, and players to play around him...he hasn't inherited him and is trying to make the best of it. There must be a plan of some description.

I won't get into a punch up over it but these past few weeks I've been thinking it's either the absence of a target man up front, or more likely the lack of a bossing midfielder that can run with the ball and slot it through for CMS to latch on to. Reckon Gus might've got Billy to see if it was the former and it wasn't so I'm defo back to the need for a fella to play behind him. Imagine that's the Vicente idea and maybe he even got Harley thinking that although he's way off what's needed.

I don't think it's about settling in and our burst at the beginning of the season is long gone. CMS is missing something (defo not ability) and hopefully it'll get fixed sooner rather than later 'cos if it does I can see us really challenging

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here