Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Palace are after

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Including Patrick Agyemang, Izale Mcleod and Chris Iwelumo.

Christ :lolol:

Preparing life for League 1 already I see !

Two questions.....

Firstly, what do you plan to post about when the transfer window closes?

Secondly, do you reckon you'll get one right between now and then?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The desperately sad thing for Palace is that the money they get in from their "world class superstar" youth is desperately needed to plug the massive hole in their balance sheet. Sustaining a Champ club on just over 8k season ticket holders and praying the away fans turn up is no sound model.

If they are spending big you'd have to worry for them long term financially and if they dont you have to worry about their squad.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Must admit, pretty poor considering the players that posters on here think you're going to sign, Heskey, Owen, Frimpong........and even Raul I just read..........really :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You're talking message board gossip which is completely different to delusion which you guys suffer from in bucket loads!

Oh and Ambrose isn't going for £1 mil I the blues as they haven't got £1 mil to spend!!! Donut!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Must admit, pretty poor considering the players that posters on here think you're going to sign, Heskey, Owen, Frimpong........and even Raul I just read..........really :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Instead we HAVE got four players with Champions league experience (although admittedly we already had one who has come back again)

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
6 threads started by one person on the same day is this a NSC record most of em about palace :yawn:

lol simple don't read them then
hmm.gif

Feb 14, 2010
Facts are that Palace get between 12,000 to 14000 for an average game and that includes freebies. They get more when a big team with a big away support rolls into town which helps their average gates a bit. They have therefore to cut their cloth accordingly unless they over spend and end up in administration.. oh, this thread must be wrong as past history shows that there is no way that Palace will live within their means

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought wigan rejected a 3.5 million bid? So a 5 million bid looks likely to he accepted?

But I suppose 20% of 5 million is 4 million like someone stated on here

Taxpayers money at its best

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Ambrose deal TOTALLED £1m, in terms of the cost to Birmingham.

£250k to Palace. The rest is agents fees and wages over the length of the contract.

Palace are NOT getting £1m.

And Lee Hills is a young player that Palace RELEASED, at the end of his contract. Accordingly they will NOT be seeing any compensation, for his free signing to Stevenage.

So his figures for Clyne and Scannell are probably similar bullshit.

The Ambrose deal TOTALLED £1m, in terms of the cost to Birmingham.

£250 to Palace. The rest is agnets fees and wages over the length of the contract.

Palace are NOT getting £1m.

And Lee Hills is a young player that Palace RELEASED, at the end of his contract. Accordingly they will NOT be seeing any compensation, for his free signing to Stevenage.

So his figures for Clyne and Scannell are probably similar bullshit.

To be fair, I would have negotiated a bit more than 250 quid for Ambrose.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Izale McLeod is on trial at Portsmouth and is flying out to Spain with them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£1m for Ambrose

Compensation for Lee Hills

The '£1m' Birmingham are spending includes his WAGES over the contract. You are getting £250k.

And you RELEASED Hills, so are entitled to no compensation.

Please stop telling lies.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Two questions.....

Firstly, what do you plan to post about when the transfer window closes?

Secondly, do you reckon you'll get one right between now and then?

Get what right?

We were clearly after Ribas so if you're calling me a liar about that then you're thick as shit.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
6 threads started by one person on the same day is this a NSC record most of em about palace :yawn:

Awkward moment when there's only one thread started by me about Palace yesterday ....

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Awkward moment when there's only one thread started by me about Palace yesterday ....

Cant you just leave?, go to bbs or something. You will fit in there. You start more palace threads on here than they do on their own board

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, Baxter has effectively been kicked out by Everton due to his bad attitude/behaviour, so he's going to "love" the idea of joining just about any club, isn't he?

Maybe he just needs a fresh start, but his career so far has been a disappointment, as most Everton fans will tell you.

Magwitch Gull

Nov 19, 2011
What I don't understand is how they manage to "attract" ANY players given the environs of the club. How any human being in their right mind would want to live in or around the croydon area completely escapes me. Its an absolute shithole with no redeeming features at all?!!

Historically Croydon was a part of Surrey, at the time of the Norman conquest of England as recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. Croydon has become the second-largest place to shop in the south east, Croydon has many high density buildings, and is considered to be London's third main CBD, after the Square Mile and the Docklands, and South London's main business centre.

The ancient settlement of Brighthelmstone emerged as a health resort featuring sea bathing during the 18th century and became a destination for day-trippers from London after the arrival of the railway in 1841. Brighton has a clocktower!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here