Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
forster - top goal scorer, if he'd been on the pitch i'd like to think he'd of continued good form

crofts - scored a few goals, played most games under GP and slade

bennett - for a young guy whos just started playing in this league he's done tremendous, even if he hasn't been amazingly consistent..

although its a hard choice, dicker could be in there cus he aint done bad but aint scored the goals croftsy has, calderon could easily be in there been shit hot just not had him long enough... hawkins, graeme smith, gav hoyte lol the list goes on.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Seems like there's general agreement at the moment that it's probably between Crofts or Dicker with possibly Calderon and Bennett in with a shout.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
0,,10433~8160327,00.jpg

:love:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Perspective from a distance, and having only seen 1 game on tv this season......From all I've read and heard it seesm like Croft should get the vote. He's taken over as captain in very difficult circumstances, scored a number of crucial goals and seems to have contributed positively in every game he's played. On top of that his national coach has noticed him to the extent that he's back in the squad. Finally, Gus seems to think he's critical to the team, which goes a long way with me.
Calderon sounds like he's been the best for the games he's played but surely that's not enough games to win the award?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
forster - top goal scorer, if he'd been on the pitch i'd like to think he'd of continued good form

crofts - scored a few goals, played most games under GP and slade

bennett - for a young guy whos just started playing in this league he's done tremendous, even if he hasn't been amazingly consistent..

although its a hard choice, dicker could be in there cus he aint done bad but aint scored the goals croftsy has, calderon could easily be in there been shit hot just not had him long enough... hawkins, graeme smith, gav hoyte lol the list goes on.
:facepalm:
If you are fishing then consider me well and truly hooked, if not you must be having a laugh - he totally disrupted the main game at a critical time in Gus' getting the team playing how he wanted, surely not.....

Stumpy Tim

Perspective from a distance, and having only seen 1 game on tv this season......From all I've read and heard it seesm like Croft should get the vote. He's taken over as captain in very difficult circumstances, scored a number of crucial goals and seems to have contributed positively in every game he's played. On top of that his national coach has noticed him to the extent that he's back in the squad. Finally, Gus seems to think he's critical to the team, which goes a long way with me.
Calderon sounds like he's been the best for the games he's played but surely that's not enough games to win the award?

This

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Diego Arismendi

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Behave, every time he's on the ball he looks so composed. How can you not see it? For example yesterday when he picked up the ball in his own half, right on the touchline and with his back to goal, he feinted as if to play a risky pass across the back four, before dragging his foot back and turning his man up the line and pushing on. If anything, I'd say he's been extremely goal shy despite the fact he scored a 'wonder goal' the other week. We've hardly been showered with free scoring central midfielders in recent years anyway, so to have Crofts score about six this season is a luxury!

Gary Dicker is the kind of player we need in our squad. Very reliable, always demanding the ball from the back four and has from what I've seen linked up well with LuaLua by releasing him early.

Sums him and Crofts up pretty well! I think Crofts will get my vote though. Not a lot was expected from him (TCB springs to mind in being the less optimistic about him!) but he's come clean and has got his head down and kept cool when all about him others were losing theres. During our goal drought he scored, he doesn't stop running, and more importantly, when our attack breaks down, he'll do his damnedst to win the ball back while we have players in attack and play a pass.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
El-Abd will never win it, these things tend to be just as much of a popularity contest as a judge of our best player over the season. I'm not saying he necessarily should be however I can't help but find it slightly funny that his name is actually being mentioned seriously, and rightly so, it's testament to his vast improvement under Poyet.

For me, it's got to be Dicker followed by Forster and Crofts.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
For me it is between El Abd and Calderon. For Calde to get it, he would need to start pretty much every game we have left. However, he has simply been a revelation at Right Back.

El Abd has been fantastic since Gus took over - what difference a manager makes. El Abd has shown promise but never really delivered under several managers, apart from an excellent 1/4 season spell under Wilkins. Under Poyet, El Abd has been like a new signing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If he's played enough games to qualify for it, then Calderon.

If he hasn't, then Crofts.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's been like two seasons really hasn't it. Pre and Post Gus.

Given that no one covered themselves in glory pre-Gus bar Forster possibly, the award is likely to go to a player who has been playing well since November.

For me, Crofts is up there. I've been incredibly impressed. Calderon has been brilliant but is January too late to be added to the mix? Not Dicker for me - too inconsistent (but improving). Tommy Elphick has improved hand over fist, but isn't at the level of those named above. And my personal favourite - Imelda Painter. Solid, reliable, calm. But I couldn't vote for a Swansea player.

Biggest dud of the season (amongst many)? Gavin Hoyte. What a shame.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
El-Abd will never win it, these things tend to be just as much of a popularity contest as a judge of our best player over the season. I'm not saying he necessarily should be however I can't help but find it slightly funny that his name is actually being mentioned seriously, and rightly so, it's testament to his vast improvement under Poyet.

He's got his own song now. That's the equivalent of winning a Golden Globe, should put you in the running for an Oscar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here