Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That rule has been about for years.

has it? id NEVER heard of it before. if that is the case, then they obviously felt the need to publicise it to a far greater level than before due to KNOWING that there was a strong chance once of the big players in the end-of-season revival could have ended up taking the prize

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Behave, every time he's on the ball he looks so composed. How can you not see it? For example yesterday when he picked up the ball in his own half, right on the touchline and with his back to goal, he feinted as if to play a risky pass across the back four, before dragging his foot back and turning his man up the line and pushing on. If anything, I'd say he's been extremely goal shy despite the fact he scored a 'wonder goal' the other week. We've hardly been showered with free scoring central midfielders in recent years anyway, so to have Crofts score about six this season is a luxury!

Gary Dicker is the kind of player we need in our squad. Very reliable, always demanding the ball from the back four and has from what I've seen linked up well with LuaLua by releasing him early.

Quality post. IMHO, like :clap:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Behave, every time he's on the ball he looks so composed. How can you not see it? For example yesterday when he picked up the ball in his own half, right on the touchline and with his back to goal, he feinted as if to play a risky pass across the back four, before dragging his foot back and turning his man up the line and pushing on. If anything, I'd say he's been extremely goal shy despite the fact he scored a 'wonder goal' the other week. We've hardly been showered with free scoring central midfielders in recent years anyway, so to have Crofts score about six this season is a luxury!

Gary Dicker is the kind of player we need in our squad. Very reliable, always demanding the ball from the back four and has from what I've seen linked up well with LuaLua by releasing him early.

So basically he plays simple passes well? Doesn't score many, isn't great at defending, doesn't set many goals up and is average in the air but because he plays a simple pass he is our best player?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
EVERYONE - Vote Hawkins, Only 2 mistakes all season :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So basically he plays simple passes well? Doesn't score many, isn't great at defending, doesn't set many goals up and is average in the air but because he plays a simple pass he is our best player?

Suspect you're going to end up looking a bit stupid here as soon as the poll is posted. Maybe time to stop digging the hole? :lol:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

Not what I'm saying at all, although I do certainly think playing simple passes is one of his main attributes, and it's definitely something we have lacked for a long time.

Out of interest, who would you put forward? I think the term 'best of a bad bunch' actually sums up the situation quite nicely.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Suspect you're going to end up looking a bit stupid here as soon as the poll is posted :lol:

I'm just asking what it is he does that has everyone proclaiming himto be our best play 'by a country mile'. So far I have that he plays simple passes, anything else I'm missing?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not what I'm saying at all, although I do certainly think playing simple passes is one of his main attributes, and it's definitely something we have lacked for a long time.

Out of interest, who would you put forward? I think the term 'best of a bad bunch' actually sums up the situation quite nicely.

Crofts and Calderon so far, but there's a long way to go. As I said above no one has been consistant other than those 2 and perhaps Painter

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Crofts, nothing special but has been consistent. Everyone else has been better in patches (some in very small patches) but none have delivered as much as crofts. Not much of a selection if i'm honest though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here