Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Contracts Announced At Last

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dies Irae said:
1. You told me they had that clause in their contract
I never said any such thing. Someone else may have told you that, but it wasn't me, because I don't know.

Dies Irae said:
2. Yes it does....if you are unhappy by the manager not using your abilities to the best you believe is possible, you leave.
No, that's the sort of attitude I would expect from Leon Knight, and lo and behold we got it - in spades. How do you know they're unhappy enough to want to leave? If you are a model professional footballer, which thankfully Frutos and Carole are, you stick around, work harder and try and win your place back. Just because there are morons on here who think McGhee doesn't talk to his players about why he is picking someone else, it doesn't follow that it doesn't happen.

For what it's worth, I thought Carole wasn't playing as well for the last ten or so games last season as he was for the previous 36.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Arrid
I think you have just banged the final nail in your own coffin. As someone who wants to approach next season with very little experience in the first team, and play with no players over the age of 23, none of whom can be considered real leaders will surely propel us to another level.

Your lack of tactics, enthusiasm & player acquisition skills are astounding well done!

Oh dear,

A good manager would have been improving playing staff as they went along.
A good manager would have developed the younger talent (CKR/Hammond for example have barely improved as individuals over the season).
A good manager would have established some sort of scouting infrastructure the minute he realised one wasn't in place.
A good manager just has the natural ability/common sense.

And LI whom led when Oatway was injured, Butters?Mayo?Chippy? I think not!

You can't just leave it to the end of the season, sign the old boys network and call it signing experience, you have to develop and improve all the time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Arrid said:
Oh dear,

A good manager would have developed the younger talent (CKR/Hammond for example have barely improved as individuals over the season).
A good manager would have established some sort of scouting infrastructure the minute he realised one wasn't in place.
A good manager just has the natural ability/common sense.

And LI whom led when Oatway was injured, Butters?Mayo?Chippy? I think not!

You can't just leave it to the end of the season, sign the old boys network and call it signing experience, you have to develop and improve all the time.
Poor response. Questions, questions, questions, but you have not yet come up with one answer.

Plenty of players have improved over the season - CKR, El-Abd, Hart, Reid, Lynch, Gatting etc etc. YOU might not think they've improved - I do. And that perception of negativity is your problem, don't try and make it mine. We had a scouting infrastructure, it has now just been firmed up with a full-time scout. Previously everyone did scouting, and will probably continue to do so. What you DON'T do is you don't f*** about mid-season. McGhee has an excellent track record, natural ability and common sense - it's just that he operates them beyond your wit.

What's an 'old boys network'? You catch-all phrase for signing older players that you don't like? Of course, if you want to play the season with kids, you do that, but watch us plummet fast. And who was your choice of skipper when Oatway was injured? You slag off Butters, Carpenter and Mayo for their leadership skills, but you don't give an answer. So give me an answer.

And don't you f***ing DARE call me LI.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Arrid said:

I am not an MM outer but I agree with those statements in the sense that they are all problems of MM's management. I do feel that in other areas he has done well.

Last edited:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Poor response. Questions, questions, questions, but you have not yet come up with one answer.

Plenty of players have improved over the season - CKR, El-Abd, Hart, Reid, Lynch, Gatting etc etc. YOU might not think they've improved - I do. And that perception of negativity is your problem, don't try and make it mine. We had a scouting infrastructure, it has now just been firmed up with a full-time scout. Previously everyone did scouting, and will probably continue to do so. What you DON'T do is you don't f*** about mid-season. McGhee has an excellent track record, natural ability and common sense - it's just that he operates them beyond your wit.

What's an 'old boys network'? You catch-all phrase for signing older players that you don't like? Of course, if you want to play the season with kids, you do that, but watch us plummet fast. And who was your choice of skipper when Oatway was injured? You slag off Butters, Carpenter and Mayo for their leadership skills, but you don't give an answer. So give me an answer.

And don't you f***ing DARE call me LI.

I', bored now, but in short not sure he really contributed to Lynch, Gatting improvement to pick just two (he stumbled across Lynch after trying El-abd, Reid & mayo at left back).
In fact I like Chippy and dislike the flack he has been getting on here, but in all honesty due to injuries I included him in my general apprasial of signing the older players.

I'm not paid to come up with the answers but its not my fault the team was void of a leader for most of the season. The answer is to go and find a leader perhaps from lower league(Ady Boothroyd, Micky Adams style).
Who said anything about f+@k+}g about mid season?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah, the ultimate cop-out. Find plenty to criticise, but don't bother trying to find solutions.

You acknowledge that Lynch and Gatting have improved, but you're not prepared to give any credit to McGhee for giving them their chance. He didn't 'stumble' across Lynch, he worked closely with the rest of the management team to bring Lynch through. But I suspect that kind of praise for all concerned is beyond you.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Ah, the ultimate cop-out. Find plenty to criticise, but don't bother trying to find solutions.

You acknowledge that Lynch and Gatting have improved, but you're not prepared to give any credit to McGhee for giving them their chance. He didn't 'stumble' across Lynch, he worked closely with the rest of the management team to bring Lynch through. But I suspect that kind of praise for all concerned is beyond you.

Blimey, I've got less irritating ants who won't die with ant powder in my house than you!

With the grace of god you'll be right and I wrong and we can all enjoy a season at the right end of the table.

You win LI, I cop-out as you say.

How do you know he worked closely with Joel Lynch?
What was your opinion of the Jeff Wood appointment as BHA manager?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not too disapointed with these decisions...

I would have kept Guy, Charlie, OGH, but not Chippy, who is so obviously well-past his sell-by date... would have kept Alexis and worked to develop his (again) obvious potential instead...

IMHO, Mayo lacks the pace to even compete in league 1, and his distribution is poor... I hope he refuses to accept his new deal, but I am pretty sure he won't; which other club would be interested at our new level or higher?... none, methinks...

I'm also very pleased we've closed the El Turi saga; what a major fcuk-up that was... second only to the appointment of Wood and Tinselhead as cheap 1st-team managers...

Overall, tho', this is good, since it will enable us to sign new players... the question now is: "Can MM actually sign the players we target?"... fingers-crossed... you never know... miracles do sometimes happen... :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
TLO is LI in disguise

That is the best one I have heard on here.....LOL

1 hour to go:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And a special mention to Dick for saying that he would resolve this by Wed last week... only 1 week and 1 day late... well done!... you're certainly getting quicker!... :clap: :lolol:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Jimmy Saville said:
I don't accept that at all. We had a limited amount of cash and we squandered it on an unproven Argentinian who could not speak the language, had never lived here (so chances were he would have trouble adapting) and had played a very unimpressive 45 minutes against Lewes. His goalscoring record overseas was shit.

It's no good whinging about a lack of funds when you piss what you have up the wall. Players like Marlon King were on the market at the start of last season (he went to Watford for big bucks when he had scored goals there on loan).

We couldn't afford to gamble on El Turi, the same happened with Molango. It really is piss poor and MM is fully accountable.

NOW THAT IS SPOT ON

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Jimmy Saville said:

Yes, every manager makes mistakes, but i just don't understand why we seem to have taken such wild stabs in the dark.

Wish someone wold stab MM in the dark :angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here