Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Contracts Announced At Last

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dies Irae said:
also an interesting point as MM thought Carole not good enough in the run in to play in the most important games we have had for a long time and he took Frutee off any chance he had.

I am not sure I would have wanted to stay around.

Perhaps ! but they both seemed to run out of steam once the weather got cold and the pitches bogged down so they were probably glad of the rest.

I personally think it is a luxury to play both of them but certainly one or the other should cause league 1 defences plenty of problems.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you are very angry this morning Alan.

I would hardly call it "flouncing" if you chose to take your skills elsewhere where a manager would possible utilise your skills to better effect.

If that was called flouncing, then the labour market would remain static with everyone stuck in a position they hated.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hadlee said:
£200k for a Championship Striker is dirt cheap ! there is no way we could have afforded a player of Marlon King's ability.

I agree MM is fully accountable, but every Manager makes mistakes like that.

Marlon King went for £500k, but only after scoring a bundle in the first few weeks of the season whilst on loan, thus inflating his value. We could have probably got him for £200k prior to his spell at Watford.

Yes, every manager makes mistakes, but i just don't understand why we seem to have taken such wild stabs in the dark.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, Dave, you're making out that they would want to leave (or rather, you would want to leave if it happened to you given the same scenario) because they had been dropped or substituted. To me, that's not very professional.

Anynway, they want to stay. Apparently, they rather like it here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No i wasn't...I said I was surprised they are still here considering they have a get out clause and that they would have ample evidence of the way MM thinks they play by his constant dropping and substituting of them when at times Carpenter and Hammond should have been the ones getting the heave ho.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
vulture said:
My 2 pence worth

Butters should of got 3 months
Oatway should of got 2 years

Why should Guy have got three months? Has he not been one of our most consistent performers at a higher level? Surely three months would be appropriate for someone with something to prove????

Oatway is of a similar age and has a serious injury. Why would you give him two years.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Great to see chippy and tank get another year, shame to see Alexis go, but the ebst news of all, the trolley is going at last, useless so called footballer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dies Irae said:
No i wasn't...I said I was surprised they are still here considering they have a get out clause and that they would have ample evidence of the way MM thinks they play by his constant dropping and substituting of them when at times Carpenter and Hammond should have been the ones getting the heave ho.
Blimey, I'm glad Gerry Ryan didn't think this way, and that was in the days of only one substititue. Where is the evidence of this hitherto mythical clause of 'they can go if we are relegated' in their contract? No-one else seems to know about it.

Sorry, mate, your conclusion makes little sense. Player get dropped or substituted - f*** it, I'm off. Nah, doesn't scan.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Mark McGhee,
I think you have just banged the final nail in your own coffin - Butters, Mayo, Oatway and Carpenter how very exciting and forward thinking, the pace the industry of these players will surely propel us to another level. I salute your total ineptitude.

PS Well done for signing McCammon, Nicolas (and not ever playing him enough) and El-Turi great signings? I can't believe you. How lucky you are to manage as far in to southern softie land, as any supporters north of Watford would be banging the chairman’s door down for you to go.

Your lack of tactics, enthusiasm & player acquisition skills are astounding well done!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Arrid
I think you have just banged the final nail in your own coffin. As someone who wants to approach next season with very little experience in the first team, and play with no players over the age of 23, none of whom can be considered real leaders will surely propel us to another level.

Your lack of tactics, enthusiasm & player acquisition skills are astounding well done!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Adriodinho said:
i don't want chippy on my signed chippy, i wanted 22 autographs on my shit and chippy, big mac and mcphee were ones i hoped not to be here:nono:

You get footballers to sign your shit? Really, the police should be informed I think:D

Well, it's either that or, as you indicated in the first sentene of that post where you talked about a "signed chippy", you own a fish & chip shop and expect football players to sign that.

Why not just get a shirt and have that signed instead?:lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Jimmy Saville said:
Why should Guy have got three months? Has he not been one of our most consistent performers at a higher level? Surely three months would be appropriate for someone with something to prove????

Oatway is of a similar age and has a serious injury. Why would you give him two years.

Because of his age and see how he starts the season

Oatway should get 2 years and then go into the club coaching system

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Jimmy Saville said:
Marlon King went for £500k, but only after scoring a bundle in the first few weeks of the season whilst on loan, thus inflating his value. We could have probably got him for £200k prior to his spell at Watford.

Yes, every manager makes mistakes, but i just don't understand why we seem to have taken such wild stabs in the dark.

I don't think they were that "wild" Turi was recommended by Liam Brady and Bonjek (whatever his name is) and suggested he would be the next Riasaik (can't spell his name either:p )

Anyway he's gone now so lets hope MM can get in a decent replacement.

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
Whoever runs out in the blue and white stripes next season will get my full support end of, except to say Tank will get special extra applause as I love him:bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:
Where is the evidence of this hitherto mythical clause of 'they can go if we are relegated' in their contract? No-one else seems to know about it.

Sorry, mate, your conclusion makes little sense. Player get dropped or substituted - f*** it, I'm off. Nah, doesn't scan.

1. You told me they had that clause in their contract

2. Yes it does....if you are unhappy by the manager not using your abilities to the best you believe is possible, you leave.

What world you living in...or are you doing a Steve and arguing for the sake of arguing?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Charlie_g said:
Whoever runs out in the blue and white stripes next season will get my full support end of, except to say Tank will get special extra applause as I love him:bowdown:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
vulture said:
The argie was a gamble that failed but hey such is life

I agree, however surely you only gamble if you have the funds to do so.

That is really the sad outcome of this is that we had £150k plus whatever as well as his wages spunked up against the wall on someone on a recommendation. We were then told when the first window opened that there was no money available for transfers and yet we have someone like him not even getting a game when he score a hat trick against QPR ( or am I confusing him with someone else) in the stiffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here